Should I start believing in God?

In my lifetime, I've met a lot of women who believe in God. Most of them live very happy and content lives. They have amazing husbands, beautiful kids, and gorgeous homes. I feel like all the praying must actually pay off lol.
I know it's a super weird question.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not weird. Do what you feel is right for yourself. :)

What Guys Said 22

• There are many people who believe in god who rely on that faith to get them through extraordinary times of hardship, which suggests that plenty of religious people suffer too. Faith won't protect you from anything, it just might help you endure it if your faith is strong enough.

• Studies have shown that people who believe in God have less stress, which makes sense, because if you believe, then you don't have to try to control things that are in many ways uncontrollable.

That said, it's hard to willfully believe silly stuff.

• Wow, what a way to yoyo a belief. I believe in God but not because i value ideas and reason. I wouldnn't believe a colour blind person that is is convinced that blue is black just because he thinks it is

• You should but having amazing husbands, kids and homes does not equate that because they believe in God they are being rewarded by Him.

It could be they are hypocrites.

God will test every person before He deems them worthy to enter Heaven. And it is very much possible that He tests you through both by giving you pain and joy in your life side by side

• That's not how religion works.

• Well I would suggest doing so 🙂

• well if you do it to get a white prince husband and a big home better become an atheist. i'd follow God even if i were to lose everything. i'd follow him to the end of the world. with nothing but a piece of cloth. thats the mood and spirit with which you should approach god. already happened to me twice, losing everyhing, and thanks God my faith wasn't affected. i stood up again.

• 21d

but i unfortunately found god at a late age. m parents were atheists and couldnt give me such education.

• 21d

the three stages of godly spiritual life are:
      the stage of the slave. you approach God with fear. see him as a tyrant.
      the stage of the butt kisser. you just see him as a wish-granting-cow. and just maintain a level of basic "spirituality" so he keeps your kids healthy, your business running etc.
      and the third the stage of the brother and son. where you experience erotic love for God and only want to be with Him no matter what. even a cancer seems a godly blessing at that stage. i really hope his grace will perfect me on the third, the healthy stage, one day... .

• 21d

they live happy and content lives cause
      1) the grace transforms you in a serene and happy and mentally healthy person who is happy even with a few things. gives you humility and clarity.
      2) cause God gives Life and abundance of life as He says in the bible.
      3) cause living according to His word is ilving the best life. its actuallyour manual of operation. we were made with certain standards.
      4) they attract similar people, with similar value and spiritual condition.
      5) God blesses their lives and families.

• Yes! Look you have to have faith in Christ, a prayers before eating and going to sleep. Wear a small cross as a necklace (ask a priest to bless it for you) read the Bible too:) Everything you ask in Gods name. Should be given to you. But make god a favor, they have nice things cause of god

• The point of believing in god isn't so you can life-perks though. Aka if thats your reasoning then you are doing it wrong.

• sure if you want a daddy in the sky to watch you while you masturbate at night

• Do you yourself believe in a god,
    Don't just say you believe something you don't, if you don't believe in god thats what you believe, if you do you do.
    You should decide what you believe not go with others.

• Yes. You should. It's good to have guild lines. Judaism has something like 160 commandments. It's very judicial, so I recommend it.

• Ok then. Instead of going to work and try to get through life with careful planning and work, just sit and pray. Let's see if God will grant you everything you need to make a living.

• You either do, or you don't. You can't force yourself to believe in something.

• It's Allah. God is his slave name

• Yes... very much so...

• Praying for all that isn't going to make it happen.

• 21d

God never promised earthly gifts. only heavenly treasures. of spiritual nature.

• Yes, you totally should start believing in only one God.

• Well, if you're gonna start believing in God now is the best time. And yes you should.

• My neighbors a very successful ran a successful company and retired early and vocal atheist as is his wife.
    One of the girls i had a crush on in six form was a very vocal atheist and is now a doctor.
    From networking events and friends i can tell you that most software engineers are atheists i can also tell you more men are so your odds are probly better for dating.

• 21d

belief or not isn't about the benifits its just your thought process preferably without being pushed in one direction and preferably not just what you want to be true.

• I'm not here to stop people from joining cults

• You should first read the bible for yourself and decide if it makes sense to you. The King James version is the oldest English translation, and therefor, likely to have the least errors/changes due to translation.

What Girls Said 5

• Well, it's not quite like that. The Christian life certainly isn't an easy one and there's many trials and tests along the way! God doesn't reward people with great husbands and great kids. Don't let the way people act in front of you make you think everything about their life is perfect! I can guarantee you, it's not. I do have faith in God though and I'm happy about that 😊

• Yes, He is real and I have had more peace, joy and have known true love since I started believing in God and Jesus. I hope you ask Him into your heart and to show You the truth, that is what I did and started going to church, opened my heart to Jesus and by His grace started believing. The best day of my life was when I was baptized and I have been through so much and He has given me peace, truth, joy and love through it all, God bless!

• You should start believing in Allah and then bomb a place and kill lots of people just for the sake of killing.

• i suggest that you do

• No you shouldn't.