Is it sexual assault if I didn't say no?

Yesterday, I stayed after school with a guy friend. I have liked him for a while now, and was happy when he went to kiss me. But, then he put his hands in my shirt, in my bra. He started rubbing my crotch. He pulled up my shirt and bra and kissed and licked my bare breasts. All the while, I couldn't say anything. I was so scared, and I was very uncomfortable the entire time. Is this still considered assault?

What Guys Said 7

• I suppose if you didn't give him permission. But, you might have a hard time fighting it in court if it goes that far as you never said anything. But, usually the law leans to your benefit, especially at your age.

• It is assault if you didn't consent. Not Saying Yes is the SAME as saying no. He put you in a position where you didn't feel like you were safe to say no, so if you feel like it is assault it is. That said, please remember what it means if you do press charges. It will drastically alter the course of his life whether he is convicted or not, simply the accusation will have big implications. If you feel you need to report it DO SO NOW. If you feel like he just didn't realize it wasn't ok and that you can SAFELY talk to him about it I would recommend you try that. DO NOT RISK YOUR SAFETY TO PROTECT HIM!

• Pretty gray area, but due to your age... most likely.

• 23d

So, are you saying that if this were to happen to a 30 year old women in her workplace that this may not be considered assault? Age is not a factor as far as I'm concerned.

• 23d

It doesn't matter what YOU'RE concerned with, it only matters what the LAW is concerned with. Since you cannot CONSENT if you're underage the assault is implied. Understand?

Also, I don't think many 30 year old women would be too scared to say anything or push him away.

• Report it all the same.

• I am Chinese please send email to me. xiaosi19881030@hotmail. com

• nahhh u liked it bitch. otherwise u would've said no and resisted or screamed for help

• 22d

Just by the way, even if I did scream, no one would have heard. Plus, knowing his history, I know it would make things worse for me. If you don't have a mature answer, keep your idiotic comments to yourself. Got it, bitch?

• the same thing happened to my friend and we took him to court... and we won the court case, he is now in jail

What Girls Said 2

• If you were hesitant/scared/unsure/not consenting then YES. Just because you didn't say no that doesn't mean that you were consenting. And it DEFINITELY does not mean that he should have done what he did to you. If you're still iffy about reporting him to someone maybe you could try talking to him and telling him that you didn't like what he was doing to you.

• Did you resist in any way, even physically? If not, then it's not assault. You don't have to let him do that you know. Grab his junk and twist till he begs to be let go. Then throw his @ss out.

• 23d

A few times before he actually pulled my shirt up, i had pulled it back down. When he reached for me, I flinched, and he even mentioned it, saying, "You don't need to worry, I won't hurt you." I was just too scared and shocked to say anything. I shook my head no a few times, and he noticed. But he din't stop.

• 23d

Okay, thank you. I wasn't really sure how to handle this, and this has helped make the decision more clear.

• 23d

No problem. He's a jerk, but not all guys are. Good luck to you. Be safe.