Have you or someone you know ever been the target of cyber bullying?

If so has it ended? What happened to the bully or bullies? How did it make you feel?

24d And if you haven't how do you feel about cyber bullying?

Most Helpful Girl

• yup. By someone who's surprisingly active on GaG to this day.
    How did it make me feel? Pretty surprised at first. Then a bit scared after threats to track me down via my IP and contact my rl friends on FB were made.

• 24d

Were they successful in doing any of that? :o

• 24d

super desperate for attention and/or validation. So... basically trying to compensate for what they're lacking in the grand scheme of things.

• 24d

indeed

Most Helpful Guy

• I won't say cyber bullying per se but the last forum I was on - There was a very insidious element on the forum where they got into groups - If anyone said anything that was against them especially if it was a bit sensitive, they were hounded and if you could make the person leave it was considered a big win - The parting shot was always "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen " - We are talking about topics like "Do dogs have souls?" etc

What Girls Said 22

• I think pretty much everyone on here has been exposed to some form of cyber bullying. I get called horrible names nearly every day and have had a couple people threaten to hunt me down and that kind of stuff. I don't think about it much and i have pretty thick skin. I do worry about some people that come here and seem to get really affected by it though.

• I have, at the time it made me feel really insecure and lonely because it started of as cyber bullying and then it moved to my school because that girl was also in my school. She decided to get people who where 3/4 years older than me involved in the cyber bullying and later also in school. It ended up with a group surrounding me at the lockers while i was alone and since i hate to fight i tried to ignore them, luckily a guy friend of mine walked towards the lockers and stuck up for me so i could walk away, i was crying the whole way home. And i did not want to go to school anymore and since i've always loved school my parents knew it was serious when i told them. At the time i didn't want tot get in trouble and finish high school without drama, but that's impossible ofcourse. I decided to tell one of the teachers because i knew i couldn't fix this with a fight! They basically said that she did it to more people and told her that if she did it again she would be expelled. Next day she did it again but instead of running to the teacher i just turned around and laughed in her face. It shut her up! A year later i saw her in a club and she was trying to get all over this dude and i happen to saw my moment and tripped her😂 She didn't notice it was me though. I hate bullies i have always hated them but i stick up for myself and for other people getting bullied! And right now people don't even try anymore it's great!!

• Yes but I am more cyber stalked than anything.

• I find bullying of any kind repulsive and sad. U have no idea how it will affect the person on the receiving end...

• Cyber no but in real life yes haha

• I haven't been bullied online, but in real life. It can be hard to deal with, but you gotta be strong. Take care of yourself however possible.

• I'm dating a troll...

• 24d

does he bully people?

• 24d

If someone acts like an idiot, he does put them in their place. But he also helps to take down really horrible people. Remember the two girls in FL that burned a rare gopher tortoise? Lord J is one of the few responsible for getting a copy of the self incriminating video they posted, sent to the proper authorities. He doesn't needlessly target weak individuals, only those who are truly deserving of justice dealt to them.

• 24d

ok well thats a little different from what i mean. im for that

• It has happened to me before especially during my teen years. People from my school would start Facebook hate groups about me and post all over the internet that I should kill myself. And during that time I felt: sad, depressed, and suicidal.

• Not as far as I know.

• I've never been the target of cyber bulling, I've heard of people that have, and I've seen people gang up on people.

• 24d

How does that make you feel?

• 24d

It's sad when kids are so trapped, they feel the only escape is death. Bullying in general is terrible. And we as a society should work together to try and nib it in the bud when possible. I understand that's harder on the internet because there's a lot of anonymity, but usually you can report things (like mods and admins and even regular users on this site) So, that there is a way to draw attention to it.

• I've been bullied in both scenarios. Cyber bullying is silly though. You don't like something someone says? You delete/block them. Boom, you're done.
    I don't see how cyber bullying is even an issue, honestly.

• I'm pretty sure every single member on gag has experienced cyber bullying.

• Yes I've been cyber bullied but it didn't have a real affect on me as I do not give two fucks about what people who are afraid of telling me their actual first name think about me. But then when my best friend did committed suicide because of cyber bullying, the bully told me it was my fault. That I could've stopped it. That he didn't care enough about me to stay alive. That he was just a "Stupid worthless emotional fag like me" That's when I got pissed. I started to believe it, and my depression has gotten continuously worse since then.

• I mean if someone is getting bullied online, I'd advise them to log off or delete their account altogether.

• Some have tried I just ignore & block them.

• yeah it's happened to me a bit

• No.
    I'm against any kind of bullying.

• I say people need to grow tougher skin, block who is bullying you, and go on with your life.

• Nope 😏😏😏

• Who would try to embarrass themselves?

• I have seen real life bullying, but no cyber ones. I'm not really using much social media

• loads on gag.

• 24d

Oh yeah? Has it happened to you?

• 24d

How do you feel about it?

• 24d

It is rotten to the core which is why i blast those who do it and report them too.

What Guys Said 14

• no i haven't

• I can't say i have. I grew up out of my teens before the internet was really a thing. I am still skeptical its even a thing, i mean you can simply not log into social media sites.

• 24d

I don't doubt it's a thing. Teenagers are more into the digital realm more than previous generations

• When a cyber bully gets cyber bullied in retaliation for being a cyber bully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn2MQ1Q2m9I

• It happened on one site. I finally had to leave it.

• 24d

How did it make you feel?

• 24d

Angry at first but when the mods chose sides I didn't even say farewell there.

• My brother was being bullied by older guys when he was around 10 -11 so he called me for help and I kicked their asses 😎

• Cyber bullying. Nah not really
    I think it's an issue for some people yea. Everyone deals with environmental stimuli differently. It's not ok in real life and certainly not ok through the cyber space

• I'm not sure what happened to the bullies, but I've been able to defend myself against cyber-bullies. I have thick skin. Hopefully, they took a look at themselves and realized what kind of douches they were being.

• 24d

I hate cyber-bullying. These idiots have nothing better to do than to bully someone else just because they already feel small for whatever reason. They don't reach out for help and instead bully someone because they think that's the way it's supposed to be.

• Yup but it is what it is, keyboard warriors nothing new.

• Nope

• Probably, I know plenty of people

• nope.

• Nope.

• cyber bulli is bullshit.

• I think it is funny. If the person is too stupid to make it so only their friends can post on their profile, then that's what they get. Oh boo hoo, someone posted a mean text. Wahhh. Lol.