Is it true that the one thing guys won't tolerate is disrespect?

As in you could be the prettiest girl in the world or the guy can know that you like him but don't respect him... and he would hate you every second of your existence because of it?

I read that somewhere. Abotu guys not toelrating disrespect.

What Guys Said 11

• Oh men tolerate disrespect. Oh, girl, that's all they tolerate.

Try complimenting one and you'll have some weird arrogance shyness hybrid response.

• 21d

What do you mean? They're so used to not getting respect that when they do it confuses them?

• 21d

I think the real problem here, regardless of the way other people may choose to react to me, is that I don't think I should be treated better just because I'm female. And that's a reality.

So what ends up happening more often than not if there's a guy who for example you say is weak in whichever way, I don't think I would really make fun of him or think I'm 'better' than him.

For example you know how they say women like to date up. Sometimes I feel as though that's a ridiculous concept. Why should women really get the right to say this guy is not good enough if he's equal to her and demand that she get a guy higher up? I mean why would she even want a guy whose better than her I don't get it.

So because I don't believe it, people might pick up on that and know I'm more vulnerable than other females and they can get away with acting a certain way.

• 21d

Well exploiting any weakness makes sense and if there is a fundamental one in your philosophies on life, whether they are be noble or not, they'll be exploited. I can't say whether you're in a good or a bad position on your views but I can say that regardless of that they will be used against you as possible but you also can use them against others.

Also, dating up, in function is actually "equal or better" meanwhile dating down, in function is "equal or worse". Generally speaking it refers to the fact that women use themselves as the baseline of what they'll accept so if they have a bachelor's they'll likely not date someone less educated or whatever metric they use meanwhile males are actually encouraged to build harems out of the lesser females and those that they can manage to control and convince.

But that's a totally different topic. :D

• I won't. I don't hate anyone for it, they simply become non-whites as far as im concerned.

• Bull s***. People deserve disrespect sometimes because they aren't worthy of respect. Those who demand respect typically don't deserve it. EVERYBODY is wrong at some point in their life. If you can't tolerate disrespect, you can't tolerate life.

• 21d

Ha ha this is actually true.

• Some guys do. I sure the fuck don't tolerate it.

• I don't tolerate disrespect whether man or woman

• If you don't respect me, why would I respect you?

• I think it's different for each guy.. We are not all a hive mind.. Lol.. But I don't like disrespect.. Especially from a pretty girl.. It's worse.. But I ain't gon hate anybody for it.. Maybe try and get one back on them though..

• do you?

• I don't tolerate disrespect at all whatsoever

• I can't tolerate disrespect

• Yes that's right. A man is above woman. You just simply don't disrespect a man.. Look at President Trump. He's successful and one of the key to that is he doesn't let anybody disrespect him. Not even a woman.

What Girls Said 3

• i assumed this was common in emotionally stable individuals regardless of sex... you would date a guy who does not respect you?

• yup, but not to that extreme where he would hate u forever

• Lmfao. Of course they do. It depends on the person. Either they're a fool or they're not, what has having a dick got to do with it. Look how many guys get disrespected all the time and still go chase that girl haha.