What were your personal highlights for the year 2016?

2017 is so close, time moves so fast

17d Ew wtf did gag add that pic for?

What Guys Said 35

• Hmm. Perhaps it's not the best time to ask me this, given the lowlights I have experienced these past few days.

I'll do my best. I had a very good birthday. I had a very successful year with my class last year. This year is good too. I took my mother on a trip to northern California and she loved it. I went on an AWESOME trip to Alaska right before I returned to work. So, yep.

It is difficult at the moment reading this. I know I should feel joy, but right now I can't. I almost certainly will at some point in the future. Just not now.

• Seeing my granddaughter doing her first steps. Right at the moment I had my camera ready. :)

• I'm guessing it's not a good sign that I find this a depressing question, lol!

Yeah. D=

• Moved back to hometown for awhile. New job. New perspective. Crazy fun vacation in Vegas. In the beginning stages of starting my own business.
    Stayed at a friend's beachhouse and caught up with old friends. Trump won the election like predicted and I won $500 alongside several other major bets I won this year. Thanksgiving is coming up. Christmas blend starbucks coffee is being sold at Barnes & Noble and I'm aaaall over it. My birthday is coming up soon after and Christmas of course : )

• 18d

Ah and put back on a bit of muscle. Strained my back last year, which was a huge pain. My core is far stronger and I physically feel better now. Cutting fat again to highlight the new muscle lol

• -Graduated HS
    -3rd semester of uni already
    -Got sisters 2 kittens
    -Money ain't tight no more
    -Learned to wipe only once with clean results
    -Beard came in
    -Hit gym; Have a built look now
    -Bought car
    -Made sure my mom knows she's #1
    -List goes on

• Graduating college.

• This year has been weird. A lot of good things have happened but also a lot of really bad shit has happened.

As far as my highlights
    -getting a new car
    -getting my first actual business to business sales job
    -seeing the original misfits lineup
    -getting fired from a job that was a very toxic environment. It was a blessing in disguise
    -meeting cool, new friends

• I went back to uni! Feels good pretending to be 18 again 😁.

• Two amazing vacations, new opportunities with work, new car, still alive, all of those, lol

• -Running a football field shirtless
    -Crowd surfing
    -Throwing cans of pop at stop signs out my best friends car window
    -Getting rejected, shortens the list.
    -Helping my friend fix his new Mustang
    -saying im cute cus no one else will. Wait that's a fail, oh well it happened.

• Good question - "016 was lots of gradual changes for me hopefully moving in a better direction

• Making some AWESOME friends here on GaG !
    Finishing my master's...

• Acceptance into medical school
    Voting for president for the first time
    Moved out of my parents' house

• The only exciting thing has been getting a new job and moving to new york. Which is pretty fucking dope I guess haha but other than that it's been very uneventful, I hardly talk to people anymore.

• Met some really awesome people

• Won a few awards.

• - I helped donated 3-5 million to charity
    - I ate 2 extra large pizza in an hour
    - Help a bunch of people by being a wingman

• Going to a morrisey concert along with passing out at a drinking party which resulted me ending up in the hospital lol.

• 19d

I saw Morrissey at Riot Fest and while I like his music, he is a tool as a person. He would not play until the food tents stopped selling meat. I don't care that he's a vegan or vegetarian but shoving his views down everyone's throat like that is no better than people shoving their religion down people's throats.

• I went from eating 3 boxes of pizza a day to 2.5 boxes of pizza a day

• All I gotta say is meh LOL

• 20d

Ah I guess making new friends, getting a tattoo and adopting a new few month year old cat would be some of my highlights. So maybe not that meh LOL.

• Entering college
    Had a new wonderful niece
    That's bascailly it lol

• Tbh it has been a pretty boring year for me.

• The only decent thing that happened to me is that I'm finally getting psychaitric help

• -Brexit
    -Trump

• Graduating high school. Getting my first job. Becoming eligible to buy booze. Starring in a movie.

• New career

• -Broke up
    -New relationship
    -Crazy hot summer, with lots of barbecues
    -Epic football season

• Not sure, this year was pretty uneventful.

• i left my job and became an entrepreneur.

• Had a bunch of experiences that made me grow up.

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 28

• ..."Time moves so fast" You have Got that right, @rexun
    I also Agree '2017 is so close,' that Many are Beginning to, Not only Make Christmas Wish Lists, but Resolutions to Change and Rearrange their Own Lives. As Always, I Try and Cry and Kick out the Old and Bring in the New, Maybe like You. Always so Much Has Happened for me to Reflect upon, from the Whole Year.
    However, this Year, dear, is a little Different. This year, with Everything that Has Happened, for I mainly Focused on my own Life involving this Country, how Bad it has Gotten, Watching the Dow Somehow like a Hawk, Campaigning Online for Trump, I will Never Forget this because Now I can Finally Sleep Great Again, my Friend... President-Elect Donald Trump is Going in the Hot Seat January 20 2017, and I will have my Tickets from my own Elected Senator to Get into the Pearly Gates of Heaven the Day it Happens out in Washington, Dc.
    Good luck, Happy Holidays and Thank you for the Kind Invite. xx

• Mine was definitely spending New Year's Eve in Sydney & my first months in Melbourne (I've met so many cool people there) <3 Also the trips to London, moving to Amsterdam & starting university (met a lot of cool people here, again) :) I'd actually say out of all (recent) years 2016 was my best so far

• -My fam letting me and a couple friends stay the entire summer at the beach house, kinda learned what it will feel like living independently.
    -first year voting
    -accepted into a program in which I'm basically a full-time college freshman at the same time as being a HS senior
    -Making some really bad decisions toward the beginning of the year made me grow up a lot.

Just some of my highlights. Although when i think about it, except for this summer being amazing, this year has had much more awfulness that others. And the summer was only amazing b/c we were in a completely different state, new people, and didn't have to deal with people here in town. Ugh i miss the summer already

• Hmm, I guess making new friends and adopting two new precious pups (in the next couple of days) are the best parts of this year.

• Let's see...

Heartbreak
    Relapse
    New medical diagnosis

Yeah, this year sucked. But every time I got knocked on my ass, I got back up. Sometimes slower than others, but you bet your ass I got back up. So in all of the shit that I went through, I learned my strength. Ready to finish the year strong and go in 2017 swinging.

• Changing to Law uni after being in the scientific field for more than 4 years. Drastic change lol :P

• Seeing Oh Wonder live again. Visited Texas, though the place was the highlight and not the person I went for. There was some good tv this year... that's it.

• i so do not wanna recap this year (\+/)

• dating a few guys and learning a bit
    travelling during the summer
    being active again in the team
    birth of my baby cousin ^^
    making new friends

• Well lets see,

Meet a guy who I fell in love with but we didn't work out, had an abortion this year, moved into new apartment,

• •school summer camp
    •finding out a guy liked me during the summer camp
    •pretending not to notice the guy (in which I regret now)
    •going to the beach like every weekend during the summer
    •eating pizza almost every Friday night
    •moved for the country to the city

• My first date
    My first love
    My first heartbreak
    New opportunities

• Graduating college
    Working. Having a "real job".
    Helping my boyfriend get his cat lol

• Meeting amazing people, and having the best four months of my life in San Francisco ^.^

• I'm not sure what my highlight was. Maybe listening to a Taylor Swift song while eating steak at a restaurant. Maybe playing with my cousin's 2 year old son. Maybe trying a mexican burrito at my school and realizing I really like it

• I literally had one of the best summer of my life.
    And met a really great person who's helped me a lot.

• Losing my v card
    Making new friends
    Getting a kickass job
    Pre much it lol

• Meeting this amazing guy and getting away from the hell I called home

• Well.. Pokémon comes out this year so that's exciting 😂

• I got a job and found a eevee I been searching for months!

• This was a shitty year, I don't have any good highlights

• New life

• Starting college

• I met someone who's really special to me.

• My brother's wedding

• giving birth to my sweet baby girl
    me and my boyfriend are so happy

• Got a cool job
    Got another cool job after where I worked closed
    Broke up with my ex
    Joined some clubs at college
    Got closer with this guy I really like who seems to like me too

• Got into my 1st choice college and 3 others, got my driver's license, had my first kiss, kissed 13 people the night i turned 18 (that was kinda gross but a necessary evil), am working in a huge project in college about dams, finally gained weight.