If you had to pick between having a SO, but no friends or having no SO, but really great group of friends, which would you pick?

Most Helpful Girl

• Having no SO, but a really good group of friends would be perfect for me.

• 20d

Really? I always kind of saw you as the one who'd prefer the relationship in this scenario :o

• 20d

You secretly stalking me? Jk 😅😝
      Awww that's so sweet! I honestly love when people (especially guys) think I'm marriage material! And that's good dude keep it up! Guys like you are rare gems. Stay a gem :)

• 20d

Oh yeah, that's 80% of what I do when I'm on here, got to know who's cool enough for me to talk to haha ;P
      Is this the part when I say "I honestly love when people (especially girls) think I'm rare gems" Haha thanks! :P

What Girls Said 25

• Before I found my SO, I had a bunch of good friends. After I found my SO, I slowly distanced myself with my friends just cause my SO became my best friend.

If I were to choose, I would definitely go with the SO with no friends situation. But only do this if your SO is your best friend and not just a lover. With my old friends, I would occasionally feel like I couldn't tell them certain things or feel embarrassed about them. With my SO, I can tell him everything and anything I want without any regrets.

• Friends. My amazing friends have stuck with me through bad break ups and all my ups and down in life. Plus I don't need to constantly give my friends attention for them to keep our relationship up, I can have as much space as I like when I feel like it. And I cannot do life without my girls day/night outs. I guess I just prefer it right now since I have such a strong bond with my closest friends, and distance doesn't even bother us one bit, plus we very VERY rarely argue.

• 20d

Oh and I forgot to mention, dating has and always have been very very low on my life priority list.

• 20d

Oh I have all the time in the world, just lack of interest, I always end up having too much drama when it comes to my dating life, something always goes wrong and I keep stressing over so much bullshit. Im not convinced yet that its worth it until someone comes and proves me wrong. But perhaps if I end up dating someone who was my best friend before we got together it might be different.

• 20d

The best friend idea can turn out really well... the only hard part is deciding whether it's worth risking the friendship for a chance at the relationship lol

• Hmmm, well, if he was perfect and we were living alone in the woods in a cottage, then, no friends. Just my lover.
    If we were just living in the city and I had to have 0 friends, that'd be weird. But I love sex and having a partner. So, I gotta ditch friends again.

• I'll keep my man and let all one of my friend go 😂

I'm pretty easy to get along with so if we ever break up then I won't suffer friendless for long

• I think I'd probably choose friends but no SO.

• 20d

Any reasons? Just curious since you're in a relationship right now right? lol

• 20d

Well, we were friends for four years before we actually got together and our friendship is not something that I ever want to lose. The friendship is more important to me than the relationship bit, if you get what I mean, it would hurt much more to lose him as a friend than it would as a partner, at least as a friend he'd be in my life.

But ignoring that, it's better to have friends than just your partner. Friendships are important, y'know? You can't go ditching them. When you only have your partner and no friendship group to rely on, everything is so focused just on them to an obsessive point and if something goes wrong there or if you have a fight, there's no way to escape that and interact with others, there's no one you can go to for support. Getting too focused on him and ignoring that I have my amazing friends who are always there to love and support me is something that I really want to avoid.

• 20d

That makes perfect sense, plus in this scenario he'd still be in your life as your best friend :P

• That's a difficult question! At this point in my life, I'd probably choose lots of friends and no SO (current situation haha). Years from now I would probably choose an SO, but it'd still be a difficult question.

• I reckon I'd pick my so because he is my best friend. It feels like he's the only person there for me these days. But I'd rather have him than anyone else anyway I guess. We have some good times together :)

• SO and no friends :/

• SO and no friends- this is sort of me now, we are both homebodies and know people but typically we don't go out socializing. I'd rather a SO over friends regardless, even in my more outgoing days.

• Friends and no so. you said the friends were great, but not the so. O:
    who's to say he deserves a princess >.> lmao

• Damn... I'd probably rather have a really great group of friends. I don't know about only having my SO around. A group of friends would mean different people bringing different qualities as one instead of just one persons qualities

• 20d

It's probably an introvert's dream come true to only have their SO around lol
      Diversity of people is great, they all bring amazing qualities to a group :P

• 20d

@zorro8888
      Yeah diversity is a must when I'm surrounding myself with people. Having people with the same qualities can get boring. I like knowing and thinking about different points of view and such. 😊

• Right now, i'd go with my SO.

• Good group of friends. At least when someone decides to unfriend you, it's not the same pain as getting your heart broken

• A really great group of friends at this age. Possibly just an SO in the future, I don't know, may feel/think different then.

• Having a SO with no friends. Its not like I have to many friends anyways

• Probably a SO. If they're a good SO they'll be a great friend as well.

• SO. I'm antisocial, I try to avoid any friends I have lmao
    And I assume my SO would be my bff first

• 20d

If he was your bff first... wouldn't you have avoided him because you're antisocial? lol

• My SO, I love him

• Friends for not, sick pic by the way 😂

• 20d

Did you see how Triss dropped you guys for the SO haha
      It's actually my desktop background right now lol I keep laughing every time I see it :D

• 20d

@Triss Haha she had to know the truth! I'll take the punishment lol!

• 20d

Yes you will

• I'd take the SO because friends now days are just as bad as enemies

• Good group of friends

• Partner and no friends

• 20d

Damn where's the squad right now to see this betrayal!
      Luci, Rainbow and Reixun just got dropped for a boy :P

• 20d

Wow hoe 😢😢

• 20d

@reixun sorry hoe i hurt you. I still love you so much 💋💋💋you 3 r my 👑
      And lorentz is my fuckboy. I will punnish him

• For now the latter. Give it a few years and the former.

• Um my partner.

• SO. Friends can't give me sex or a kid. My SO is my friend too anyway, we do hang out like friends sometimes.

What Guys Said 14

• SO and no friends! People suck! Eventually, even a good friend will fuck you or leave you behind. SO is so much more meaningful anyway. SO also wins because if you find the right one, they also become your best friend too!

• 20d

Lol not always the case with friends but I see your point!

• A great group of friends cannot replace an SO.
    (A vs An is a phonetic convenience. A SO is just too hard to say. Same works the other way. An European is just as hard to say whereas A European is a breeze. Let the rule be 'A' before a consonant sound and 'An' before a vowel sound. Sorry but I am very pedantic about some things.)
    PS loving the graphic but the duck will probably initiate a multi-billion $$ lawsuit on the basis of the size of the willie.

• I prefer my wife. By far!

• Easily friends.

• I would rather have a SO, and no friends. I already barely have any friends the way it is.

• having an so... but maybe i only chose that, cause i never had it xD

• Friends but no cunt.

Friends are far superior.

• I would want to have an SO but no friends. I have never been in a relationship and would love to have one.

Also why that picture?

• no SO

• compatible SO any day

• Friends. A SO has a way less boundaries and I need space.

• Friends

• Great friends and then I would get sex from having fwbs.

• Friends>>>>>SO

Anyone who picks otherwise is retarded.