If President-Elect Donald Trump were assassinated, what kind of backlash would you expect?

Hypothetical scenario- let's say that, at one of the first public events which Donald Trump attends since winning the election, he gets shot dead, by someone who loudly shouts "WE REJECT THE PRESIDENT ELECT!" before opening fire, and who it later emerges was a member of either BLM, The National LGBTQ Task Force, or the Women's Liberation Movement. How would the nation, and the world, react to such an incident? What kind of backlash would you expect, and who against?

1|1
9|11

What Girls Said 9

• If human are stupid enough to kill a man for such stupid reasons. There truly is no hope for humanity and we sunk as low as we can get.

Now, how the mass will react if such a disgusting act was made would possibly be a full out apocalyptic state of chaos. It would not be pretty and many more innocent people would be harmed or killed.
    It would also possibly bring others from other movements to use that time to be stupid and cause destruction, crimes, and more fatalities or injuries like is even already happening at this very second.

Now, let's ask ourself this. Is it really worth it?
    Just because you don't like whom was the most wanted?
    To kill someone who has a family, kids, and who you haven't even given a chance?
    Smarten up people. This is sick to even think about.
    Let's grow up, work together, and give this a chance to make ACTUAL change.

1|1
    0|0
  • REDS WOULD SEE "RED" AND THEN GO TO THE STREET AND MEET AND GREET, GOING ALL OVER THE COUNTRY WITH PROTESTS , NO PAY FROM ANYONE UNDER THE SUN. xx

0|1
    0|0
  • I think this scenario is insane... but it does come from left.

0|1
    1|1
    • 21d

It's exactly what hundreds of thousands of people are promising that they'll do as soon as they get the chance, given how much #assassinatetrump is currently trending on Twitter. Take a look for yourself- twitter.com/hashtag/AssassinateTrump?src=hash- and then tell me that it's insane to think that one of these hundreds of thousands of crazies might just be crazy enough to go ahead and do it. I could have gone with the other hypothetical scenario- #rapemelania is apparently trending even more on twitter than #assassinatetrump is right now - but I felt that'd just be too nasty to even contemplate...

• 21d

If they try... I hope they get a bullet in the head.

• 21d

They are acting like spoiled children

• I somehow feel like him being assassinated would be worse than other assassinations simply because of his supporters.

0|1
    1|0
  • He's more likely to be shot by a militant alt right group for not following through on campaign promises. Or a lunatic who thinks it will impress Jodie Foster... oh wait, that happened.

0|1
    0|1
  • I would hope the way we have the in the past by jailing the person who did it. He wouldn't be the first American President to be killed. It would be awful. I'd really hope his supports didn't go flying off the rails but given who his supporters are and how often these days they seem to be threatening Civil War who knows!

Hopefully we never have to find out.

0|0
    0|0
  • nothing. praise & admiration

1|0
    1|3
    • 21d

From everyone? You don't think that any of Trump's 65M supporters would be even the slightest bit upset?

• 21d

I don't know.. I guess the vice would step in so why would they be upset

• Remember the war between south and north? Well, there might be another civil war, this time maybe between west and east, who knows...

0|1
    1|1
    • 21d

Pretty sceptical about the notion that it'd be an organized divide along state lines...

• 20d

Who knows, everything is possible.

• As unfortunate as it would be for children to lose their father, the world would be relieved because Donald Trump is an unstable, unprofessional loose cannon with no experience. I don't know if you Americans realize it, but you are a massive joke to the world right now and the people who support someone so repulsive as a world leader simply look like clueless idiots. The international community generally views Trump supporters to have voted on the wrong side of history and the way this all looks from the outside looking in is that white America is bullying and targeting "the other".

0|1
    2|2

What Guys Said 11

• It would not be pretty - Emotions are high enough as it is - No way of knowing where that would escalate to

1|2
    0|0
    • 21d

How ugly do you think it could be? How bad do you think it could get, if Trump were to be assassinated? 1960's bad, Arab Spring bad, Civil War bad, end-of-the-world WW3 bad?

• 21d

1960s civil rights bad

• Some even seen holding up signs saying 'rape Melania'

I think this is bringing out the worst in people as a projection of the Hillary's campaign and her organization. Simply put, they support her criminals activities along with that piece of trash Sorros

On a side note: Trump has declined the president pay check of $400,000 a year and only taking $1 per year. A true service man that is getting sabotaged. Which is getting obvious by the day.

They may even be too large a force for a president to counteract

theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/.../trump-warrior.jpg

1|1
    0|0
  • Trump supporters will take arms. Most are tired of the already violence against them, but killing Trump would be the last straw.

1|1
    0|0
    • 21d

Trump whipped his supporters into a hateful frenzy. Blacks, Latinos, Muslims, etc. were all targets. Now we are seeing whites "randomly" attacking people of those groups, not just nationally, but locally, too. But as Trump has been backing off of some of his rhetoric, and will find that he does not have the power for other things he planned, many of his supporters will get pissed at him. As frenzied and hateful as he got them, it would not be a surprise if one of his own were to attempt to assassinate him.

• 21d

@Red_Arrow Are we really seeing that? theralphretort.com/.../

• Things would be very bad, it would most likely result in escalating violence all across the country. I'm hoping things calm down, that people will forget about the election and get on with their lives. If policies are passed that you disagree with, fine, stay active and participate in the democratic process.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would *EXPECT* that this cuntry would just roll over and whimper a bit, while the lefty scum partied, destroyed property, attacked anyone that wasn't one of their fellow Useful Idiots, and just generally acted like the mouth-breathing terrorists that they are.

1|1
    1|0
  • The last thing anyone should ever want is for trump to be treated as a martyr

1|1
    0|0
    • 21d

This is sooo correct! Just let him eventually implode.

• Show All
    • 21d

Bottom line... I am sure no supporter of Trump and his regime but no one deserves to be assassinated. Up here in Canada we are shocked and amazed that Canada and the USA have such different values.

• 21d

@Jenn1991 I don't know about no one (the jury is out on Castro, hitler, Stalin, saddam, etc), but trump isn't 1 of them. But I get more annoyed with the stupid mindless followers of anyone and anything than anything else. Same with the Hillary fans... well, if it makes you feel better, so do the majority of Americans, but more than 75% (the majority who didn't vote for him and the other 50% who didn't vote due to the 2 shittiest candidate options in history) agree

• The same backlash as when JFK and his brother were assinated.
    The same backlash as when MLK was assassinated.

1|0
    0|0
  • The won't assassinate him with Pence as vice president.

0|0
    0|0
    • 21d

Would the kind of SJW radical who'd actually go ahead and do this even spare a thought about that?

• Show All
    • 21d

At one point nazis themself tried to kill hitler. Erwin rommel was in the plot too.

• 21d

They failed.

• Then whomever causes this will be the person to benefit the most out of it while Americans are plunged into Civil War killing each other.

This guy is the real problem and culprit, and if something like a successful assassination of Trump and plunging America into civil war, he'd completely make big profit from the chaos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14zszKEKz-I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiDO6ZUVMQ8

0|1
    0|0
  • BLM - Race relations would degrade severely

LGBTQ - Such activity might eventually get banned.

Women's lib - Burn them at the stake!! Enough of men being oppressed 2nd class citizens... confine them to the house!!

0|1
    0|0
    • 21d

Thanks for the answer. Might as well cover all the bases though- what about if it were a foreign-born Latino, Muslim or EU national who did this?

• 21d

Again race/country relations would degrade severely... depends on the particular circumstance though...

Anyway, we should just put women back in the fucking kitchen now. Oppressing a man is arguably worse than killing one.

• All out war probably, Trump supporters are not the reasonable kind, besides they are heavily armed.

1|3
    1|1
    • 21d

oh yes, because clinton supporters are SO reasonable right? Have you not seen them?

• 21d

@Tanairy328 Well, it's mostly the Clinton-supporting protesters and the promises made by at least a quarter of their number who've given press interviews to do exactly this (assassinate the "second coming of Hitler" Trump before he can take office, "for the greater good") that inspired me to ask this question in the first place. All it'd take would be one of the hundreds of thousands of people over the past few days who've vowed to kill him to follow through on that promise, or for someone indoctrinated and brainwashed by the anti-Trump camp to do so in their name. And what would happen if they did, and if they succeeded?

• 21d

@Tanairy328 Clinton's supporters will burn out evetually