Do you think sometimes that feudalism is better than democracy?

shouldn't it be seen as superior?

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 8

• If you want to see how apparently awesome feudalism is take a trip to Feudal Japan most of it's ancient history was embroiled in civil war emperors came and fell like Autumn leaves.

While it gave rise to some of the most skilled, disciplined and determined warriors history has ever known it covered the entire country in bloody wars that left no one safe. There wasn't a period of more then 200 years of peace at any given time.

And with the weapons we have now a days it would devistate countries to the point of never being able to rebuild, fully or nature not being able to recover.

• 20d

as if democracies were never involved in wars. like perhaps your schools didn't teach you about your country's involvement in WWII for instance...

• 20d

I'm well aware of democracy's part in war and I know about WW2 my great, great uncle fought in it. I've studied war of every kind and know a great deal about it.

The difference is feudalism has a much bloodier past not so much with other nations but within it's own boarders and that makes it more dangerous in more ways.

• No thanks. I think I would pass.

• No, people had no rights under feudalism. They could be arbitrarily executed, raped etc. with no chance of justice. Also, in a society where everyone has rights and equality, they have the opportunity to grow and become creative, productive human beings who can contribute to society. Under feudalism there is almost zero chance of that happening - so society itself is poorer for it.

• 19d

they did have rights. just the king and the nobles had the most rights.

• It all depends on the Lord! If you have a Just and Noble King, nothing could ever run smoother. If the King is bad, then yeah, Feudalism sucks.

Other problem is the succession of power, how to keep it merit-based.

• Well, feudalism gets you pikemen, but democracy gets you spies.

• Not even a little bit

• No feudalism is some of the worst along with absolute monarchy.

• No. No. A thousand times no.