Do you think publishing a book in Amazon would help you make money?

I have this novel idea for years and the only thing is stopping me from writing is publishing issues... it discouraged me so im wondering do you think publishing it on amazon would be better? And how much do you think i would have in an year?

Most Helpful Girl

• when you say publishing on Amazon do you mean publishing an e-book?

I think it can be successful, if it's good enough and for the right price. I'm not very likely to buy a book on my kindle if it's by an author I've never heard of and the book has no reviews. If it looks good and is only 99cents, then maybe.

Here's an idea- sometimes I browse the free e-books on Amazon and download them (since they're free). One of the free books was really, really good. The author published a sequel that cost money. It was still cheap, just a few bucks, but I bought the sequel without hesitation because I really liked the first book. But I never would have given the author money if he didn't hook me in by offering his first book for free.

But also, honestly you shouldn't be thinking about publishing until you have a draft of the book. It can take years to write a book. You could research publishing now, write the book, but by the time you're done writing you will have to do new research anyway because policies could have changed. So write first.

What Girls Said 2

• I think i read an article that estimated about 5-10 of 100 self published ebooks on amazon become profitable. Of course that was based on certain estimates of cost for the writing and publishing of the book which can vary widely. So really, it depends first on the content of the book and second on your ability to market the book.

• I hear of a girl who used a website for books was able to make thousands of dollars of it and I think she was 17 at the time and this was last year? 2014? can't remember the site name. Maybe use a website where people write their stories on it first. Then Amazon since amazon customers probably want to buy more from someone well known.

What Guys Said 2

• Just write something that isn't garbage. If you write junk and it gets published, still junk

• Could be or could be not. It really depends on the content and how do you market it...