I hate the way I look?

I am SO insecure about the way I look. I hate everything about my face and it doesn't help that I just got called ugly (lmao my life is a joke) does anyone have ideas to get better self confidence? Because I can't really fix my face before I have the money, lol

What Guys Said 3

• You can actually do a lot with makeup. Tack on like 1-3 points of attractiveness. So, learn how to do makeup better, for one. For two, focus on accessories. Wristbands, jewelry, whatever hair thingies, clothing. Accentuate your good features and attempt to hide your bad features.

• If the world knew how to change how a person felt about themselves then you wouldn't ask this question

• Post a how do I look/rate me poll on here with a picture.
    At least some people will like your looks and make you feel better about yourself.

• 24d

That would be embarrassing af

• 24d

But it matters to me, because my self confidence is like non existent

• 24d

Then it can't really get any worse. It will either stay the same or improve if you already have no confidence.

What Girls Said 3

• "I can't really fix my face before I have the money" I think that's where you're going wrong with building your self-confidence. Self confidence is first about being comfortable with who you are, not altering yourself into who you are not (Sorry it sounds cheesy, but bear with me here).

When I was younger, I had MAJOR self-confidence issues, being insecure about things like being ugly and wanting to look more feminine and even being insecure about being my own race (which is an all time low, as you literally can't change that and it made me feel worse about myself).

One day, I had a change of heart, and realised that the people around me that seemed self-confident, were comfortable with who they were. I tried to do the same. I smiled more, and almost immediately, people noticed the change, and commented on how 'pretty' they thought I was and so forth. At the time (being like 12-13 years old) I hadn't altered my appearance with makeup, it was literally just the self-confidence that 'changed' my appearance/ persona, somehow...

You have to look at yourself in the mirror, and accept that what you see is you, and is what you've got to work with - look at your good attributes, and what you think are your bad attributes and embrace them. As I found out, you are your worst critic. You think that because you see yourself that way, that everyone else does. One person calling you "ugly" can be damaging, but you have to remember that what other people say about you is not as important as what you think about yourself!! ^_^ Prove that one person wrong!!

I personally began wearing subtle makeup, which boosted my self-confidence loads, but it also lead to me be insecure of leaving the house bare-faced after a time, because I again felt 'ugly' without it. then one day, my sister told me that I looked fine without the makeup, and because I didn't believe her, she challenged me to go to school one day without it. I accepted, and found that people didn't treat me any different, they accepted me for who I was, and THAT experience really boosted my confidence. So if you do wear makeup, I recommend not relying on it for confidence, but use it to enhance your natural features, so that if you don't wear it, it's really no big deal to you. ^_^

For some reason, for me, knowing how I looked with makeup, made me realise how normal my face was without it - especially in comparison to people we consider to be 'beautiful' that look no different to us without the makeup. ^_^

• it's helpful if i actually knew what you look like
    because lots of people say they're ugly when they're really not

in the meantime: hair, make-up, clothes, exercise
    make sure hair and make-up are suited to your face shape and proportions
    also, do things you love and try and ignore the haters

• Make up, get your hair done, do your eyebrows, do your nails, dress better.

It's hard to give advice when I don't know what you look like.