What the difference between being call beautiful and being called gorgeous?

What's the difference and what would you rather be called as a girl / woman?

Most Helpful Guy

• I thin beautiful is a more vague term, while gorgeous only relates to looks.

What Guys Said 4

• Everyone will have their own take on this and some people use the two terms interchangeably. For some people they'll mean the exact same thing.

I'll tell you how I would differentiate the two when I use them.

If I say someone is beautiful then I mean that they are very good looking and it would be obvious to almost anyone that they are very good looking. However, it doesn't mean that I feel compelled to be with them. It's just an observation of beauty. A bit like I might be able to see that a car is a stunning looking car but it doesn't mean that I want it.

When I say that a girl is gorgeous it feels less sterile to me, it feels a lot more warm and intense. It means that this girl just seems intoxicating, almost edible. It means that she is not just beautiful to look at, she actually gives me butterflies. It's entirely more consuming.

• As a man i would rather be called handsome.

I think the word gorgeous has more "weight" per say because people don't use it as much as they use the word beautiful.

• Nothing

• When I say them I mean the same thing

What Girls Said 0