What are some weird beliefs you had when you were little?

When I was like 8 I thought that people's appearance grew to match their given name 😂, because I just couldn't understand why another name for that person didn't suit them. I believed so until a friend of mine said I was crazy. 😢

Did you have any weird or funny beliefs as a kid back when you didn't know how the world worked? 😛

Most Helpful Guy

• until I was seven and I though rhode island was a lake

Most Helpful Girl

• Every time something unusual happened in my house, I believed that it was the ghost of a dead rooster buried underneath my house coming to haunt me. I believed this for 2 years. I live in the suburbs and not near any farms. I don't know where the rooster came from.

What Guys Said 9

• I thought dogs were boys and cats were girls.

• People in the southern hemisphere walked upsidedown.

• I thought the top floor of the funeral home
    was Heaven and that was where Jesus was at.
    Me and my sister was not that far apart in age
    we had a imaginary friend name Jimmy.
    I was mad at my dad one time and told him
    i would turn him into the humane society
    now humane society is place for animals
    and they some have no kill shelters. lol

• Told ya you were a weirdo Rainie 😜
    I used to believe that actors or actresses who played bad people were bad people irl 😂

• 23d

Shh, Im just special 😉
      LOL I still kinda get a bit mad or irritated by actors/actresses that play evil/bad characters 😂 I can't help myself. Their face irritates me. 😂

• 23d

Yes very special 😉
      Lol so do ! Like ugh I hate that guy!

• I think your belief is true, because my name is BeerFarts and I look like a BearFart :p

• Islam what a weird belief boy was I wrong. I was fed that crap for so many years and believed it.

• Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, God

• Baby come from women' ass

• I always knew everything... still do

What Girls Said 17

• My grandmother is very old school. So, I heard, and for a time believed, some very out there stuff. An asterisk is next to things I believed in.
    If the broom hits your foot when sweeping, you had to spit on it to get rid of the bad luck.*
    It's bad luck to wash your clothes or mow the lawn on a Sunday.
    It's bad luck to talk and joke around during a thunderstorm.
    If you are on the phone or any electronic device, wireless or not, you are increasing your chances of lightening striking the house, through the house, and then you.
    During certain times in the summer, it will get so hot, dogs will go mad.
    All snakes are evil and poisonous... even if they aren't.

My mother was told if a lizard runs up your pants you'll change sex.

Things I made up to be true: As a kid, my mom left it on a lot of murder mystery shows. So, I got a very warped view of not only marriage, but also men. As a child, I thought it was a fairly popular event for men to grow dissatisfied and greedy and then murder their wives for money. Also, they'd be really good at hiding their plans. So, when I thought of marriage I would be afraid and on edge because if I didn't select a really "good one" then he would out of nowhere kill me.

• 21d

Congrats for having a more superstitious childhood than I did:0

• 21d

@peachblossomluck lol, it was rough bc I'm much more scientific and need data to back up beliefs, and she is very old school. So, we'd get into tisks about if this was allowed or if it wasn't.

• I believed:
    - The weather was God's mood (and the angels').
    - Special effects on TV were real (such as the magic in Wizards of Waverly Place).
    - Mixing perfume and shaving cream can create a love potion. :p
    - My "imaginary friend" was a separate voice inside my head, that would teach me new vocabulary and facts.
    - When the clouds move and the sun shines through your window suddenly, I thought it was God's way of letting you know you're not alone.
    - 3 Doors Down and Three Days Grace were the same band.
    - I could speak lion! (I went to a zoo, and I heard the lion say that he wants us to leave so he can be fed.)
    - "Growling" like an alligator (that's my nickname) is a useful self-defense mechanism.

It took me a while to think of all those, but those are some beliefs that I had forgotten about. I was a very imaginative child.

• For some reason I thought my life would follow in the footsteps of my mother.. so everything she did at a certain age I would do the same as well and everything that had happened to her would happen to me as well 😂
    Also thought that every girl grew up to look like Barbie for some reason and babies come from beer 😂😂

• - The Moon followed my car
    - Babies randomly popped in a mother's tummy, completely randomly, it's not up to her if she will have kids or not and it's not up to her how many kids she wants.

• 21d

Wait! You mean the moon DOESN'T follow our cars? When I was little and thought that too. I told my mother the moon was my friend and followed me everywhere to keep an eye on me:)

• When I was 8 I used to think that an automatic car was one that had to be plugged into the wall. My grandma had an automatic, and I felt so sorry for her, having to wind up miles of extension cord every time she got back from a drive!

• I think you're onto something with that name thing actually... I found out I was half German when I was little and thought that meant I had extra germs. I thought pencils came from Pennsylvania and that Indians were from Indiana. I was in preschool or something. To this day, words are still a big deal to me lol.

• I used to believe that only celebrities could be good looking Lol
    And I also thought that blue eyed people saw everything in blue. That they couldn't see other colors Lol
    It's amazing how kids see the world.

• When I was 4 my older cousin told me that there was cake in the middle of an orange, or a grapefruit, or whatever it was just to get me to eat the whole thing. For the longest I'd be wondering where this cake was that she told me about and why I'd never come across an orange with any inside of it. She just left me with disappointment.

• I thought all white people were rich. I literally use to think this growing up.

• Lmao I used to think the world was going to end on 6/6/2006. I didn't know my sister was being an ass and teasing me.

• I remember going on vacation with my parents, we were there for maybe a week or less but for some reason i had it in my mind that we were there for 100 days :P i don't know why lol

• I thought that Alaska was on the equator. I don't even know.

• Babies come out of the belly button

• None other than a belief in Santa Clause but I guess deep down I always thought he was cartoon like and not real.

• I used to think that if a boy touched me I'd get chicken pox until I got tagged by a boy in kindergarten while playing tag 😂 I fell to the ground crying and I was depressed until the next morning when I woke up and didn't have chicken pox 😂

• www.livescience.com/...s-long-lasting-effects.html

Loads of research these days says names do affect how people grow to be. And i do think people often look like their personality.

• 23d

Thats so interesting! 😯 And I thought I was dumb because of that belief, guess it had some truth to it 🤔

• When I was young I believed god was a big fat beardy man sitting on the clouds watching over everyone. And when it was raining he was sad and when it was thundering he was mad. Thought that the weather was god's mood.

• 23d

LOL I thought the weather was God's mood too 😂😂😂 But thats because thats what my mum told me 😂