Can people see through to my insecurities? and is this why I'm lonely?

I've had depression since around the 4th grade due to an inappropriate childhood experience, I've had anxiety too. It has gotten worse over the years and I'm in 12th grade. My self-esteem has always been low and I've lost the motivation to do things. I hide my depression so well from my friends, but my mom says everyone can see right through it. And sometimes random people at school will come up to me and ask me "what's wrong?" and I wasn't acting sad or anything. Maybe it's my lack of self-confidence. My social anxiety has made everything worse. and I'm really shy. It seems childish for my age but I'm sick of being disappointed. I can seem negative to the people I'm close with and it seems like something I can't control considering the fact that I view the world as a sad dying place. I'm also lonely. Guys look at me but don't approach me. I've been told that I'm pretty, but I seem unapproachable and stuck-up. IS this all why I've never dated or been asked out? Can people see right through me?

What Guys Said 3

• people only see what you show them so if you portray weakness, loneliness, depression or that your not good enough people see that

• in my opinion what is happening dating-wise, is that guy notice your negative vibes, although they think you're cute.

• People can see through it my advice is therapy for whatever happened as a kid and a good aitidepressent /aintiexiaity drug should help a lot

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, someone who is not confident can be seen from far away. U should date someone into thinking "if I have a boyfriend then I would feel better" as if u are relying on him in order for u to feel better. But there will always be a guy that will date u.

I just don't think no one should base a relationship only because one is lonely or insecure about themselves because who ever u end up with is just an object that momentary fix ur feelings and is kinda like not faithful, loyal and honest since ur using him/her for ur own needs

• Awwww thats really sad lollz