Why do pets like to sleep on owners bed?

Why do pets, mainly cats and dogs like to sleep on their owners beds?

Is it to protect the owner? Or comfortable? Or something else?

What Girls Said 6

• It's warm and comfortable, smells like the owner, and it's like a level up from their own bed cause they're sleeping in the pack leader's bed.
    My dog is only allowed in my bed when I say she can sleep in it. Sometimes she begs me lol, but I don't do begging.

• 17d

How does a fucking dog beg you...

Like how do you know what she's implying...

• 17d

She talks?

What?

Like what sounds 😂😂😂

• 17d

Dog talk 😂😂 YouTube dog talk and you'll see what I mean 😂😂 it's so cute

• I think it's a comfort thing, I have two dogs - one of them is my shadow and the other is more independent. The shadow loves sleeping on the bed, I kick her off every night before I go to sleep but I wake up with her curled into my tummy. If I lock her out of the bedroom she gets really fretful and pants until she's nearly hyperventilating.
    They both have comfortable beds, off the ground with pillows and blankets, they heat up in winter and have cooling mats in the summer so I don't think it's that my bed is more comfortable but that she needs to be near me

• It's probably both because the bed is comfortable and because they get to be near their owners, making them feel more safe and secure (or they think they're making their owner safe).

• I have no idea. I think they just sleep on whatever they find comfortable

Once, I woke up to a cat sleeping beside me. It wasn't even my cat. So yeah, they sleep on whereever

• lol I had an Umbrella Cockatoo that had to sleep in the bed with me be he would scream "WAKE UP MOTHER FUCKERS" if I put him in his cage!!! Lmao!!!

To answer your question, the comfort and security allows them to sleep better... plus the warmth!!

• I think it's just warm cosy and comfortable for them.

What Guys Said 3

• Dogs are pack animals. It is their instinct to want to sleep together with members of their "pack".

• because of feminism

• I don't know, but it sure is cool to have a fuzzy animal to sleep with.