Do you enjoy volunteering?

So i spend roughly 40 hours a week volunteer does anyone else try to find time for such things?

1|0
17|10

What Girls Said 17

• Going to your girlfriends' families house doesn't count as volunteering even if you don't want to go.

0|1
    0|0
    • 18d

haha soo true but i actually volunteer helping small farmers here and helping as senior recreation centers and such =P plus i dont have a girlfriend just some women i date

• Show All
    • 18d

This must be how you pick up girlfriends... someone's daughter or grand daughter maybe. Sooooo wrong.

• 18d

haha actually thats one of the few rules i have =P Never mess with any of the people or their families outside of the volunteer work..

• Aside from Giving to my Favorite Charities, such as the Humane Society and so forth, is this What I am doing Here, Dear... Volunteering to Help others, in which I Put in long hours in Doing, Along with my other Nursing job?
    Beautiful thought and Kind Gesture you do Here, dear. I tis almost like a Full time Job that you Put a lot of Your own Heart into, Getting Rewarded for Helping Others yourself. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely, it's one of my favorite things. I volunteer in a little sister program for three girls (6, 7 and 13) in a hospice every fortnight for a few hours visiting those who have no family left and I trade doggy day care for my dogs - I'll wash and walk the foster dogs so my dogs can have a day there for free. I guess that one isn't really volunteering as I'm getting something in return though

1|0
    0|0
  • I have to volunteer for my univ in a ngo called go green.
    basically I pick up the trash for the recycling haha
    but yea if I have more time I d help.
    I already went to help out families in events with food and entertainment and painting their walls and all.
    also fundraising and stuff
    the only issue I have is lack of time

0|0
    0|0
  • i should do that again

0|1
    0|0
  • I help this park by picking up litter and removing the weeds

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I love volunteering!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep.
    I've volunteered with red cross and educational/ecological activities in Georgian organizations.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I love helping people out. I used to volunteer at an elementary school, I also taught catechism, and helped out at nursing home (very sad place tbh). I haven't been able to do much of late, but I really want to. I'm already looking into places to volunteer at and I want to do several at a time. I just wish I had more time and money though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do:) I've volunteered at many places in my life. I volunteered to babysit for parents who couldn't afford a babysitter on Sundays for 4hours. Did that for 8 years. I've moved recently, so I've decided to volunteer at the local VA here.

0|0
    0|0
    • 18d

Ah thats great! I hope you keep it up because my brothers that need the VA no doubt appreciate you doing what you do

• 18d

Thanks. Keep up the great work also!

• I do.

In summers I volunteer here in my home town.

www.memphisdailynews.com/.../24067.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! so very important to me to give back to my community in any way i can. So i volunteer every week.

0|0
    0|0
  • sounds interesting but i never did volunteering :/

0|0
    0|0
  • no I'm good

0|0
    1|0
    • 18d

haha id disagree

• Show All
    • 17d

work less? I don't even gotta go in, log in from home.. in once a week

• 17d

not better than everyone, just better than you & your homeless friends

• Sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I like what I am doing, yes

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• I volunteered once a week only for 3 weeks mind but im sure that gives me anough good feelings etc for a life time.
    where do you volunteer?

0|1
    0|0
    • 18d

I help out with the senior recreation centers here in korea. I do stuff like help them make kimchi or if they have some fundraisers and stuff i assist with the planning and then the actual operation. I also help with supplying food for the low income child care centers throughout my region

• Show All
    • 18d

Insanely early retirement?

• 18d

haha i still work some but ya i dont work nearly as much as i once did

• I did in high school.

0|1
    0|0
  • I volunteered 10 hours per week after high school. Really helped get my career started.

0|0
    0|0
  • Volunteering is an entirely useless activity that serves the one and only purpose of making capitalism seem user friendly.
    You may treat a minor part of the symptoms, but the cause is going to remain there forever. It's like trying to stop a meteorite with a flyswatter.
    People are poor, because the system demands poor people. Fix that, and you'll fix people being poor. Not by giving them food for a day or two.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it here and there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup I volunteer every so often.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes it can be fun at times.

0|0
    0|0
  • never done that before so dont know