Which Had Better Comedy Movies The 1980s Or 1990s?

I personally go for the 1980s in my opinion still love the 90s though (:

What Girls Said 1

• I liked the 90s

What Guys Said 5

• What a tough call. I'm finding comedy to get better with time, not necessarily in quantity, but quality. Like there are WAY fewer funny movies coming out the last 10-12, but the ones that are really good are all time classics, and they bring a level of vulgar humor that just reaches me (Superbad is a very good example). In 1986 or even 1996, that level hadn't really been breached a whole lot, save for a couple exceptions. I think American Pie was the one that really started to take it a step farther, or maybe some early Farrelly Brothers movies, like Kingpin. I think all the stuff from the 90s and on relates to me the most, generationally. Unless it was centered around kids, the movies of the 80s were aimed at an audience older than me, with different experiences, different senses of humor. Like I'll hear an older guy tell me some line from an 80s movie is his favorite line ever, and in my mind I'm like "ok, that's definitely funny, but there's been waaayyyyy funnier shit that pushed the envelope even further that came out after it." Just a matter of perspective I guess.

All that said, it's hard for me to really pick, haha. I guess I'll say 90s just because it goes along with that whole diatribe I just wrote, haha. But anything dealing 80s vs 90s movies is such a tough question, so much great stuff was put out in those two decades👍👍

• I saw more movies in the 1980's so I don't think I have an objective basis for answering the question.

• hmmm. probably the 80s. they had better comedies but i think the 90s had more solid comedies

• 80's, but 90's are the close second :)

• 80s for me