What Are Your Thoughts On A Guy Giving His Girlfriend A Present On The First Date?

Some people say they don't like that but I don't know why though

Most Helpful Girl

• First date when you've become boyfriend or girlfriend or first date to get to know each other? Also depeneds on the present.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am now in a committed relationship but if I re-enter the dating war at some point in the future, I will bring a single yellow rose to a lady on a first date. It is an inexpensive gift, so it avoids the appearance that you are desperate and trying to buy her favor, or that you are giving her something of value so that she will feel obligated to return the favor in some way. A yellow rose symbolizes friendship and that should be the optimistic hope that you hold when you meet a girl for your first date.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 10

• It's a kind gesture and I'd appreciate it. Although I'd feel guilty accepting it in case I didn't want to see him again. The date might not go well , so no one should give anything on a first date.

• If it's the first date, she's not his girlfriend...

• If they say wanna be my boyfriend/girlfriend then yes they are

• Ok well if this is someone you're close enough with to call "girlfriend" shouldn't you know her well enough to know if that is something she would like or not?

• I'm not asking this about me this is a general question lol (:

• Girlfriend implies not first date. If true first date, sweet if it's simple, thoughtful, interesting. Basic flowers work for some, box of chocolates, those are basic bitch though, so being creative to leave a lasting first impression, and up the stakes, assure you are more than interested in dating her. Go for it! But just like a bet, the risk is zero yield returns, so be prepared if she's not all in not to get too deflated. Dating is a risk taking endeavor emotionally, mentally, and physically /putting ones self out there just is.

• Actually their are some relationships when they ask would you like to be my boyfriend/girlfriend before the date

• I wouldn't like it. I will think he is trying to hard to win me over. But maybe thats because Im not us to a man giving me a gift on the first date. Gifts are usually given by someone who I have been in a relationship with or someone who I have known a long time. Not just someone who Im just meeting on the first date.

• nothing more than roses

• Noo don't do it.
    Flowers are enough !
    A very important gift might scare her. Like she might feel tied down or as if she owes you something. It can make her feel uncomfortable.

• Sweet

• I think its sweet like flowers or somethin

• Its a sweet gesture

• That's just creepy weird behaviour from either sex. It would be a red flag to me and I'd run

• I hope this is a joke

• Look I never said I did this on a first date but I'm just asking its that bad to do for someone it can actually start a conversation like if its Roses she might say these are really pretty and the guy could say not as pretty as you

• lol haha ok that's all cute and all and if it makes you feel good then go for it. To me its just a bit cheesy. I guess some girls might like that, we're all different.

What Guys Said 10

• I've never done it and am not really in favor of it. it reeks of sexism, that we are expecting something of one gender but not the other.

but if a guy wants to do it that's up to him

• Not on the first date unless you have known each other well before. By the 3rd date a gift is a very nice gesture.

• Never did that before , probably wouldn't unless I knew her for a while before actually going on a date

• Ehh I wouldn't do more then flowers to be honest anything more would freak her out.

• A bit too forward. Wouldn't even call her a girl friend on the first date... moving way too fast.

• If there is some special connection, yes, it's a move i would maybe do also.

• Loser.

• Its needy and weak as fuck

• Please explain

• Dude for one thing I'm not talking about me I'm talking about Guys in general

• I got that, I didn't mean you as in YOU, I just used it as an example

• That's a nice thing to do nothing wrong with that

• Whipped day1. Unless in the box was his penis.