My friends thinks he's ugly?

I really like this guy but my friends thinks he's really ugly, I don't think he's ugly (only his nails but that's because I fucking hate when people bite their nails) and they say I can do a lot better than him but to me he's so beautiful. But for some reason even tho I know they shouldn't, my friends opinions is bothering me and actually getting to me. How to not care about what they think?

What Guys Said 8

• They aren't the ones that have to talk to him or date him so their opinions are kind of irrelevant. As friends they should care more about what you think than what they think on your behalf.

Think of this from his point of view, how would he feel if he knew that the you rejected him purely because your friends think he's ugly? Don't be that person. Be yourself and be bold enough to make your own decisions about what you like. Your friends will likely do the same when they like someone that you don't like.

• You should never see him through others. It's your view not theirs. You're the one who's gonna spend your time with him not them so if you're comfortable with him, that's the most important thing. He's not ugly, your friends could just be jealous or merely assholes really. You know that he's beautiful to you that's what's important. Don't make people's judgment affect yours.

• they don't have to date, talk to or be with him. only you. so only your opinion of him matters.

• Get him : ))
    Doess he like you? Go for it.

• Why does it matter what your friends think?

• Wheres a pic?

• Just put your foot down and make it clear

• its your opinion that matters.. doesn't matter what they say. see him through your own eyes, not the eyes of your friends

What Girls Said 6

• Simply ignore them. They're not being real friends to you. And it just goes to show you that they are very superficial. Why would you want to be friends who only think about looks? They're very immature. If you like him for your reasons, then you like him. Just stop caring. And this situation should be one of them. So unless they have other valid reasons why you shouldn't like this guy, just leave them alone. Your opinion is the only thing that truly matters.

• Ya like him gal? has he shown interest? great... ask him out your friends should be supportive and not be so judgmental.

• No one is perfect say to them" friends dont do this, i would stick by you whoever your crush is not make you feel horrible"
    its the inside that counts, the best looking people make you smile laugh and keep you happy! Do what makes you happy!

• Refusing to follow your true feelings for the sake of others is regrettable in the long run. Do they want to protect your reputation because he's ugly? It doesn't matter either way, holding in true feelings is as I said pretty regrettable..

• When they say you can do better, are they speaking about him as a person, and his personality, attitude, behavior ( consider what they say)... or like he's an object and doesn't meet their aesthetic standards? ( If just their physical preference, then dgaf what they think, your friend is being shallow and cock blocking you)

• tell them to shu tup and don't care what they say