Are you afraid of death?

I'm not,
Mostly because after a couple of paranormal encounters I'm pretty sure its not the end.
Also

23d And not this isn't an indication of being suicidal. I'm feeling better.
Rather hungry but thats because I there is nothing in the house for lunch and I have to go to the store tonight

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I died and came back to life. After my experience leaving my body and returning my perspectives on a whole lot altered. Globally, humanities long game picture, super strong sense of duty and ownership of our home planet, and massively less energy and interest for negative people who aren't worth my time... I also feel differently about a lot of nuanced and subtle things. Perspective of experience is invaluable! Not to say i do not fear injury, I do, or have lost some sense of self preservation, just after that point I am no longer as apprehensive and afraid of the unknown. I don't care who puts their faith in a higher power, the logic of difinitively knowing vs subjective faith of believing, are two very different things for any modern cognizant person. People do confuse being a death seeker with no fear of death, not the same. Adrenaline junkies can be actively suicidal with out suicidal ideation. ( Idealizing suicide) vs flipping death the bird.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why is there no cowbell?

What Girls Said 17

• Oh God yes, I sometimes even lie awake at night stressing about it, or even cry myself to sleep thinking about. I'm paranormal investigator who knows ghosts exist, but I'm also a pagan who believes in reincarnation with vivid memories of past lives, so I have no idea why death bothers me so much!

• Yes and No.
    I'm just scared of dying in a moment in which I'm not spiritually and religiously serene/ fulfilled... And dying before experiencing many things like, love, marriage, having a family of my own , etc...

• No. I know it's the end. I welcome the end. I welcome nothing. I take comfort in nothing. I don't want to die and continue to exist. I want to be extinguished.

• No, I am not.

There is a sentence I like a lot of the Mexican Special Forces motto:

"... even death cannot stop us, and if she takes us by surprise, it's more than welcome."

• Yeah.

• No, I'm not. I like that song too, by the way.

• I have known Idea not sure I'm alive to start

• No, because I'm the Deathbringer.

• Not so much death as how I will wind up that way.

• Not really, don't wanna go yet tho

• I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of going to hell

• I'm not gonna lie, I actually am.

• Nope.

• Yes, it is a big fear of mine.

• I'm very afraid.

• I wasn't. I always didn't like the thought because of my parents and siblings, and was worried about funeral costs etc.
    Now I've had a kid I'm totally petrified of it. I don't want to die and leave my kids heartbroken, or as younger adults/kids without a mother, or anything else. It makes me so scared now.

• Not of mine, but I'm scared of losing my loved ones. I'm scared of suffering far more. But I don't fear death for the opposite reason to your reason not to: I don't think there's anything after except for everything that you are re-dispersing into the rest of the universe. I think your human experience and consciousness ends with death. And I'd be far more scared if I thought there were an afterlife. Especially anything to do with ghosts or spirits; I've always thought the idea of being a ghost is far more terrifying than seeing one, or anything a ghost you encountered could do to you.

Also hi Waffles <3 . I hope you're feeling a little better and this question isn't an indication that you're really not..
    <3

• 23d

No, I'm doing better.
      Hey I'd like to follow you if I don't already

What Guys Said 24

• I fear dying. I don't fear death. I crave death, but am terrified of dying. I've been close a handful of times or more. One experience I had scarred me badly. Never cared about dying before. I took risks without concern for damage to myself, even enjoyed the damage.

Then, I felt transcendental fear and pain. Fear and pain that exceed the notions to become something entirely different. Multiple times. Turns out, there is always another level of pain. Another time, I felt it again. But, that time, even though I could do nothing but wish for death through the suffering, and the pain was my entire existence--the whole of my world--and all I could do was beg for it to stop, when it was over, it felt like nothing had happened. Like, I could have died, and it wouldn't have been that bad. It felt like being set on fire. Literally.

Also, I love that song.

And it's okay. So long as you don't actively plan anything, listening to depressing music can be an outlet. Of course, it can also feed the fire and influence you negatively. Best to counteract it with uplifting or calming music, too.

As for paranormal encounters. I've been in a coma for two weeks before. It was just nothingness. And having been near death multiple other times, I experienced nothing.

• No. I reflect on it fairly regularly. Plus, I pray the Rosary every day. The last line of the Ave Maria (Hail Mary) is "... ora pro Novus peccatoribus, nunc et in hora mortis nostrae", "... pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death." I'm always mindful of it.

• 0|1
  • Not at all. Why am I gonna be afraid about something that will have an effect on me I won't notice? It's not like pain that you will have to suffer and endure. When you die... you die. You don't feel death... cause you're dead.

• I'm not afraid of death, more so the way in which it happens.

The thought of being here no longer dosent really bother me, but. I just would want it to be painless.

• I don't really fear it much. What I really fear is dying and regretting how I lived my life. Death in of itself doesn't really bother me the way it used to.

• No I'm not afraid of death I know what awaits me but I do have things that I want to do and accomplish before it takes me so while I'm not afraid to die, I'm not ready for death yet.

• Yeah

• like, generally no... but if I suddenly would be in a situation where I might die... yeah I would be afraid

• Can't reliably say so until I'm in the situation myself. It's like when people say they're incredibly nice because they think they are.

• Well I fear it will hurt. But I'm sure once I die the afterlife should treat me well. I'm more scared of leaving things behind. Also one of my fav songs

• Nope, death is something that happens to all and comes sooner or later, it's something you can't escape so why be scared of it.

• I don't care about dying so long as it is quick and painless.

• When I'm on an airplane

• After i am done making a mess in the living world, The Death is gonna be afraid of me.

• I love thay song , uhmm no I am not scared of death it only brings you closer to god

• I used to be. But with the way the world is becoming, I'm rather looking forward to it.

• Yes because I'm still young and I want to get married and have kids one day.

• definitely not...

• Yeah because if I wasn't I wouldn't be alive right now.

• No, if its my time then I accept it.

• Nope.

• No not scared of death, afraid of what's after.

• Yes, I like life, and I have no idea if anything happens after death