Do you agree to revoke Electoral Votes?

Should voting system rely only on popular votes?

16d I didn't voted Hillary by the way... not now, not in a million years... hell no
Just curious

What Girls Said 10

• If we got rid of the electoral college... you know who would pick your president?

New York
    Detroit
    California
    Dallas

Now, last time I checked, the US is made of of more than just New York, Detroit, California, and Dallas.

• Not at all.
    That would mean only the people who live in highly populated cities would pick the president. Pretty unfair to the rest of the country.

• 16d

@rgb008
      That would mean only the people who live in sparsely populated towns do pick the president. Pretty unfair to the people who live in highly populated cities.

• 15d

@jacquesvol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_of_Belgium

Actually he is head of state. A position that you can not vote for. If the position held zero power, it would not exist. Belgium would not be a Constitutional Monarchy, and instead would be a Constitutional Republic. Like I said, you have even less say in your government and the E. U then we do in ours. Go focus on your own country, and it's three linguistic electoral colleges. When Belgium and the E. U are more democratic, then you can come critic our country. Until that day, you don't have a leg to stand on.

• 15d

critique*

• I'm not sure. There are pros and cons, and I can understand both sides.

Pro EC:
    It directs more power to the states.

Con EC:
    Small states and swing states get more power.

• I don't think so. I support The electoral voting system

• Do you understand what the 12th Amendment is and why we have it bro?

• Yes...

• Will you follow me?

• YES!! I should be the citizens decision.

• Yes, it should be what the people want, going by the old rules is contradictive to the type of government we have because that's the type of government we have (what the people choose). The electoral collage rules were made so long ago based on the population and how the world was back then. It needs to be changed.

What Guys Said 19

• No I don't agree. I very strongly favor the electoral college.

Also it will NOT happen, so the entire debate is moot. Changing it would require a restructuring of the entire country, and a Constitutional amendment. That is not going to happen, so talking about it is nothing more than a philosophical exercise.

I think people who are against it don't understand how it works, and more importantly why it exists and what it accomplishes. But again, it's all moot because it's not going to happen.

• No. If that happens, then only a few states would matter, the rest of the states (like 45) wouldn't have a voice at all.
    Plus, they said 3 million illegals voted on the election. That's a huge number, and even if it wasn't true, there's still illegals who vote, even Obama encouraged them to vote. Non-citizens shouldn't be allowed to vote, cause this is not their country.

So no, only relying on popular votes would be unfair.

• No, we're a Republic not a pure democracy. We don't wanna end up with the Left Coast and other centers of liberalism setting policy simply because their proximity accommodates their reinforcement of one another's fantasies!

• 16d

@palek "not a pure democracy"
      "We don't wanna end up with the Left Coast and other centers of liberalism setting policy"
      That's admitting it's a way to rig the elections against Liberals.

• 16d

It admits only that we've opened our borders to a great number of left-leaning immigrants who thankfully choose to congregate together geographically rather than assimilate. Orinslly only land owners were allowed to vote because the founders understood that those without land would simply pass laws to take it away from others. Globalist shave the same mentality, don't you?

• That won't solve the problems America is currently facing. Look at brexit. It won the popular vote and yet people don't like or accept the result.

Your system is in place for a reason, good or bad, but right now it's just being used as an excuse for the losing side to complain. If trump had won the popular vote and not got in it would be the other side reacting.

The thing is America isn't one country the way most of us thing of it. It's many states - and they vote for the leader.

• Shouldn't go but could be adjusted. Otherwise no one would care about other 45 states. Let's just all make a monkey fest out the highest populated states

• No. Because we do not want ten large cities deciding the election for the rest of the country. That makes states little more than colonies who cannot vote to protect their own interest

• 16d

Do you consider that the votes of people living in large cities are worth less than the votes of people in small towns?
      Or do you consider that the electoral college is a weapon to fight liberalism?

• 15d

@Theodorable Belgium has an unelected monarch as head of state. Their E. U parliamentary elections are based on three electoral colleges, based on linguistic areas. So yeah he's just a hypocrit and a propagandist. We hold much more power over our government, then he does over his.

• 15d

@RegularTK421 I believe you. I heard a very successful and educated attorney say today that our legal system is the gem of the world. An interesting expression and worth consideration.

• The system is there to give small states a voice.

• Popular votes are the way elections are decided in most European countries.

• Maybe it should be popular vote instead of electoral, but don't think the result would have been different. I live in a blue state that always goes for the democrat. Many voters don't bother because they knee that the state will never vote for the Republican. If things changed then all of these disenfranchised voters would come out of the woodwork because now they could make a differance

• It should've been gone as soon as the internet was invented. It doesn't even make sense anymore

• Absolutely not.

• Nope.

• of course

• Agree. Fuck the coastal elites/

• i agree to get voter Id's so that no illegals can vote in the US. since they can do that now.

• 16d

@Blitzkrieger
      Undocumented immigrants are not allowed to vote in U. S. elections. Only U. S. citizens can vote.
      Since 1996, a federal law has prohibited non-citizens from voting in federal elections, punishing them by fines, imprisonment, inadmissibility, and deportation: en.wikipedia.org/.../Right_of_foreigners_to_vote_in_the_United_States
      Thus those who try incur a serious risk. I don't think they're that motivated to show up. But GOP propaganda spread a whole story about it:
      www.snopes.com/.../
      www.politifact.com/.../

• 16d

Voter IDs should be legal. In Germany every adult person carries a Personalausweiss in his wallet. In France it's the Carte d'identité nationale, in Belgium too. It's used for about everything except withdrawals at an ATM. Even my library card and some guarantees are encoded in its chip. It's used to vote too. Hotels ask it when I book a room. My social security uses it. And If I file a tax declaration on line, I put it in a card reader.
      Theaters ask it when a person looks young for an R-rated movie.
      When will the US adopt a similar system?

• 16d

@jacquesvol i have no idea, they are kind of behind on this.

• None of you would be saying this if Hillary had won. Pathetic.

• 15d

I don't agree to this, actually. And it doesn't even seem feasible after looking more into it.

• Deez Nuts 2020
    We can do it guys
    Abolish the electorate

• I couldn't see them ever getting rid of the electoral college , did you know there is 10 million people in Los Angeles county , that is more than the states of ( North Dakota , South Dakota , Idaho , Wyoming , Iowa , Nebraska and Montana ) combined , do you really think those smaller states are going to give away what limited power they have to influence a presidential election and give it all to a few large cities?

• Yes, they need to go by the popular vote. Do away with the Electoral College Votes