Is it normal to get low self-esteem if you realize you don't matter to anyone?

lol people don't even remember me.

I am invisible.

17d How do I get over this phase? Really though

What Guys Said 16

• It's quite understandable to have low self esteem if you feel you don't matter to anyone. However, it's kind of unlikely you don't matter to *anyone*. You matter very much to friends, family, and coworkers.

On the other hand, if you are alienated from your family, or have no friends, or are unemployed, then you have to start taking steps to remedy those situations.

Even if right now you feel you don't matter to anyone, then consider this. At some time in the future, you will meet someone who you will influence. It could be a friend, or a lover, or your future family. You will be of utmost importance to them. So, you've got to find a way to navigate the feelings of low self esteem until at last you meet those people. :)

So what are you doing in life right now?

• Yes, it's normal to have low self esteem when we don't feel like we exist.
    I been battling this situation for quite sometime and i wish there was a
    tunnel with a bright light that would open up for me. I know how you feel
    it sucks to feel like your in world all of your own i been there and still that
    is why i think certain sicknesses hit me cause it's stress related.

• You need to meet people like yourself who are not actively making waves but who still desire attention just like you.

Volunteer for a cause that you identify with in order to meet people like yourself and make friends. This can be a church, a club, a band, or even just handing out soup on Fridays. The point is to do things together with other people for free in your spare time.

• The best advice I can give you is to don't give a fuck about other people. You should be visible to yourself only and work hard every day to become better then you were yesterday, and you will be surprised how people will follow you as a magnet. If you think about others all the time, you give power to them, if you love and respect yourself you will be visible and important to others too. As one of my favorite philosophers said
    "mastering others is strength. mastering yourself is true power." - Lao Tzu

• I highly doubt that. You make an impression on people you meet. You may not realize it, but you never really know *which* impression matters. It could be more than one. But I do believe you are remembered by more people than you think.

• 17d

Ha ha I remember being 'bullied' by this guy. I asked him about it and realized he had absolutely no clue what I was talking about.

It wasn't the frist time. I had gone for this trip thing and the person who was in my opinion acting a bit rude didn't even remember I was on the trip.

I realized I'm just not important toa nyone period

• 17d

Ha ha no I meant it sort of in a rhetorical question way, "How do I know who will love me years from now?"

The reality is, there could be a guy who I will meet in time and he will love me very much. Maybe not today but certainly tomorrow and the future holds possibility.

I should focus on that.

As shitty as the present is, doesn't mean my 30s for example will be a complete waste.

• 17d

Lol, absolutely not. You'll find your man. Just trust and wait, do what you normally do, and he'll come. Maybe not in the way you expect, and maybe not a shining knight on horseback, but he'll be there someday.

• Yes, it's realistically normal to feel worthless if you find out that you have no value.

But saying "people don't remember me" is not realistically normal to say. Memory is typically based on the other persons' brain. Not how unique you look. You are verbally desgrading yourself by saying that no one remembers you because there is nothing good about you.

Also, get a lime green 5ft mohawk. Everyone will remember you:)

• 17d

I think I'm pretty enough for people to remember me. I'm just not memorable as a person.

• 17d

Is that weird though? Like will he think it's odd or normal.

I don't want to date him. Just befriend him

• 17d

He won't think it's weird.

He will probably think you do have a little bit of a thing for him though.

• If i don't matter than i can do whatever i fckin want.

• It's understandable but it's not wisheable. Energy (for men at least, I believe) we should always find in our inner selves at first.

• 17d

I think the real problem is I'm unemployed and that depresses me

• I also have but it got to me when i was younger.
    It's understandable though.
    I don't know where it have been with you but i have lost friend just because of moving and i have one friend now. You can add the fact that i don't have a girlfriend for like 13 years so...
    What happened to you why you came to this feelings?

• You just haven't met the right someone yet. And, of course it's normal to feel down when you're not getting the right feedback. I'm sure you're wonderful. Try acting more confident. Confidence is attractive. Maybe you'll break the circle you've found yourself in. Best wishes.

• 17d

I used to be confident. But everyone I interacted with was strangers. The problem is that I didn't know that's the way they looked at me

• Lol, today someone told me they could see me going to be a school shooter. He stole my mom's gnome once, I'd kill him first lol. It's fun to weird people out, that's my job. And that's how you have a low self esteem and still be remembered

• You see this is where you're wrong... You matter to many people.
    Chin up butter cup ^^

• 17d

Doubt I matter to anyone truly.

• 17d

No friends.

No boyfriend, not even a crush.

My parents, I suspected now I'm almost sure didn't want me. I think they wanted a son but my gender turned out to be a girl when they had a second child.

I think my father despite being a dumbass person accepted me at least as a child. My mother has secretly not really wanted me since the time we were children. I just never realized it until I was an adult.

Some of the stuff she's said to me, "Sometimes I feel as though I became a mother and why did I do that? (as in she felt regret.)

At another time I told her I'd cut off ties after a trip (I was 20) she said yeah that's fine, just don't make a scene here. I realized she's actually more concerned about what random people think of her and doesn't give a shit about whether or not I stay.

• 17d

I feel that you're over thinking... You'll find a boyfriend someone to love. EVERYBODY deserves love and there's millions out there who are inevitably going to give it you.

• Yes. I guess that's one path.

• Candy and porn?

• Yes, it would be normal, but you probably do matter to friends and family

• I felt like I did not matter to anyone too

What Girls Said 7

• You should not think this about yourself! Please, try to see that YOU are important. You exist, so you do matter! You have to see yourself as an important person. You have to love and respect yourself more and others will respect you too. You are not invisible haha (sometimes we wish we were invisible, don't we? ). Read more about confidence boosting and also mind those advices you will read about. It will help you, I promise. That helped me too ;) Good luck! And remember that you are unique and special.

• No matter how often society tries to convince us independence is a good thing, our emotions prove otherwise. We are relational creatures. We need the love and support of others. When I went through a similar situation, I threw myself into social situations. Hanging out where other people were. Initiating conversations. Joining a bunch of groups. Things aren't perfect and I go through episodes where I feel worthless. But people have started to look at me at least. Seeing will come later.

• Yes it can happen. Its in everyone nature to want to feel attractive and feel wanted. But if your suffering from low self esteem try not to dwell on how others may see you. I suffered from low self esteem all my life. Others can make you feel this way about yourself but you can not let them bring you down. What helped me is to stop caring and just do the things that you want to do and go to the places that you would like to go.

• Yes..

• I'm pretty sure that you matter to some people. Maybe you just don't realize it, but I know for a fact that there are people who remember you 😊 You most definitely aren't invisible, even though you might feel like you are at times. People can be mean and some will try to bring you down but keep your head held high and always remember that you're an amazing woman 😊

• Yeah. I hope you feel better

• Of course. That's probably the main reason for low self esteem.