Is Jesus God? What Does The Bible Say?

The Bible Says: "No!"

The following statement from the Bible is clear evident that Jesus was a man.

"Men of Israel, 'listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited to you by God with miracles, wonders and signs which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know" Acts 2:22.

Jesus' favorite designation, in referring to Himself, was the "Son of Man." The Gospels record many times that Jesus used this title the Son of Man for Himself.

For example, when He asked His disciples the question about His identity, He said, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?" Matthew 16:13

From above verses we understand that Jesus was a man and the son of man.

The following statement from the Bible supports that Jesus is not God. it says that God is not a man neither son of man.

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent." Numbers 23:19

Now my question is if Jesus was a man and the son of man and God is not a man neither the son of man. How could Jesus be God?

22d None of the Bibles' Writers Believed That Jesus is God

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a33001-is-jesus-god-the-bible-says-no-part-1
21d Is Jesus God? The Bible Says, "No!" Part 2

Evidence from the Acts of the Apostles

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a33052-is-jesus-god-the-bible-says-no-part-2

What Girls Said 6

• You're getting this very confused. Jesus was a hyperbolist. He says that he is the Father, the son and the spirit [the Holy Spirit], where the Trinity came from.

You can't just take pieces of scripture and not read the whole Bible. This is how you get yourself confused. Read further in Matthew 16:14-17.

14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

In the last few passages, Simon has acknowledged that Jesus IS the son of God. While other people at the time have mistaken him as being only a man who can create miracles. Which is false. That is because carnal minded people cannot understand spiritual things.

• 22d

Update:

You need to pick up a Bible, ask humbly to God to reveal the truth trough his word, or continue reading the Bible and be in ignorance.

"Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth." John 9:31

• 22d

34Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ’d? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

Keep believing what you want to believe. Your carnal minded.

• 21d

did Jesus say "I am God" or "Worship me"?

• Jesus manifested himself into a man, named jesus.
    For, in the last book of the Bible (revelations), God is referred to as "i" command, "he". (Not referring to they *seperate gods)
    The 2016 release's "gods not dead 2" and others, I feel like expained it nice

• 21d

• 21d

there is no a single unequivocal statement in the entire Bible where Jesus (pbuh) himself says, "I am God" or where he says, "worship me"?

In fact the Bible contains statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in which he preached quite the contrary. The following statements in the Bible are attributed to Jesus Christ (pbuh):

"My Father is greater than I." The Bible, John 14:28

but if you say It was God, who did the miracles through Jesus, to convince people that Jesus was backed by God.

I agree with you and the bible agrees with you as well as the Quran.

• Jesus is my cousin.

• Pet Peeve- there never was a guy named Jesus. However, there was this dude named Joshua... :)

• Yes, he is God.
    God the father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

• 22d

@Somalia
      There you go. Enjoy! :)
      Exodus 3:13
      And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM:

john 8:57
      Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM 59Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by

HE IS CLAIMING TO BE GOD HE DOES IT SEVERAL TIMES THAT WHY THEY ARE THROWING STONES AT HIM

• 21d

I give up. Stop making things up. Goodness.

• take your dawah somewhere else
    people will believe what they want to believe

• 22d

I think it's okay for her to ask this question. If it doesn't interest you, don't look at it?

What Guys Said 10

• Of course Christ would call himself the son of man because when he was on earth he was the son of a human just like everyone else. Unless you can tell me the significance of that saying, 'son of man, you can't use it as a valid reason that Christ isn't god. why was Christ being called that, what made it apply to him and not everyone else? If you look Ezekiel was called son of man too. So just because that Jesus moniker was son of man doesn't automatically mean he isn't a God. Plus you act as if Jesus couldn't be God who came in the form of man which fulfills both acts of being man and a God. Plus the numbers Scripture you quoted is taken out of context. Not that it matters cause Imma just hit you with one chapter if you dont want to read all this.

John 1:1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth

So clearly the word, which is God as stated in the first scripture, was made into flesh aka man. The word is God, God made into man. Simple

• 22d

I challenge you to show me a single unequivocal statement in the entire Bible where Jesus (pbuh) himself says, "I am God" or where he says, "worship me"?

(i) "My Father is greater than I." The Bible, John 14:28

• 22d

Jesus didn't come to preach about himself so you won't hear that, he came in his father's name. The fact that Jesus only spoke of the father and there being no one greater confirms this. There is multiple sections in the old testaments where it refers to a person higher than the god that dealt with Israel. You won't see this dichotomy in the new testament because Jesus is the God that was in the old testament, and there is more focus on the Father which wasn't preached until Christ. Another reason you won't find everything you want explicitly stated in the scriptures is that it wasn't made for people to understand just by reading it straightforwardly. People are supposed to look at the bible and be like "this doesn't make any sense".

• 21d

Jesus was a servant of God. the bible says: "God raised up his servant," Where the title servant refers to Jesus (Acts 3:26). This is clear from a previous passage where the bible declared: "The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus" (Acts 3:13).

Peter must have known that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob never spoke of a Triune God. They always spoke of Jehovah (Yahweh) as the only God. Here, as in Matthew ch. 12: 18-20, Jesus is the Servant of Yahweh. Matthew tells us that Jesus was the same servant of Yahweh spoken of in Isaiah 42: 1. If Matthew, and Peter are right, then Jesus is not Yahweh, but Yahweh's servant. This proves that Jesus is not God.

please read the takes I have posted and wait for more.

• What more proof do you need more the scriptures say it all. Only few churches dosn't believe that Jesus is God and all of them who don't are cults and falls churches. Because the first christians in Council Nicea agreed that all believe the same thing. So who doesn't is heretic.
    “I and the Father are one.” 31 The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?” 33 The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.” John 10:30-33 NASB

“Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?” 36 He answered and said, “And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?” 37 Jesus said to him, “You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you.” 38 And he said, “Lord, I believe.” And he worshiped Him.” John 9:35-38 NASB

“For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form.” Colossians 2:9 NASB

“Jesus said to them, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.'” John 8:58 NASB

“Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” John 20:28 NASB

Matthew 1:23 - “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Revelation 1:17-18; Revelation 2:8 - (Jesus is the First and the Last)

John 8:24 - “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM [He], you will die in your sins.”

John 8:58 - Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

• The Quran is the christian extention, so according to the most followed most modern religion, that would be Allah as the real god

• 21d

first of all you should know that Islam is the only non-Christian faith, which makes it an article of faith to believe in Jesus (pbuh). No Muslim is a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus (pbuh).

Jesus never claimed divinity in fact he said "My Father is greater than I." The Bible, John 14:28 and he never said "worship me" or 'I am god'

it is the Christians who say he claimed divinity but the bible says 'Jesus is not god.'

please read the myTakes I have shared on this topic. links are provided in the above update.

• 20d

That's exactly what I was saying lol - good to know

But is that information correct, it came from Muhammed but how do we know it's true.. maybe he made it up to separate his peoppe from the rest and undermine christianity. Possible?

• 20d

you said, "That's exactly what I was saying lol - good to know"
      I am wondering why you are asking if it is correct.

I did not mention a single word from Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), everything I shared with you so far is from the bible however christians don't follow their book.

did he made it up?

history has never reported a single lie from prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) even before he become a prophet he never lied nor cheated. his name was Amin, meaning "Trustworthy"

and the coming of prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was prophesied in the bible both in the new testament and the old testament and also in other religious scripture like Hinduism.

whether you accept or not it is not going to change the fact that prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was a messenger of Allah just like Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob...

Please I suggest you to learn more about him criticise him.

• Jesus is wine and his body is bread we are all cannibals and love eating human Jesus please charge us with first turd degree or I mean first degree murder.

• I don't care about what the Bible says. Jesus is NOT God. Only Christians/pagans think he's God... He was a prophet.

• God worked through him, simply put.

• 21d

does that mean He is God?

• 21d

the bible says

It was God, therefore, who did the miracles through Jesus, to convince people that Jesus was backed by God.

and I agree with that

• 21d

^^ Refer to this man here

• I'm pretty sure Yahweh is the real god. Jesus is the god for Christian

• 22d

exactly None of the Bibles' Writers Believed That Jesus is God

• 21d

please read the takes I have posted in the above update and wait for more.

• 21d

What about Elohim?

• If i wanted to be educated on the bible then i go to church and ask the pastor.

• Why would someone believe that Jesus is god?

Or believe anyone to actually be god just because they claim that they are god?

• 21d

Jesus never claimed divinity.

in fact he never said "worship me" or 'I am god'

please read the Takes I have shared on this topic.