When you think of a 24 year old do you think of a mature adult?

Where do you believe they should be i their life? Adult wise. Job wise. Money wise.

Just curious,

What Guys Said 25

• At 24 I was done school, graduated college and career started. I still lived at home and wasn't fully established yet, so I was close, but not 100% mature adult. Once I was on my own for a while and paying all my bills myself, I would say I was 100% mature adult. This was minimum 26.

• Noobs in the adult world.

I think a 24 year old should be financially independent and living on their own. Or be well on their way at the very least. Ideally they should be saving some money by then. Personally I don't consider their job all that important, as long as they are independent and moving forward. If they were a partier, they need to be getting past that real soon.

• They are a young adult
    Should be either 2 years into their career in her studied field OR doing a PhD/masters. Most graduates start at $50k per year so they should be on $55k assuming a normal pay rise amount. They should also be catching the attention of bosses and be seriously considered for a promotion at that point, knocking on the door of 'team leader' positions.

Ideally, they would have a long term partner and the combined income would allow them to buy a good place that will only rise in value (good investment). However they should be well on their way to saving for a deposit.

They might have travelled a little to experience the world, although frugally since they are not exactly 'rich' yet.

Only people with the right work ethic ever attain all that though.

• Age has nothing to do with maturity, experience does. As for money, it shouldn't really matter as long as you're happy. That's the one thing that society's standards tend to over look. Society expects a 24 year old to at least have a bachelor's degree, going into the beginning of their career or masters. But you look at those people that actually do it and tell me if they're happy or not. Expectations drain the life and ambitions we had as kids.

So if you ask me, I would have to say no, I don't see a fully matured adult. Maturity should be used more as a tool to further yourself. Show certain levels of maturity when you're with certain people. No one is gonna go into a big business meeting and talk about Pokémon cards and at the same time, no one is gonna go to a party and talk about the logistics of industrial power plants. It's about composure.

• Not these days. Kids grow up too protected, the parents are enablers. If they get in trouble Mommy and Daddy get them out of it.

So even at 24, most people are still kids many times. Of course, not always!

• At 24 I was bouncing between jobs, had my own place and car. But to be honest, what makes an adult is in a grey area. Im 28, stable but have no friends, hard to find friends for me righrt now. And have never experienced a love life. Does that make me an adult? Or no? Its hard to say. Im a shy teddy bear of a man, Im 5'11 210 lbs and fit. Yet I have no friends, never been laid. To many Im sure Im viewed as subhuman. You know society has a general opinion of what someone should be/not be. But in the end, Its really up to us who decides who is worthy of the "Adult" title.

• 20d

Poor little guy.

• 19d

@Mrwoo99 LOL, If your referring to me never been laid, Im not too worried, women aren't mentally ready for real men in their 20's. They're simply can't handle men of my caliber. Most women anyway. If partying it up is what they want, so be it. They'll come around eventually. Not that Im too enthusiastic about picking up after their mistakes, but oh well.

• 19d

Party boys, attract party girls. If you prefer spending your old age alone, cool have fun. I prefe r too reap rewards later in life rather then wasting my youth on stupidity. #Rant

• I used to think that someone 24 should be done with college (unless they were going for a PHD), have started their career and be moving out on their own. Then I lived my own life and realized not everything goes according to plan it sure didn't for me. Now I would say you should have a solid plan and be moving forward with it.

• Each individual is different. Physically we don't become fully mature (brains) until after 25... sexually we are all viable in our teens. I know some people who have been on their own since 18 and are more mature than some 24 years I know.. depends on your life's path, experiences, and available opportunities.

• It depends. If they're from a 3rd world country or a war zone, then yeah, absolutely.

If they're from a first world country, then no.

• A 24 year old should be finally figuring out there's no such thing as safe spaces in the real world. If they have a real college degree, not something stupid like gender studies, then they might have a job.

• age doesn't define maturity.

• lol... no

• 24 years old male is a tadpole with legs... Or a frog with a tale. A man has a job andpays for his own bills... but still has a lot of shit to discover within his true nature. Of course, some men know exactly what they want and what to do when they reach high school. But that is rare.

• Fuck. No. XD

This is the greatest joke I've heard all day!

• I am 24 years old. And no, I'm a little boy. 😊

• Maturity has nothing to do with age. In a society with a good economy a 24 year old should at least have a job and views for the future.

• absolutely not. some are but most i´ve known are still not adult at all at that agen.

• I think it depends on you.. You can be what ever you want to don't listen what other people tell you how you have to be just be your self.

• I've been on my own since 19. I feel like most people around 20-25 should at least have a job, vehicle, and their own place. If you're in college you kinda get a pass for living with your folks. Just my 2 cents 👍🏻

• Where he is in his life is totaly up to him and shouldn't be judged by anybody else.

• I do, and I feel most people here in Spain do.

• Not according to the law

• Yes. Should be but unfortunately most are where I was aged 16 only they still live at home.

• I picture someone just finishing college, not yet realizing that things won't work out the way they planned.

• Hahaha I am one year older, but adult life hasn't hit me at all!

• 20d

LOL, yeah, to me, being an adult really boils down to doing what needs to be done, taking responsibility for ones self, and taking a stand for whats right. Doesn't mean we can't have lots of along the way. Whatever fun is :)

• 20d

edit *lots of fun*

What Girls Said 6

• I'm biased but when I think of a 24yo woman, I think adult.
    But to answer your follow up questions
    A 24yo should be independent (not living at home or at least making efforts to not)
    Should have an idea about what they want to do for a living and have their foot in that door. Money wise, struggling but making inroads to financial independence.

• 19d

I've met TONS of 22-30 women who outwardly act mature and what not, had stability. But still loved to act like spoiled teenagers when it came to relationships. Men are just as bad, more so sometimes. Its not until people get to their 30's that things slow down. But whatever, I've yet to meet a women near my age that has commitment in a relationship. They still live the fast paced, have fun at all costs life. So maybe both our views are biased lol

• 19d

@JesseBrooks I'm near your age and have commitment in a relationship.

• Adult - yes but maturity depends on the person. Everyone is different and maturity can be quantified in so many ways.
    I had been married, in my job for 6 years and my first home purchased by 24. But at 27 I still laugh at farts and yo momma jokes so...

• I think of an adult, but not a mature one. A lot of people who are 24 or in their early to mid 20's aren't all that mature, especially guys it seems. Maturity hits women around that age but guys it seems to take until they're like 26 or 27 to even begin being mature.

• Still figuring themselves out, party scene sometimes, thinking more about career choice and finding an apartment, not ready to settle down but open to the possibility, can be mature but still show signs of immaturity

• When I was younger I thought at that age you'd have to have at least started your career, not having a regular working job but at the initiation of your career or on the verge of beginning it, likely engaged or in a committed serious relationship and very independent.

Now that I'm older I realize more and more that the average person at that age is pretty much still at the same level as most teenagers in their late teens, just older. I see more people that age still dependent of their parents, still working regular jobs, far from the beginning of any career and searching for someone desperately to be with because they fear to stay alone before they reach 30.

I see a grown teenager starting to worry because they know they must mature into adulthood before adult age surpasses them without having accomplished much in life yet.

• not really im 25 and at 24 I was so inmature I learned the hard way through some bad experiences i had the last year and im still immature just less than at 24.