If you believe in the afterlife (heaven), do you think it would be acceptable to swear?

• You can swear
  • You aren't allowed to

Most Helpful Guy

• God gives no fucks if you say fuck. But don't use His name in vain. When I get to heaven I may want to say 'holy fuck' but before Him and all His glory I think I'll fall down speechless.

What Guys Said 8

• Swearing is a human concept, defined in languages of human invention. If a human being runs the afterlife then yes, it would make sense that swearing might be prohibited. If the afterlife is overseen by a deity then why would they object to the use of words that are not even in their consciousness (if they are indeed conscious)?

To me, it's a bit like asking if mobile phones are banned on alien spaceships. You can't ban something that you have no concept of.

• Heaven is real and no cursing and swearing is bad but we can't help ourselves sometimes and it just comes out. Best you can do is ask for forgiveness and try not to do it again or replace the words with something else.

• Fuck no btch

• You can swear and still reach heaven if otherwise your performance in this life is full on wonderful deeds.

• 15d

I mean when you're in heaven will you be able to swear. Like if you're sitting across from Jesus Christ and you just say "fuck".

Would that be ok?

• 15d

That sounds fucking boring!! Looks like I'll be sent straight to hell!

• 15d

We don't reach heaven in person. Only our soul reaches to heaven. Even if you land in hell , after many many years , your soul can reach heaven. Don't worry , you still have got a lot more years left to do good deeds here on earth before you die.

• If there's an afterlife, I don't think anything we did matters.

• Swearing is bad because we agreed it bad, if we agree that something is bad in heaven it's still gonna be bad

• Well
    If you can't swear there better not be sex in heaven

• I believe that profanity won't be remembered someplace where sin isn't existent.

What Girls Said 5

• you can swear but don't do it as a regular thing.
    As in don't lose its' meaning by using it for whatever.

I don't know how to explain it

• i dont think we are physical, or talking like in our dimension

• Duh, the fuck. Words aren't sins, I'm sure @god would be cool with it

• Don't swear

• yup sometimes