Do you think beautiful women have trouble being happy?

I know for me I always think I'm too beautiful to be miserable. This is in fact what makes me miserable.

Sometimes I am almost afraid of looking my best because if I look my best... then what?

I always question if the best way to be living my life is 'in this way' and realize that in questioning it so much I'm not even really living at all.

What Guys Said 11

• Beauty can only give you so much on its own. It will not fulfill you, it will not challenge you, it will not make you feel worthwhile, unless you are very shallow and free from ambition. You shouldn't be afraid of looking your best unless looking your best is all you have to give. If you feel that being a beautiful on the outside as you can be is the limit of your abilities then you are seriously underrating yourself. Perhaps that illustrates why you don't feel happy, because you have not yet found a way to be confident about your other qualities.

• 13d

I think I am smart. However unfortunately being 'smart' in today's world is equivalent to pursuing hardcore majors with good returns.

Even in University, I mean I almost felt... is this what I'm made to do? I realize now it's not like I got out of my major. I might as well have tried to work harder and get better grades.

I think it's also that being beautiful automatically gives me a leg-up. I'm already someone who can have a good life of relationships with people.

Which again goes back to me wondering what is the 'life' that I can live that would make me most happy? The million dollar question

• Deep.

• I think you are a guy.

• In my experience, very beautiful women always have emotional baggage of some kind or another. I actually feel sorry for women who are too pretty.

• I've heard girls say so at least a few times. I don't entirely understand why, though.

• 13d

I think a lot of it is you realize you've already been given something special. So you start to believe you're special and then wonder, what perfect way should I live my life?

It's hard to really explain.

• 13d

Even if a guy was a rocket scientist and doctor at the same time, being a super famous worldwide professional of both, he'll still have trouble understanding much about women. 😜

• 13d

:P Ha ha this made me laugh.

You know women are intrinsically very complicated and overthink etc. and guys just aren't naturally like that. So to the girl it's like, see what I mean? Makes perfect sense, right?

And to the guy it's like... what?

lol

• Welcome to the human race. Low self esteem abounds

• Sometimes. The current set of humanity is troublesome by nature.

• No. Why would they?

• 13d

Because they are always looking for something which is perfect or best-suited for them anda ctually nothing is perfect

• 13d

Let me see a pic and I'll tell you if you're beautiful or not

• 13d

I already know I am, we're not contesting that.

It's more about whether a person who is beautiful has trouble being happy.

• Why does being beautiful make you feel miserable and unhappy?
    What's the thing that causes unhappiness?
    I bet you have high standards for men and don't really meet a man who is worthy for you because you feel you are too good for any man but deep down you feel lonely and sexually frustrated being a lonely sec less woman.

• You seem very Narcissistic and that's the problem with many women these days unfortunately!

• Aweeee poor wittle babies <3

What Girls Said 10

• I think it's partially arrogance and lazy to be honest. Believing you're beautiful has the potential to make you rely on appearance for many things whereas average people feel the need and drive to push themselves to succeed as they won't get that initial special treatment/foot in the door.
    Looks can fade, and unless a "beautiful" person has still strived for 100% in everything it will be a big adjustment.
    I guess I can't understand your feelings now, being so young I'm sure your appearance is still good. In 20 years it may be harder to be happy but you can fix that by not relying on your looks now and earning what you get

• No. I think that people who put too much value in their outward appearance have trouble being happy. People whom society perceive as beautiful are unaffected by it if they do not see physical beauty as something of importance; conversely those who believe physical beauty is important feel pressured to always live up to society's belief that they are beautiful. They feel they have a "need" to always be beautiful.

What you need to consider is this... what if your "beauty" were taken away? Who would you like to be then... what would you like to be known for... what would you do? Over-analyzing whether society sees you as beautiful, "Sometimes I am almost afraid of looking my best because if I look my best... then what?" is going to run you into the ground.

Consider the quote: good looks fade, but a good heart keeps you beautiful forever.

• I don't think so. If I were beautiful I would be very happy. I would go modelling and stop stressing about studying. You are lucky to be beautiful. Enjoy that. Don't be narcissistic though. That won't make you happy.
    Beautiful people are so lucky. Smart people too, but that is another subject.

• they have troubles like anyone else

the only unique problem i can think of is that they can become too reliant on their appearance as their basis for worth. maybe that's because that's all they've been rewarded for. don't know. but if that's their foundation, it's shaky ground. finding intrinsic value is where it's at.

• I feel you

• Yes, for me people are always jealous or looking to put me down and it upsets me. I don't want to look my best in certain situations to blend in.

• That doesn't make any sense, lady.

• 13d

You don't ever know if people like *you*, or your looks. Occasionally, it is just your looks, and they get disinterested after a while.

• I think arrogant women who think they're beautiful are the ones who have trouble being happy.

• This sounds more like a crisis on confidence that the beauty you think you have doesn't actually translate into anythng you find very meaningful. I don't think that is a universal feeling among beautiful people, i think its unique to those that have come to rely solely on their physical appearance to get what they want and naturally they become dissatisfied because nothing has meaning anymore. But really, this is more about your perception of yourself and has little to do with the world around you because a lot of very beautiful people or valuable to society in very meaningful ways.

• 13d

I think it's a mix of both. A crisis in confidence and also me genuinely believing I am special (ironic because I have a lack of confidence) and not really knowing how to live my life differently from someone who I think is not special.

I wonder if that's an arrogant way to look at things.

I think it's not only the beautiful thing it's also being born 'rich' my parents have spoiled me. My mother doesn't even work.

Most people are like well the world just works that way that you have to get a job and work and just not think too much about the 'perfect' life and enjoy the here and now.

• 13d

No in my mind the fact that there is a chance I couldn't do it scares the shit out of me

• 13d

Well there's your problem. You don't try because you dont want to take the risk of a perception of failure. Has nothing to do with how you or others perceive your physical presence.

• Yes :(