Do you think it's wrong to use the terms "stupid" and "retarded" interchangeably?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like the word retarded at all

What Guys Said 4

• -----Yes-----

• ya, no reason to bring the disabled into an insult. only the lowest cowards do that

• Yeah it rather is

• Somebody somewhere will get their panties all twisted up about it... but I dont care.

What Girls Said 4

• I dont really think it is because the people i think are retarded never have disabilities. However, i never say it in public and i'l call people stupid, but i won't call them that because i dont want to inadvertently cause someone to feel insulted.

• Yes.

• No since I don't associate that with people that have a mental disability that makes them slower.

• No. Words change meaning all the time. If I call something stupid or retarded, I'm not talking or thinking about someone who was born with a mental disability. If that's what YOU think of when I call something stupid or retarded, that's your problem. Just like how gay used to mean happy. Now it's for homosexuals. So if I call something gay, I'm not comparing it to homosexuals. It's called context. Not to mention, words mean nothing until YOU give them meaning.