Are you usually nice to yourself, or mean to yourself?

Like, do you cut yourself some slack when things go wrong, or is there a voice in your head always going "that was a stupid thing to say!" and "stop being so lazy and useless!" and stuff like that?

• My inner voice is kind
  • My inner voice is a meanie
  • My inner voice is reasonable
  • Inner voice? That sounds totally cray-cray!
  • Other/show me them results

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to be a lot harder on myself but I've found peace with myself. I pretty much figured out that further disabling yourself serves nobody. It doesn't make anything better, it doesn't achieve anything at all. You should defend yourself, it's for others to try and knock us down. We don't need to help them do it.

We were not put on this earth to be all things to all people, or to be approved of. We each have equal right to be here.

• 19d

Yeah, cool, nice, I agree. Do you think it's common to get less harsh on yourself? I should have put that as an option actually - I would have picked it myself!

• 19d

I wouldn't say that it is necessarily common or uncommon, a lot depends on how much work you do on yourself and your thought processes. If you do nothing then nothing changes.

You could say that it is generally true that you become more accepting of yourself as you get older, partly because you are less subect to peer pressure and the demands of a fashion and body conscious society.

Most Helpful Girl

• So mean :( lol I'm a perfectionist so im always think it can and should be better, last week I was drawing for 10 hours straight with taking only a half hour break in between, and even though my arm was hurting a lot, i just forced myself to keep going, cause i had to hand it in before midnight, and i wasn't happy with the way it looked. (handed it in 3 minutes before midnight and still wasn't that happy with how it looked, cause it couldve been better). Also if someone i talk to is angry (if its at me, an object or whatever) i always feel like im the one doing things wrong, and after the conversation i always blame myself "cause i mustve said or done something wrong" if its true or not... Im really mean to myself lol, but im really nice to other people though =D So i guess that kinda makes up for it.

• 19d

It's hard being a perfectionist! Why is it, do you think, that you have kinder standards for other people than for yourself?

• 19d

Yeah, cool... sometimes I think that altruism like that could be like some special delicate evolutionary trait that could take us to the next level as a species, if we could nurture it right...
      And yeah, it is kind of uber hubristic to try to change people, isn't it.
      Thank you for the thoughtful answer ♡

• 18d

No problem, and yes, if everyone would just be nice to each other, we might get to world peace eventually :)

What Guys Said 10

• My inner voice is fucking badass... and so am I.

• My inner voice is kind.

• I think I ought to be spanked sometimes, the way I behave!

• It's rational, but also gets into worse case scenarios offten.

• I'm hard on myself. But I think it's good. If I'd say I was easy on myself I'd be worrying I'm lacking at something and not trying to achieve 100%

• You mean kinda like a little voice inside my stomach?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hB58RY1Pn08

• I don't have a inner voice... I take pills for that... but I'm a perfectionist by nature... and that should explain a lot..

• My inner voice is reasonable. I'm never mean or nice to myself.

• I hate myself, so I am very hard on myself

• There's a voice in my head. Says I'm better off dead.

What Girls Said 10

• I cut myself some slack. Im not hard on myself. Life is to damb short ro be stressed over anything or to let folks get to you

• My inner voice kind is neither. It kind of jokes around when I do something wrong, kind of sarcastic but funny at the same time.

• I would say that my inner voice is reasonable. I know when I did something wrong, but I also admit that I did something good.

• A bit of a menie

• My inner voice is a meanie 😕

• 19d

Do you think your friends would be shocked if they could hear what your voice says? I bet they would defend you...

• I'm my own worst critic.

• A bit of both. I'm generally kind to myself but if I've gotten lazy it's a good reminder

• I'm hard on myself.

• 19d

Do you find being hard on yourself can make you a better person, or is it more often quite depressing?

• I'm terribly rude to myself

• I'm mean to myself