Do you know self defence? What are your best moves?

I have found that most people have no idea when it comes to defending themselves... do you know how to defend yourself? What would you do if you were attacked? what would be your best moves?

What Girls Said 8

• I took self defense classes in school, I know the basics.

• I'm good at acting like a psycho. Most people are scared of crazy people and they should be.

• nope

• I know self-defence, I know how to defend myself and others.

• Yup, I know. Most of the time I go for the joints, sometimes I'm breaking bones.

• Always wanted to as I've been bullied a lot and have been beaten up a few times but its my nature is to cry , run or curl up in a ball i have never been able to defend myself...

• well i would run lol but I don know karate.

• My dad was a MMA fighter I was taught MMA since I was 12. I would just personally get myself out of a headlock then get the jugular. There is so much you can do and it also depends on what position they have you in.

What Guys Said 26

• I used to have a best move, back when I was a little kid- the flying overhead somersault bicycle kick. However, I soon realized that having a 'best move' was stupid- it worked great on people who weren't that much bigger than me, but against significantly bigger and heavier people, I'd just wind up landing flat on my backside, and I'd wind up getting more tired and taking more hits by trying to fit in my special moves instead of simply fighting to win as quickly and efficiently as possible. So I stopped having 'best moves' to look cool (at around the age of 13) and placed more emphasis on getting the job done and winning my fights, quick and easy. So, what would I do if I were attacked? React in the moment, analyzing the situation and the attack with a fraction of a second, ans adopting the best possible strategy to eliminate the threat posed by my attacker as quickly as I could while minimizing the risk of being injured myself. No plan survives contact with the enemy. It's how quickly you can adapt and improvise battleplans in the height of a fight which define how good a fighter you truly are, and whether you're truly capable of defending yourself or not. I know I am. Are you?

• The best fight, is the one you dont have.
    I've done a lot of martial arts and self defense, and I almost never use it. Not the 'techniques' anyway.
    Besides I couldnt really describe that much in a post here - partly cos its something you need to go through physically, partly cos it would take ages to write.
    Saying that, I have written loads of tips/tricks on fighting techniques. And again, hard to know where to start.
    If you want to learn self-defense thats useful for real-life fights, the most useful I've trained in are Wing Chun Kung Fu, Kickboxing, and best of all, Kempo Ryo Karate, which is what Chuck Norris was into. Its Karate, re-engineered in the US for streetfighting, and its frikking top gear.
    But as I say, de-escalating and avoiding fights is generally the best way. Great book on that subject, called 'Scaling Force'. For what its worth, in a real fight, all bets are off. And theyll probably attack you with their mate/s. Usually theyll attack you from behind, cos they get to choose when they hit you, so the 'tripple dragon flying kick of zen inferno' developed underneath the wachutu tree generally isn't gonna cut it in the pub.

• 15d

PS. The best move is anything that doesn't turn jusges and potential witnesses against you when you're in court.

• Yes I am a martial artist and in reality there are no best moves in martial arts the best move is the one the situation calls for and the one your opponent does not expect.

What would you do if you were attacked?
    It would depend entirely on the situation I am in if he's unarmed I will stand my ground and fight.

If he has a knife and I also have my knife I'll stand my ground and fight since I'm trained in knife on knife combat to a degree.

If he has a gun, give him what he wants, put my hands in front of me and cover my body so that any shots he fires will probably hit my arms or hands, or run. Doesn't matter how skilled you are in hand to hand combat if someone is at range with a gun trained on you there is nothing you can do about it.

Do you know how to defend yourself?
    yes I've been in several street fights, fight/spar and train regularly and have been training for the past 10+ years in hand to hand.

What would be your best moves?
    As I said above the best move is the one the situation calls for and the one your opponent will not expect.

You want to defend yourself get trained in the arts designed for war and death the really traditional and classical schools untouched by modern influence. And don't try to be a martial arts action hero when you fight that's going to get you hurt, defeated or killed.

• Well I'm black belt in taekwondo, wing chun, and xingyiquan.

Taught women's self defense classes. Teaching how to attack men, in the nose, neck, knees and nuts. I call it the 4 soft n's.

I wouldn't attack there out of honor unless desperate to survive haha, but yes mate I can defend myself in street fights, gun engagements and tournament style martial combat. 😎👊<---where's the feet emoji. I kick lol.

• I would draw my gun and shoot to kill

• I'm well seasoned in the violence department.

If I am going to be attacked by several or one extremely large individual then I don't bother fighting and just often hit in disabling spots.

Punch in the throat - Down he goes! (used in extreme emergecies)
    Kick out the knee. It's virtually impossible to break a knee by kicking out but almost guarantee a severe sprain.
    -Punching between the eyes will cause temporary blindness but that usually isn't enough to stop anyone attacking.

What to never do.
    -never kick a guy in the nutsack. Although, everyone thinks it's a good spot it is not. 99% of the time you miss and hit the bone beside that. Then they take the next hit.

• During my officer's training in the army I got some close combat lessons: "Don't use these if there's no war."
    I never used them.
    Nuff said

• I know boxing and wrestling and a little bit of Judo my best move is with my left jab then after a while finishing it off with my right hand.

• I haven't learned anything professionally but a solid middle knuckle to the nose or adam's apple would likely do the trick.

I do live in America so I might get a gun to make defense a little more one sided but college campuses aren't dangerous enough to worry about it.

• I know self defense , I've got a handgun permit and I carry my gun everywhere I go with certain exceptions

• I just raise my arms and scream.

• I got a black belt in taekwondo. My favorite move is the butterfly kick.

• i got taught some unarmed cqb techniques whilst in the army.

• Yeah, take out my folder knife and stab the mother fucker

• Yea right...

• I've trained in kickboxing, boxing and some jiu jitsu. I can take care of myself.

• I know nothing about self-defense. *hides black belts in closet*

• Just 1 strong punch to beginning of his Jawline.. then BAM! He's laying on the ground 😎

• Hip roll and elbow drop.

• Elbow to sternum

• Knife and gun I won't over complicate it

• Best moves? That's a little silly. You have to use whatever moves are applicable in specific situations. I practice BJJ and I'm tall so I do really well with triangle chokes but I obviously can't use those in a lot of situations.

• lets just say HRH government agents trained me

• My best move is ugliness - it sends girls running.

• The self defence the Americans only know is gun. Ar-15 pew pew