Does anyone else find having their back touched (by someone they trust) to just be so incredibly soothing?

I don;t know how to explain it but when I'm stressed or afraid, when someone rubs my back (and by rubs, I mean glides their hands over, not massages) it is just so calming. And it's even stronger with skin to skin; it feels like there is just this soothing energy radiating out from their hands when they rub my back. It feels so good it's hypnotic <3 <3 <3

Does anyone else find having their back touched (by someone they trust) to just be so incredibly soothing?

• Yes
    88% (37)81% (21)85% (58)Vote
  • No
    12% (5)19% (5)15% (10)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
15|11

Most Helpful Girl

• I love it.
    A friend of mine always gives me really good back massages on the bus ride home, and it puts me to sleep.

0|0
    0|0
    • 11d

Awwww <3

My mom always gives me shoulder massages when she comes over (and given the sise of my bust it is so relaxing) :P

• Show All
    • 11d

Cool ahah

• 10d

ty for mho!

What Guys Said 11

• there is a biological reason for this. it is shown that human contact (touching) can cause the brain to release the hormone oxytocin (sometimes called the "love hormone") which has an anti-depressant like effect on the body.

this hormone relaxes the body and can facilitate bonding (thus why they say place a new born baby on the chest of the mother and father as soon as it is born)

0|0
    0|0
  • Just touching in general can make a person feel good, especially for someone who's often lonely/alone - whether it's a handshake, a hug or any other kind of touch..

1|0
    0|0
  • That's a really magical sensation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup I don't know what it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pets seem to love getting rubbed. I don't see why humans wouldn't either. I think it's just a thing all animals love to have done to them. It stimulates the nerve endings.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any boyos want to give me a back rub? Lat days are killer.

0|0
    0|0
  • it can if I'm feeling bad

0|0
    0|0
  • Touch can be a beautiful thing. It feels nurturing and bonding.

1|0
    0|0
  • I touch the ladies on their lower back, they usually like it

0|0
    0|0
  • It sure is

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• I don't really think about it looool
    I'm super ticklish so it actually triggers me

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I love it ^^

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually get spooked

Jensen Ackles touched my lower back once tho and I dug it

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel this way about sensual hugging.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's always been a very sensitive spot for me and my boyfriend knows what to do with it. Both for relaxation and "other things." It has many uses 😆

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh yes😍 Me and this guy I dated were about to watch a movie, I was sitting and he was laying on his back, he did that to my back, and I felt like I got this tiny orgasm. I put my glass down and kissed him right away. And that's how my first kiss happened...

0|0
    0|0
    • 14d

It's not just sexual of course, it is very soothing.

• Yes it does

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it does.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes it's soothing

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg yes back rubs are lifeeee.
    Sometimes I find it hot too lmao.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love this

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah!! and when they put their hand on the small of your back

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't. I hate when people try to touch my shoulders or my back. It feels wrong to me and I get a nauseous kind of feeling. My mother and my sister both have attempted to massage my shoulders from behind (without asking first), and I shrug them away from me. It makes me feel vulnerable and unsafe.

0|0
    0|0