Does anyone else find having their back touched (by someone they trust) to just be so incredibly soothing?

I don;t know how to explain it but when I'm stressed or afraid, when someone rubs my back (and by rubs, I mean glides their hands over, not massages) it is just so calming. And it's even stronger with skin to skin; it feels like there is just this soothing energy radiating out from their hands when they rub my back. It feels so good it's hypnotic <3 <3 <3

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I love it.
    A friend of mine always gives me really good back massages on the bus ride home, and it puts me to sleep.

• 11d

Awwww <3

My mom always gives me shoulder massages when she comes over (and given the sise of my bust it is so relaxing) :P

• 11d

Cool ahah

• 10d

ty for mho!

What Guys Said 11

• there is a biological reason for this. it is shown that human contact (touching) can cause the brain to release the hormone oxytocin (sometimes called the "love hormone") which has an anti-depressant like effect on the body.

this hormone relaxes the body and can facilitate bonding (thus why they say place a new born baby on the chest of the mother and father as soon as it is born)

• Just touching in general can make a person feel good, especially for someone who's often lonely/alone - whether it's a handshake, a hug or any other kind of touch..

• That's a really magical sensation.

• Yup I don't know what it is.

• Pets seem to love getting rubbed. I don't see why humans wouldn't either. I think it's just a thing all animals love to have done to them. It stimulates the nerve endings.

• Any boyos want to give me a back rub? Lat days are killer.

• it can if I'm feeling bad

• Touch can be a beautiful thing. It feels nurturing and bonding.

• I touch the ladies on their lower back, they usually like it

• It sure is

• Yeah

What Girls Said 14

• I don't really think about it looool
    I'm super ticklish so it actually triggers me

• Yes I love it ^^

• I usually get spooked

Jensen Ackles touched my lower back once tho and I dug it

• I feel this way about sensual hugging.

• Yeah it's always been a very sensitive spot for me and my boyfriend knows what to do with it. Both for relaxation and "other things." It has many uses 😆

• Oh yes😍 Me and this guy I dated were about to watch a movie, I was sitting and he was laying on his back, he did that to my back, and I felt like I got this tiny orgasm. I put my glass down and kissed him right away. And that's how my first kiss happened...

• 14d

It's not just sexual of course, it is very soothing.

• Yes it does

• I love it!

• Yes it does.

• yes it's soothing

• Omg yes back rubs are lifeeee.
    Sometimes I find it hot too lmao.

• I love this

• Yeah!! and when they put their hand on the small of your back

• No, I don't. I hate when people try to touch my shoulders or my back. It feels wrong to me and I get a nauseous kind of feeling. My mother and my sister both have attempted to massage my shoulders from behind (without asking first), and I shrug them away from me. It makes me feel vulnerable and unsafe.