Do you feel like the smartphones/social media/the internet in general makes you less happy?

I feel like it does, for me at least. I think the negative effects are becoming increasingly noticeable in society. Personally, it makes me feel disconnected and like I'm not really living my moments.. that's the worst part.. like everything I do is a social media photo OP.

I'm honestly really tempted to quit using the internet except as a tool/resource, ditch the smartphone for a flip phone or something less plugged in and delete all my social media.

The problem is nobody else will do that, and everyone is in their own little, toxic virtual world.

Does anyone feel the way I do? What do you plan to do about it?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Some social media sites give some people the false sense that their really popular because people follow them life is not like that I understand the Internet is a way of life in society now but sometimes it's good to put that phone, IPad, etc down and go and do something productive it is natural to get bored of the Internet I wonder how people would cope if all internet was shut down for week 😎

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so because we keep disconnecting from each other. A lot of people are lonely because of it. I have many friends who are in their phones when we are with a group of people and then upset because they aren't living life. Also people are very negative online (trolls, complaining, useless avoidable drama, etc...). We absorb negativity life sponges. When we are overexposed to it it will effect us

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• Yes. They create the illusion of a community of friends, but you wind up not really knowing any of them. When you need help or sympathy, there's silence..

• I am more happy with internet and social media. My life revolves around it. I am on the net most of the time.

What Girls Said 2

• For some people, that's definitely true. They see how others are living supposedly and compare their lives to theirs.

• Yeup! That's why I don't have Facebook, twitter, instagram, or snapchat.