What is this theory called?

It's the theory that Africans and African-Americans are different races?

What Guys Said 6

• It's the Theory of Quasibullshit.

• Retarded

• Could probably google it and find out

• It's a fact tho

• Race is a social construct. The lines between races are very blurry.
    There are differences, like disease risk, medicine reaction, but these are minute, and you can find similar variations within the same race (penicillin allergies etc...)

• I don't know. They are the same (part of them at least) except many of them are mixed with White because of the stupid slave owners.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know what it's called, but I hate the way the term African-American is used. I grew up across the street from a family that was born in Africa and moved to America. They were African-Americans. People who were born in America and have never been to Africa are American. I was born in America and have never been to Europe, so I'm American. I wouldn't go around saying I'm European-American because I'm not. And then what would I call my European-American coworkers? They're not just European anymore once they live here and have gained citizenship.

• 20d

Logical reasoning.

• 20d

@Other_Tommy_Wiseau

I grew up in an extremely liberal state where you could get in trouble for saying "black" instead of "African American" because it's "insensitive."

Then what do you expect German-American, Bosnian-America, Pakistani-American, Brazilian-American and African-American immigrants to call themselves if Americans steal their terms? Your race is American if you were born in America. Your ethnicity is wherever your genetics come from, and the color of your skin is whatever you were born with. Culture is whatever the values and morals of the people you grew up around.

• 20d

I live in New Jersey... not exactly gun toting rednecks 😂

I expect them to call themselves those and/or say they're from those places... also, I don't know if you knew this, but American isn't a race 😂😂😂. I don't really understand what that point at the end was about, but sure

• It's called stupidity