How do people manage both studying and getting involved?

Seriously. I am exhausted I just went through 22 pages of reading.

How do people combine this with clubs, drinking etc etc

What Guys Said 14

• I studied when i got home at 3am and broke it up into chunks.
    I didn't go out much compared to others but i played sports or whent to the gym maybe 3 times a week and went out with the sports teams maybe every other week most of the times they went out I missed.
    It didn't help my grades and i already had being dyslexic to deal with learning wise and I was studying joint maths and physics but for me it was also about staying healthy and building up and maintaining confidence as I was diagnosed with asperges aged 7 and I was actively pushing my self out of my comfort zone also I was fast coordinated and strong making me good at sports and I liked the positive attention from that and used it to relax as well.
    Many pepole did more than i did they had relationships and jobs as well as studying physics and there is potentially room for improvement as most of your time and my time isn't productive whether you work a 40 , 60 or even 80 hour week most of thats not productive. A degree is officially like a 40 hour a week job during term but can be done in less or more depending on your learning pace and the actual work load varies between subjects and how well it's taught.

• 12d

I was on track for a first but finished with a 2:2 partly i think because i knew i was doing well so when sking with family over the Christmas holidays rather than just cramming , partly that i had developed other interests and theoretical side of mathematics stated to become less interesting to me and some of it may have been early burn out and strangely better flatmates
      as in my first year they where 3 particularly loud, inconsiderate, as sh ols

• 12d

ok maybe that last reason doesn't really make sense?

• Most dont , but the ones who do they set priorities obviously maybe you study like everyday or almost everyday but Friday night and Saturday those are the days you should try to go out and enjoy yourself a bit , just set up a routine and be organized about it, if you have a test or anything you should try to not go out that week , but next week you might have time to go out more than often , the main goal is to set the priorities but not to the point that you dont do the getting out or drinking part, because eventually you might get tired asf from studying.

• Time management. Get your assignments done ASAP, especially near the weekend, while they are still fresh in your mind. Then you can kick back and party with a clear conscience.

• 1. They are very good at what they are studying
    2. Or they aren't good at it and care more about parties
    3. Or they find the right balance

• I tape my notes to her back.

• I didn't drink, get into relationship during my studies. Now I am free have finished all university things. During studying time I only worked out and about 2 times per week hanged out with friends.

• 12d

You spent four years only working out and hanging out with friends?

What do you now with more free time?

• 12d

I worked in a call center first during university, then later worked a part time as programmer. I have had some hard life xD living alone since 16 years old. I was also a professional soccer player and athlete, suffered a knee injury in a match at 18 years old and had 2 surgeries but still kept going to university lol because I don't know the word "give up".

I never took time to socialize, just didn't think of that at all. I suck at being social with females only because of lack of contact with them. I am very respected and my male friends like to follow my lead (also was captain as soccer team when I was younger, and been in teams very often, but not much contact with girls). University, work, soccer, calisthenics park anywhere we were only guys lol. Also in 2 years had 2 surgeries and when some girl from a German course wanted to hang out with me I was always busy working to rehab myself training 3 hours a day. Anyway I don't regret my life and I am proud of my will

• 12d

I remember the days when some guys studying economy and having girlfriends said to me you are missing too much lol and wanting to troll me about the fact that I knew no girl. Now they are without degrees and working as waiters, I am on my way of becoming CTO of my company, driving a nice car, great body and just waiting for the right girl. Still I am modest and never joked on them now lol, I keep them as my friends. I also leave them some tip when I go into their bar

• They are organized and smart.

• I only go to the club on Friday and Saturday. No one goes on Sunday but here, some go from Tuesday to Saturday.

• Well you have to prioritize it all, spend time on studies whenever you are not partying or going out. Mind you all of it will take its toll on you. Nevertheless keep on trying and you'll manage.

• I think no one can focus on both unless they have photographics memory. It's not necessary to go out regularly once in a few days is fine. Studies are made to be exhausting. have Exams from today so i understand what you feel

• 13d

The funny part about it is that if they made it less exhausting and more about actually learning something more people would like it

• 12d

Yea abslotuely its the major flaw of our system. People just getting bookish knowledge instead of practicals and R&D

• 12d

What's your major?

• It's very hard. Probably why i didn't have anything serious for a while.

• Multitasking.
    Easy for some people

• Most people who go out clubbing all the time do very bad in school. Those that say they are doing fine are lying. I know from experience. Saw a guy who kept saying he was kicking ass in school all the time and partied all night every night. Ended up having a class with him. He failed out of it but then I heard him saying how he was still doing great to people.

• 12d

No I actually saw some of these people on the honour roll

• 12d

Is it their major? Are they in something that requires a lot of studying? Even the smartest people have to get a lot of studying in if they are doing a difficult major.

• they are super smart.

What Girls Said 6

• I find that it can be difficult to do. Its kind of hard to balance the two unless you really can manage both or someone who is understanding that you do need time to study and not cheating on them.

• That's why I don't have a life anymore except for Uni and Gag.

• they're major must not be that difficult or they're very organized

• You're exhausted after only 22 pages of reading? Just what the heck are you reading?

• 12d

It's not 'fun' novel reading. It's finance readings. Not only are they boring they're actually exhausting because of all the numbers

• 12d

@ArrowheadSW I majored in applied math, and I would need to take a break after about 5 pages of any math textbook. Studying for history classes, on the other hand...

• 12d

Oh yeah, math is a different story. You have to figure out what they are talking about while you are reading. Same with harder-core science classes. Man my casual reading is way jacked up because of all the other slow reading that I do. LOL... If I ever went back to college I would have to take another reading comprehension course to get me back on track.

• Time management, strong work ethic... and a positive attitude.

• I have no idea, I prioritize school first instead of dating at all because the guys are never considerate of my time for studying. When that happens I get crabby and easily annoyed at any text a guy sends esp if it's "wyd" when I told him I had exams coming up so I say studying and they call me boring and that I should have some fun with them ;)

I usually just wait till the end of the semester or during the break to even try dating since I'll be less stressed and have all this time.

In conclusion it's all about TIME MANAGEMENT.
    I should probably pray more but I'm not really interested in dating right now because I don't have time nor do I want to be all emotional