How many slides does it take you to make a 15mins presentation?

I ended up with 44 slides lmfao
and didn t have time to pace myself :D
wouhou

16d luckily the presentation has been postponed bahaha
pheww

What Guys Said 24

• I'd say 5 slides on average, but between 3 and 15. A good rule is no more than 1 slide per minute but that's moving REALLY fast. If you have more complex slides or more to talk about you could go one slide every 5 mins. On average you're looking at one every 3 mins, so 5 slides.

• Depends on the content. The most ideal situation is to have as little slides as possible and the least amount of content on them. A simple picture with minimal text is best. The rest you fill in with your speech. People appreciate that the most.

• I tend to prefer the minimalist approach. At 44 slides that's 3 slides a minute almost. I would think that's too much. Would feel rushed

You wanna be the star of the show not the constant flipping of slides. Id think 1-2 slides per minute max. So 15-30. You wanna give like 30 seconds to a minute per slide to focus in some key points

But that's just noise you already have 44 motor mouth...'do whatever the F' you wanna do'

Ta-ta

• That seems like wayyyy too much

You should be presenting the information verbally, the slides should be a support to your speech

If you have many graphs, paintings etc to present, include them all, but dont have anything unnecessary

• one every 30 seconds gives people time to ask questions or comment... so 30 for 15 minutes is the maximum.

• 44 slides? That must have been a bad presentation xD No offense, by the way lol

A powerpoint should be there as guidance, not where you put all the info. I've given 15 minute presentations with just 5 slides. I just put the important points on the PowerPoint but I develop those points myself, talking.

• 16d

Haha no worries I still didn t present anw
      But I am doing a comparison between the work of 2 architects
      I have a lot if pics and details to show 😂😅

• No clue I haven't made a presentation in lets see...5 or so years.

• Jesus... like 10 or 11 tops.

• 15 is good. Just 1 per minute. 44 is a big excessive...

• You made way too many slides. About 30 are the most for 15 minutes presentation (my msc thesis was 32 and I had to show like 2 slider per 1 minute)

• 1|0
  • If you can talk more , you may only need 10 slides at the maximum.

• Count 2 minutes per slide... before giving the presentation sit before every slide and trie for yourself to think about how best to bring the story behind it.
    Make sure you say things in your own words. If you have the general story in your had, you'll soon relax and the presentation will go fine :D

• See what everyone is saying? Told you :p

• more than 15 i think

• Like 15 MAX
    Nice lmao 😂
    Goodluck

• 15 Minutes? around 15 slides. I like to keep it like 1 per minute if it has text, or 2 per minute, if some of them just have keywords for me to develop the talking.

Give a little text.. give a little pics, get down to it!

• I like the idea of 44 slides. Keeps it exciting.

• 8 to 10 slides I'd say.

• 10-15 slides is the most convenient as I think

• 10 slides, just put pointers into them. You aren't reading a book you're giving a presentation.

• Many people do slides wrong. They put everything on there and no one can readnit. It should be small lists a few points next slide. A few slide can be just pics or diagrams so its totally depending on what your talking about.

• 16d

I'm coming to you for school advice

• 16d

@This_is_my_username sounds good 😛

• 16d

Lol weird teacher! Did you stay in the 15 minutes of sleaking?

• I think its too many. Its like 3 slides per minute. I think my most slides are about 30 during a 30 minute presentation and i thought it was too many.

• That's way too many slides.

What Girls Said 13

• I did a 45-minute solo presentation last semester that was only 18 slides long or something?
    Slides are generally there to just provide a quick summary of the gist of what you're getting at verbally. So.. at my uni, at least, most profs will usually deduct marks if the slides are overloaded with info. Double the point-deduction if you're reading straight off of the slides.
    😩

• Depends on how much info is on the Presentation. But I'm a teacher, so I'll let you know how to do a presentation properly.

-Do not use more than 3 different types of animation
    -Make bulleted points and talk and elaborate on them. Typically, each slide should take 3-4 minutes before moving on to another one so 5-6 slides should be the amount you. You can stretch it to 7, but no more.
    -Have note cards if you're allowed to have them. You can put a ton of info on them instead of on slides
    -Depending on what the presentation requirements are, you can do something to involve the audience at first. That's a common thing many people, including myself, do during a presentation whether for class or a professional setting. Asking a question and giving out candy for each answer or something. Get them involved, it helps drag out the presentation.

A lot, I know, but hopefully it helped. This is exactly the suggestions I give my students in a presentation project.

• 16d

yea I had the same advice from my previous instructor.
      the thing is, I am doing a comparison between the work of 2 architects XD
      that s a lot of info
      anw now I have more time to fix it luckily

• 16d

Yeah. For that, the notecards will help you the most.

• depends, i like to go between 30 seconds and 2 minutes per slide, fast enough to keep things moving but not so long on one slide people drift and start trying to anticipate what you are going to say/do

and there are many different methods in presentation you can use that will really vary how many slide you need

• About 10 because I'll be talking a lot and the information on the slides is just bulletpoints compared to what I'll be saying lol 44 slides will probably take you at least an hour so I'd say try to half that number.

• Maximum 15-20 lol

• 44 for a 15 minute presentation is a bit too much😅
    I would say slides between 7-10 would be more than sufficient if you spend 1-1.5 minutes on each slide.
    Make slides precise and to the point. Also make sure that there's no too much text on them

• 44 slides is too much... hmmm maybe 25

• depends, i talk a lot for each slide lmao

• Last time I made one, 24.

• Its too much. Count 2 min per slide since you have to talk about them. Depoending on the info on the slide (not too many lines): keep between 7 and 15 slides (upper maximum)

• 8-10. Each slide should take around 1 min to 1.30 min to explain. Use relevant pictures, keep it short and bullet pointed with only relevant information. Details you can explain orally. And if they're unclear still, they can ask in the q&a section.

• I have no Idea.

• Well, that sounds about right, it takes me 3 minutes to present a 7 slide presentation so... guess I would have to make even more! XD