Have you ever had a credit card taken into collection?

Last December my Victoria's Secret card was taken into collection.

i still haven't paid it but it's only $371 so when I get paid again I'm going to finally pay it off 😂

Im a terrible adult, I don't know why I keep putting it off tbh. It's the one thing negatively impacting my credit score 😂

What Guys Said 19

• I got twice mail from a collection agency, both times because the company (a webhoster) was too stupid to change my email address.

The first time I changed my mail address via their webform... apparently there was something wrong and I didn't have to pay. During my call with the support hotline I let them change it... apparently everything fine.

A year later I suddenly get again mail from a collection agency agency... again because of the same shit. I call the support hotline again and they refused to acknowledge any fault on their side, apparently no support ticket from a year ago and they insisted on the payment. Apparently they sent me multiple warnings to my home address... never got any.

I was super pissed but it was not worth taking it to court especially since they were sitting in a different country, so I just paid the 80€. They were probably scamming regularly people like that or they were just super incompetent... I don't know. I instantly cancelled my contract on the phone and gave them shitty ratings.

• no i haven't. you could contact the collection group and develop a payment plan. that will usually pull the card out of collections if you make a plan to pay it back and follow through on it

• 18d

I'm gonna pay it in full I don't need to do payments.

I lost the info for the company that collected it so I've been stuck on how to pay it but I recently found contact info I need for it.

• Even though it is small amount, get it clear - As you say your credit score is all important when it comes to things like mortgages that is what banks look at - All they see is "Missed Payment" not how much and it takes a few years to clear - I maxed out credit cards and missed payments, it feels like ages to clear your name. I had credit cards paid off before they cleared my credit history of missed payments.

• Yes, pay it off or at least make a payment. You never know what you may need your credit score for in the future. I've never had a credit card go there but a bill... but I didn't even know about the bill until it went to the collection agency! It upset me greatly. It had been there for a while also before I had heard anything about it. They were about to take legal action! I knew NOTHING of it. No contact was attempted to me that I know of before this. I cleared it up right away and nothing became of it but I was extremely upset that it went that far and I knew nothing at all about it.

• I don't use credit cards actually, only a debit card here and there which I like best because you can only spend what you actually put on there so it's impossible to accidentally spend to much and you never have to pay it off because it's your own money you put on there.

• 18d

Yes I know what a debit card is 😂

• 18d

I know you do it's just a weird habit of mine I have to explain things even when people know what it is /=

• Nope, but I just got a best buy credit card and I gotta stay on top of that shit so I don't ruin my credit score and get charged out the ass. So far I'm doing good but it can be easy to let things like that slip. I do have a terrible habit of paying things the day they're due.

• Hiw much intrest are they charging you on that debt. Get rid of all your cards, pay your bills and dont take out loans or owe money its the only way to get ahead and stay ahead in 2016. Credit can be handy if your stuck but banks and companies encourage you to borrow and spend more because it makes them huge amounts of money. I know so many people who do the same and some must spend a 1/3 at least servicing debts, loans and credit cards.

• 18d

Zero. It's been at the same amount always. I think it was collecting interest when Victoria's Secret still had control of it but the collection agency isn't charging me interest

• 18d

Pretty sure they legally have to show me the price if they are charging me the fees and I literally just checked the price yesterday and it was the same it has been.

• 18d

Be careful proving whats legal means court.

• I only use a debit card. If I can't buy none essential crap I go without until I have the money to buy it. Guess I'm an old fashioned guy lol.

• No, I stay on top of my finances and make sure I pay everything on time.

• I rarely use it... max 5 times a year.
    And so far, fortunately, that didn't happen :D

• Nope never will.

• Can someone educate me on "taken into collection"?

• 18d

You have to go through a third party collection agency to pay your bills for that credit card and it negatively impacts your credit score.

• 18d

Why would it go into collection?

• 18d

Delinquent payments

• I don't know what "taken into collection" means

• I pay mine off every month. Especially my Victoria's Secret card...

• Nope and my average cc bill is 800

• No, mainly because I try not to use my card.

• no mommy

• Yes, I've had a few credit cards go into collections. JcPenny i owed $2,700.00
    so shame of myself but every time i made a payment they would increase my
    credit limit so it got out of hand.

• No never

What Girls Said 6

• Not mine! My mom signed me up for stupid fucking program without my consent or knowledge. It was supposed to be a free trial but she let it expire.

It's $600 and the asshole, con artists that she got it from refused to waive it even though she insists she never got the materials. I tried to dispute it with the credit agencies but they said to get it removed I need to file a police report.. against my own mother.

So fuck it.

• 18d

I refuse to reward con artists by paying them $600 for services never rendered.

• 18d

What a swindle. they know people won't pursue their own relative, most of the time, and count on people being too busy to remember when the 'free trial' ends.

• No.
    Only have one credit card and always pay it on time.
    My dad would kill me if that ever happened haha. He works in finance. He'd be so disappointed in me. lol

• I had a 27 thousand dollar hospital bill that my insurance paid. I only was billed 1800, but i refused to pay it even with my parents telling me to. Once i got the "we arnt messing around, pay your bill call"from collections.. thennnn i paid

• My Victoria secret card went into collection 3 years ago but I paid it off long time ago so its gone. I never got another card

• Well I can't get a credit card, but I think I'm only ever gonna use a debit card.

• I have unfortunately. Several of them. Fucked my credit sideways. Still trying to repair it.