Why would you ghost on someone you like?

Or lead them on to make it seem like you care and then just vanish.

What Guys Said 13

• The times that I've been ghosted often had to do with the woman swinging into depression. Some people just have issues with suffering from depression. It makes them not have the mental energy to interact or enjoy being around others beyond what is absolutely necessary.

• This is based on my own common sense... Perhaps many things go on in the minds of those who 'ghost' people. Let us not chastize those who do so, many things are for a reason... reasons we ourselves may not understand or.. that person feared we may not understand. I don't know about "liking" but the quest for happiness, love... it's a complicated thing. The type of people who 'ghost' are varied, some are just people found someone else and did not have the courage to end the relationship, others just quite simply did not have the courage and while a few... there may be something deeper behind it. Sometimes, they may even feel it's for that person's own good, or that they fear things would only go badly, confusion treads through the mind sometimes... that confusion can be nerve wrecking. Moral of the story is... some just don't care, others do but unfortunately something else deeper causes them to just vanish. When it happens, all you can do is just move on as they'd likely wish you do.

• I did the same to a girl once. I genuinely like her. She was really freaking cute but she just seemed too much like a preppy girl. Like dating a blow up doll. Though I wanted to pursue I just felt that I couldn't. Personality beats beauty. So it seemed like I was leading her on even though I wasn't trying to.

• it's easier to try to ignore the person/problem... the feelings etc. To pretend it's not there.

have been "qhosted" a few times and it does suck. I think it's the cowards way out of things

• I don't ghost people or lead them on like that. There has never been a person that I liked and there never will be because I'm asexual/aromantic.

• 13d

Do excuse me if I appear rude, i'm not sure if you're that same guy I've seen around here or not... but there is a familiar lad who just seems to love bringing up their asexuality/aromantic orientation. I'm curious because it seems odd... why do you always do that? Of course, questions are open for everyone... but you do realize your 'opinion' was quite pointless, yes? A romantic individual asked a question that only romantic individuals could answer (obviously)... so why did you, an aromantic individual... feel inclined to comment anyway?

• Could be unintentional. Maybe that person thought something would happen between you two.

• Most likely gameplaying.

• The girl i like
    would i ever ghost her
    no way in hell

• if it ain't gonna work

• becuz i'm a ghost

• I wouldn't ghost on someone I liked. I have ghosted on girls I was interested in but met someone else. I wasn't necessarily really into those girls or gave them the impression that I was.

• It's a skill. Some can ghost for a long time. Some dont last that long because they miss their girl. But the vanishers youve been in were master legends of the galactic star system zorbu.

• If someone ghost you
    Which means
    They never was interested in you

• 14d

Why would he seem interested in me then and acted like he cared? If you are going to say he wanted sex that isn't it because he was originally my friends with benefits and he was the one who said he "couldn't use me anymore" and then told me some personal things about himself and told me to call him if i need anyone to talk to.

What Girls Said 9

• I'd only do that if I thought they were either manipulating me or deceiving me in someway. Or if I felt them slowly distancing themselves. People who are manipulative or deceitful liars don't deserve an explanation of why you've suddenly backed off

I wouldn't ghost a person who I valued in my life and who I cared about

• its something i'd never do

• You wouldn't. If a person likes another person and is available, they don't ghost.

• Immaturity?

• Found a term for : fuckboy

• 14d

No because we were originally friends with benefits and nothing more and he was the one who said he couldn't use me anymore. Before I left he told me personal things about himself and said he wanted to see me again and told me to call him if i need anyone to talk to as I left.

• nah.

• I never ghost someone before, but I saw a ghost before

• Because in secret, I don't like him

• 14d

Would you also say to them that if they need anything or need someone to talk to to call them if you didn't actually like him?

• 14d

It depends. There are people I don't like, but it's not that bad. And people I just really dislike

• 14d

With the last one I'd tell it to his face

• Use common sense. Of course not.