Girls, Do girls like and date average looking guys too?

It's tough to compete with goodlooking guys because that's what a lot of girls like which is natural we're human so we find things visually appealing. But do girls give average guys a shot too? And if so what helps attracting girls?

26

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure. In my case a man attracts me if he is similar to me - similar hobbies, views, personality and I like gentlemen. I don't know what attracts other girls. You can be shy but you have to be confident enough to ask a girl out.

What Girls Said 25

• Someone's bound to find you attractive. Besides, confidence and taking good care of yourself will get you far.

• It goes both ways. Most of the times a very non appealing man doesn't have much chances with a very beautiful girl and vise versa. It is true though that some people care more about the personality rather than looks.

• Of course.
    For me the real real sexy is always his intrlligence, INTEGRITY, sense of humor.

I personally dont want to have a very handsome man, the stylish man. I just want a man who is not ugly or very ugly. Just average. A very stylish man is a turn off for me.

Why? Handsome men are harder to keep. Those men realize that many girls like them. I am not prepared with the jealousy that i will face later on.

I am focused on personality, his achievements, knowing he has ambitions in life. And taller than me is very important

• I think average looking people are very much attractive. To be average isn't a bad thing, average doesn't mean ugly. Very few people are ugly and it's probably due to some accident or deformity or whatever. Most people are attractive.

• If they show confidence and are funny yes. My crush isn't exactly someone people will go 😍 "gaga" for. (Because my friends and sister though he was okay lol). But to me he is, because of who he is. Even on the first day I meet him I liked that when he walk in to the room he made himself known.

• Of course. In fact, I find "average" looking guys more attractive than good looking guys most of the time. I think the classical "attractive" guys are a bit too overrated honestly.

Just go up and start a friendly conversation. Easy and simple :)

• Yep I've liked people who were not that hot but they had something attractive in them, charisma, charm or good personality.

• For sure, I actually prefer average-cute guys than someone who looks like a celebrity. I can't "connect" to people who look so perfect and as a result I technically -know- they're attractive but I'm not attracted to them. I like my guy to have some flaws :P

• Yeah I prefer if they have a good personality, looks don't matter

• Absolutely! Of course average to me maybe be hot/handsome or ugly/unattractive to someone else considering this is a subjective. I consider my guy friends average and regadless their cool people. I personally like intellect, humor, compassion and I could list more but I won't anywho dressing nice and having confidence is good to make yourself seem more appealing.

• guys have more leeway in this area compared to girls
    you don't have to be especially good-looking
    looks are subjective anyway
    but you must offer something valuable - confidence, leadership, good sense of humor, fun, etc.

• If he's fit, goal oriented and confident, I would definitely give him a chance. Even with some average looking guys, his eyes, body or his smile might attract me to him. But if he was super lanky or overweight AND average looking, I wouldn't sorry :(

• I don't know what you consider an 'average guy' but there is always someone out there that finds you attractive. Do not worry!

• It's the personality for me

• I'd date a guy if he was confident and had a good personality. An average looking guy with a good personality = hot guy.

• Confidence is very important and the way you carry yourself. Dress well and workout.

• 13d

Workout to impress girls?

• 13d

Then find a girl who shares your interests and values. There are many out there who would be interested.

• 13d

Ok thank you

• I go for the hotter guys unless an average guy is extremely funny

• If he wasn't a fuckboy. I would pick an average looking loyal boy over an attractive fuckboy anyday

• Of course, if the guy is average looking but has good hygiene (takes showers, and only has the occasional greasy/dirty look from a hard day every once in a while, brushes his teeth, etc), and has a kind/caring personality, then he is great in my book! My boyfriend is no supermodel, but he's caring and funny with a kind smile, which is what got me to notice him in the first place!

• Clever is the best sexy... Some guys are extremely good looking but when you talk to them you find them really silly and boring. For me the more intelligent the more attractive the guy is. Moreover, if the guy wasn't very handsome but he dresses well and takes care of stuff like wearing neat clothes and nice perfume, he wouldn't be less attractive than other ''good looking'' guys!

• Be super confident and nice. I know plenty of not just average, but kinda unattractive in general guys get the prettiest girls in my school while the attractive ones dont get any girls. This is because they dont have the confidant outgoing personality that draws in girls. Also, learn the guitar, girls love the guitar.

• Go outside and look at couples on the streets. Do you see average looking guys with girlfriends? Yes? Ok, that means that girls do give average guys a shot too.

What helps attracting girls is good hygiene, dressing at least ok, doing something with your life (going to college/having a real job, having dreams and don't spend your days playing video games in your moms basement) and being confident.

• The guy I currently like isn't really that attractive. He's got gap teeth and a really wide mouth, and I still find him hot. On top of that, he's hilarious.

• Id never date a guy just because of the way he looks. No girl would do that, only if she's super shallow and doesn't care at all about personality. Dont worry too much, if you find a girl you like, just show her your personality, because after all she won't fall for you because you're good looking, but for your character! So of course i'd date an "average" guy. Because if i fall in love with a guy, i will fall in love with how he acts and treats me and he will be attractive to me, regardless of how he looks.

• of course especially if they are smart and have a great sense of humour