Is my professor trying to haze out students?

He is giving us a ridiculous workload and he randomly does this... what he will do is go over a lesson very quickly past what we had planned on schedule for our lecture. Then he will randomly update blackboard around 11:30PM-12AM am saying that your chapter work is due on that lesson in which he went past with.. it's always due the next day when class starts.

I mean the notice time of this work is just ridiculous. He's allowed to do it because it has to be posted the day prior.. which he technically is.

Students are staying up all fucking night just to make sure he doesn't post anything because a lot of them have classes throughout the day prior to that, so they wouldn't have the time to finish. I personally have to get up about 4AM to study and finish the chapter work because I want to hit the gym before I head over to my first class.

The professor doesn't seem irresponsible at all. I don't know if he is just hazing out the people who can't hack it. It's fucking ridiculous though.

What Girls Said 4

• Dont know what your major is, but this is common in engineering schools. They do try to weed out the students, especially in the sophomore year. There are usualy one or two professors that like to take on this role

• 13d

Yep. I'm engineering. I'm 3rd year though

• 13d

Well I'm hoping I have a different experience with mechanical engineering lmao. Power train in automotive honestly doesn't sound too bad. Not sure about MBA.. I'll definitely need a break after undergrad. I want to work for a mid size company that does fun stuff.. company like Boston Dynamics or the DOD. Willing to relocate.

• 13d

Well, my parents made me do engineering. I dont regret it now, it has been invaluable to me. Im a pretty firm believer you can take engineers and do pretty much anything with them, but you can't do that with other majors. I actually had a pretty cool job, i was working special vehicles for ford, Cobra, Raptor etc. Just living in Detroit sucked ass.

• Can you complain about him to anyone?

• Yeah a lot of professors do that. My French professor did the same thing.

• That's ridiculous. Aren't there school guidelines on shit like this?

What Guys Said 3

• Welcome to engineering.

Story of my life in undergraduate. Masters is worse. It's 3am here and I'm still up.

• not so bad. Some professors throw in long assignment questions for chapters are are not even taught in class yet 😜

• no. that is school. get through it and the rest of your life will be easier.