Why do people react less negatively to members of the same sex who say "I give up on the opposite sex" than to members of the opposite sex saying it?

Like for example, when a woman says "i give up on men", men give more negative reactions to her than the women would. And when a men says "i give up on women", women give more negative reactions to him than the men would.

13d why why why

Most Helpful Girl

• Sadly, they have nothing else better to do, but judge and react the way they do.

Most Helpful Guy

• This only happens if they are straight/bi, egoistic, and feel entitled to the opposite sex. I'm asexual/aromantic and I got more negative reactions for it from girls than I did from guys...

What Girls Said 3

• This is probably true. However, if a man said to me "I give up on women", I would completely understand. We're crazy.

• Women are bitchy and don't like competition but like having multiple males to choose from

• Because giving up on a whole sex is crazy. It's mid boggling

What Guys Said 1

• Just ego and wanting dominance that's all that is.