How do you feel about adding your coworkers to your personal social networking page?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a terrible idea 100% bad. We've already seen plenty of times videos going viral of people getting fired just for saying something personal on their facebook or whatever or posting a pic of themselves and their bosses or employees seeing it.
    And we've seen this happening on the news as well and people getting fired over the stupidest things. Just stop being stupid people and don't give your co-workers your social media or even email.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have any of my colleagues, I'm friendly with everyone and we go out for drinks and lunches but I'd never have them on social media

What Guys Said 16

• If i used social media i would keep work contacts separate to my circle of friends.

• I don't use social media. If I did I wouldn't add them, work should be separate in my opinion

• Meh it depends on the job. If I was working part time then no. If I was working to build my career then sure we can connect through LinkedIn or something.

• I have a lot of extremism on my page. I don't think they can handle it.

• I keep my working life and my social life separate. I think its generally a bad idea, to let co-workers know anything about you, unless you become friends once you leave the job.

The problem with co-workers, if they find anything about you, were it could create jealousy, then this could lead bigger problems down the road, when working with them I think its best to keep people at arms distance, until you get to know them. I think facebook, is causing major problems with relationships these days.

• Simple. Don't shit where you eat.

• Have advantages and disadvantages, both. Fully depending on the person you are adding. If those coworkers are not that close, you may be restricted in your own territory to express free as before. On the other way round, if they are close and being real friends, they will bring more fun to your social network..

• I usually don't. They request me and I often reject them because I get enough of them at work

• if the company allows it and if you are friends with them, why not?

• I don't like it. It because I don't want people I work with to know what I'm really like because it will hurt my career prospects

• Fine if you vet them out first. I don't add coworkers I don't already like

• I've added most of them. Don't see why I wouldn't.

• I don't add people I don't like, I leave them hanging. And the ones I have added I know at least a bit and trust but still I restrict what they can see compared to normal friends.

• Just the ones you like.

• Awesome, because my coworkers are Marines, and living on base in another country, they're my social circle as well. But I still get out and try to learn the language and make friends from the host country.

• As long as they aren't my manager. I gotta get more followers, know what I mean?

What Girls Said 4

• I don't do it.

• if i was into social media and stuffs its something i'll never do

• I've done it. I don't see a problem with it because I'm friends with my co-workers, and I have nothing to hide, just a bunch of embarassing birthday posts lol.

• I don't add my any co worker on my social networking page...