I've got a seven O'clock flight to Chicago, I thought I'd ask what is your favorite and least favorite part of flying?

My favorite part has to be takeoff where you can feel the acceleration, that just kicks ass (I love Airplanes by the way.)
My least favorite has to be all the goddamn lines involved.
As for why I'm on gag on when I have to be up in 3 hours.
Well, I want to actually be able to sleep the first night at my aunts house and this is my first vacation where I no longer take medications to sleep so I want to be exhausted at the end of the day, just to be sure.
Plus, I feel better and can get up easier than in the few hours of sleep I can actually get before a flight because I'm too excited to get a decent nights sleep.

18d And now I'm waiting at my gate
17d I've now, landed and taken a taxi to my aunts house where I'm on the couch, still no one here but my grandparents and us, as my aunt and uncle are at work and my cousins don't get in till tomorrow.
Right now my Grandfather and my dad are drinking scotch and my grandmother is reading.
I'm fairly bored

Most Helpful Girl

• I like waiting in the airport to get on the plane. My least favorite is the actually flying, though. I get air sick A LOT.

• 18d

Why are you going to Chicago?

• 18d

Oh okay. Have a safe flight.

• 15d

Thanks for MHO

Most Helpful Guy

• Favorite: Looking down at the land or clouds
    Least Favorite: Sitting for hours and hours

What Girls Said 32

• The only thing I like about planes is the amazing view from above. Flew past the Italian alps the other month and it was just mind blowingly beautiful 😱😍

Least favourite is the utterly uncomfortable seats, especially when you fly long distance. Lived through the torture of 11h flights to Beijing several times in the WORST seats ever. My god my whole body ached afterwards every time. And the boredom that came along with it was just even more torturous. I usually have a difficult time sleeping on planes. 🙄

• I agree with the takeoff being the best, I love being pushed back int the chair merely by the speed the plane is having. What I dislike is airport security. It always takes ages and you know rxactly they won't find anything in your bags, still you have to stand in like for ages only so they can make sure. On the other hand of course, I love the security because it would find dangerous objects if somebody else carried them but still I don't like standing in line.

• 17d

Don't be like that, wnjoy family time as long as you can :).

• Actually, there isn't anything I dislike about flying. I think it's because flying is just kind of amazing so why should I complain? But I agree with others, the seats are not nice for anybody, and I'm a petite person! I can't imagine being tall or heavy-set and trying to sit comfortably in plane seats.

My favorite part would be the view, and the take-off. It's just awesome!

• My favourite part is when you touch down on the ground after the flight and you bump a little, it's always fun. My least favourite is probably either queuing or just being stuck in your seat for however many hours.

• 17d

As a little kid, I used to think that bump was an earthquake.

• Least, the take off.
    Favorite, the landing.

But seriously, it's the waiting and the security that I really hated.

• I love airports. I hate flying. Unless it's a little hour long journey and you can just chill. That's nice. But 8-13 hour flights can do one.

• The worst part for me during flying is if there's a tailwind , and the plane starts shaking from side to side.. as though there's an earthquake

• I've actually never flown in a plane.

• 17d

You owe it to yourself to not just fly *in* a plane, but fly the plane yourself. Take a demo flight at a municipal airport. They're usually like $100.

• 17d

@Bluemax No thanks! :P

• My ears always hurt during descent and often continue to hurt for a few hours afterward. Definitely my least favourite part!

• 18d

Other than that, nothing else about flying really bothers me much. I fly a lot so I'm just kind of used to the whole process. I will admit I get a bit pissy if I'm seated beside someone who spills over their seat into mine or who has bad hygiene.

• I guess the landing is my favorite part & the waiting around at the airport is by far my least favorite!
    I fly an awful lot so there's nothing exciting about airplanes anymore for me at this point haha

• The only time I've flown I was 3 months old haha

• I've never been flying. Originally, the take off and landing would be most nerve racking. But after a while, it would be lines. Have a great vacation :)

• My favorite part is getting off the plane my least favorite is being on the plane.

• My favorite part is takeoff and landing. My least favorite part is sitting on the plane when it's a super long flight. I get claustrophobic

• I love take off and turbulence, I hate having to put all my liquids in baggies and the line to get off the plane

• I hate it. Planes are so cramped and they hit you with extra fees now. They never serve anything good on flights, and I hate waiting in lines to board, wait in line at security, having to take off all your shit and then put it back on, walking miles to find your gate, overpriced food vendors, etc etc

• Favorite: the view
    Least favorite: Turbulence
    3.bp.blogspot.com/.../...l-airplane-turbulance.jpg

• My favorite part is being able to sit in the cabin.

My least favorite parts are:
    - being forced to sit in the same position for 10 hours (during long flights) because I have long legs.
    - Being doomed to sit in the middle of a row and being forced to wake people up and make them stand up when I need to use the bathroom.

• I don't like the noise in the flight, it just knocks my ears down.
    I like to watch the views from up above in the clouds and enjoy, especially I like to see the view of the city while landing.
    I don't know why I don't fall asleep in the flight.
    I just enjoy the ride, meal and hospitality.

• never really went on a flight so I don't know :/

• I like flying in general, as long as I don't get stuck next to annoying people :P
    I hate waiting to get off the plane at the end the most.

• I love flying. I hate the lines though.

• My favourite part is the view, taking off and landing are my least favourite because I had Eustachian tube problems when I was little.

• Airports.

• My answer is the same as yours

• favorite = landing (yay! i'm here!)
    least = security checkpoint

• I don't really have anything that i look forward to when being on a flight. I hate everything about it because me and flying don't go well with each other (motion sickness) lol but I guess I like getting to the destination though

• least favorite, the flying and my favorite, the time before and after flying

• Favorite is the take off and least favorite is the rest of the trip.

• Haven't been on a plane since I was younger. Take off was always the best part. Landing was the worst because it bothered my ears a lot.

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 27

• I love baggage pickup because it means the ordeal is almost over. Plus watching the bags go round and round in circles is about the most exciting thing I've seen in a hours.

Baggage pickup is like Christmas with a gift under the tree.
    Oh look!
    A package!
    For me?
    I wonder what it could be?

But wait.
    Where's my other bag?
    On it's way to South Africa you say?
    South Africa doesn't happen to be near San Francisco does it?
    Didn't think so.
    Does this mean a trip to Walmart to get clean underwear and a toothbrush?

• I *love* flying. I mean I can easily look out the window for virtually all 5 hours of a transcontinental flight. Think about it. You're about to do something that thousands of generations dreamed of doing. How many people, going all the way back to the Stone Age, caught the sight of birds dancing with the wind and longed to join them? How many great thinkers attempted to devise a means to fly? Hypatia, Kepler, Da Vincy, Lu Ban, Cyrano, and many others tried... and all failed.

All those thousands of generations of humans dreaming of flight. Yet powered heavier than air flight has been around for about 4 generations. We're one of the precious few who can do it.

I guess not having a window seat is something I hate. On a flight to Honolulu, I was seated behind a child who was very excited. He thrilled at everything! (I kinda do, too) This kid wasn't the problem. The problem was the guy next to me was a real asshole who growled and cursed and sighed audibly in exasperation every time the boy said anything. I thought I was going to be stuck next to this misanthropic jackass for five hours, but fortunately the flight attendant let me switch seats. I hated that. I also don't like most airports, and LAX is the worst in the country (and the competition is stiff).

P. S. I was a student pilot. I think everyone should take a demo flight at least once.

• Many years ago, I traveled for business and flew frequently. I think I have not flown in the past 10 years. I remember the excitement of going someplace new, being exposed to new sights, learning about a new area, perhaps having an opportunity to experience a new cuisine, etc.

• I've always liked the part where we get to touch the air-flight attendants (stewardesses) inappropriately.

• Fav part the free food even though tech its not since you had to pay the ticket, the traveling its fun, if your lucky enough the air-flight attendant will give you the wi-fi password, the free movies they have some good options.
    Least fav- the crying baby there always seems to be a crying baby on every flight, this one is based off luck but if you sit beside someone who is annoying or really fat and take up most of the space, or if you have to sit beside the window cause then you always have to tell them to move especially annoying when they are asleep. I can't fall asleep on the airplane that's also annoying, and the food usually makes me sick and then I can't poop.

• I actually wanted to be a pilot when I was younger - I've flown planes and even worked at an airport.

My least favourite thing, apart from how cramped and uncomfortable the seats are in worst class, is overnight flights. I can sleep anywhere except on a plane. Even alcohol and sleeping pills couldn't help me.

I'm not sure I have a favourite thing. I've flown so much that I basically see it as routine, a means to an end.

• 17d

Were you a student pilot?

• 17d

@Bluemax Nope, I was in the Air Cadets (which is a bit like JROTC) and they use their affiliation to let you visit Canadian Forces bases and use the rifle ranges, planes and gliders.

• I don't like flying, I hate feeling like a sardine in a can. The seats are too small. I try to get the aisle, but still...
    I do enjoy when there's turbulence (not too strong though).

P. S.: Enjoy your time in Chicago.

• 18d

I will.
      Though the majority of the time will be spent in buffalo grove where my aunt lives,
      We'll be going into Chicago though,
      I was born in Illinois, my dad took me into chicago for my fourth birthday.

• All the goddamn waiting in line/sitting around at the airport annoys the shit out of me and of course that airport is in the middle of nowhere and all of this is true for the arrival airport as well. This is why I feel for short distances high speed rail is a superior form of travel.

• I hate the delays, the lines to the washroom, the crying babies and having a seat in the middle.
    I like watching the movies on the plane, the in flight snacks for short flights (peanuts or pretzels although the former is sadly no longer offered), and the view is also pretty cool.

• I used to fly a lot, but only a few times a year now.

My favorite part is when I'm in a window seat, it's a clear day, and I can see all these places I'll never get to at ground level. Flying over Greenland and Baffin Island was interesting. Coming in to London. Flying over the Saudi desert.

My least favorite is all the waiting. Waiting to check in. Going through security. Waiting for the plane to load. At least once on the plane I can read or look out the window or snooze.

• Favorite part- flying
    Least favorite- having to drive to the airport and deal with traffic

I like the waiting and shit. There's so much to do

• The takeoff! I had to fly from Indy to Miami on a two layover flight. Indy to Memphis to Orlando to Miami. The Florida flight was a much smaller plane and was turbulent hell!

• The favorite part: sitting in the plane , minding my business.
    The least favorite part: airports.

• The pressure drop during the beginning of the flight does painfull things to my middle ear, but otherwise I enjoy all parts of flying.

• Never flown on an air plane before, but my guess is getting to the destination faster would be the best part and praying and hoping the plane doesn't fall out of the sky wold be the worst part.

• I'm with you on the acceleration, I'm a speed freak lol.
    Least favorite part is cruising so high I can't even enjoy the features of the ground below

• man... I don't like flying XD I like the landing the most, knowing that I am back on the ground

• My favorite parts are
    - Take off
    - Landing
    - Turbulence
    - Really sharp turnes

• My favourite is the take off and the view from the above. Takeoff is bad-ass and view is fascinating..

• I love the takeoff. Those positive gs give a rush. My least favorite is the descent when my ears haven't adjusted to the pressure and it just hurts.

• Crying children and lack of space.

• The view is the best.
    landing is the worst. The last time I apparently had a light ear infection so my ears popped. I was in so much pain. And since then I have to watch out with everything that causes pressure to my ears.

• Looking out the window

• Never flown😮

• 17d

Then you should get a demo flight. They're about a hundred bucks.

• Never flown before so I can't really answer lol.

• Waiting 4 hours to get to the fucking plane.

• Least favourite:
    -legroom
    -fighting for spots for carryon
    -long daytime flights where they try to encourage you to sleep which throws your sleep schedule off