Anybody else doing the same?

Most if not all of you have been in this situation before. You get on the bus/train and have to sit next to somebody due to lack of seats. Then there's the awkward moment when a row of seats becomes available and you ask yourself whether you should move seats or just stay where you are. I personally stay seated, what about you?

• I stay seated as well.
  • I get up and sit somewhere else.
  • I am usually standing because I don't want to sit with others.
  • Other.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would get up and move to the row of seats where it's most empty and immediately spread my arms and legs so that it looks like I'm doing it for the space so that s/he doesn't take it personally that I moved 😂

(Unless the girl was hot lmao.)

• 13d

I like this idea!!! Then again you'd look like a total slump doing that ;).

• 13d

Put my briefcase/bag or whatever I'm carrying onto the seat beside be and act like I'm digging for something, after a while and just take stuff in and out so that the person will understand that I moved so I wouldn't bother him/her and I had a legit excuse to move to the spacious zone.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• 13d

Seems legit! Should try that next time :).

Most Helpful Girl

• I stay seated because I don't want to be rude and offend them.

What Guys Said 16

• I go where there is more room to put my things and to get things out without elbowing the person next to me. I don't think they are offended by this.

• 13d

I know, I always prefer the people to leave as well but then again, how do I know it's not impolite in their regard? It's just so weird.

• Personally I prefer standing. Cos when the bus's taking turns I could imagine I'm snowboarding through the street by leaning into the turns.

• If I was the first person who was seated on the seat , I stay seated most of the time. But if a fat person seats close to me , due to space problems , I try to change my seat. If i can get a window seat , I want it and so I may change to a window seat. If I am the second person to sit close to a girl , I immediately change to a vacant seat when available.

• Nice question, I have wondered that many times myself. As a nice guy who doesn't want to hurt other feelings I stay seated too because the other person next to me may fee like I feel repulsed by them or some other bad thing if I move.
    One time though I almost moved lol because the one next to me had a bad smell but my destination was close haha so waiting like 1 more minute was a possible thing

• 13d

I feel the same! I don't want them to be insulted in any way.

• 13d

I didn't say that you live in wealth :D even normal life isn't normal for motivating others. They want someone that have something different then normal.

• 13d

Well I suppose I live quite normal, few struggles here and there but that's it. I do manage to motivate some people though.

• I would move to an empty row of seats. Especially if the person next to me is talking loudly on their phone as per this morning. Annoying!

• If there's a full row empty I'd move. I don't care what strangers think of me. I just want to be comfortable and have some space

• I usually stay seated I feel rude if I got up to sit somewhere else.

• I usually get up and move, but sometimes I may actually talk to the person sitting next to me. I will say hi when I sit down, and say so how was your day? If they are interested in conversation then I will stay in that seat, otherwise I will give them their space and move to the available seat.

• haha yeah it happens to me too. but i get up and sit somewhere else

• Too lazy to move so I stay seated like a good boy

• i avoid this by having a car ;)

• 13d

Don't you ever use public transport? I have a car too, yet I usually travel by train because it's cheaper and stress free.

• 13d

Please don't. Me sweating at the gym is really not a nice thought.

• 13d

lol... i won't x

• I'll either stay seated or go and sit somewhere else depending on the person who sits beside me now.

• I usually let the one who seat besides me move away, lol

• 13d

But what if they sit at the window and you in the hallway?

• 13d

lol, this is awkward, say maybe the other one wants to move too, but he feels the same way, he don't want to be rude too, so he stay seated, just like you do, and the thing is, you both want to move, and both don't want to be rude, so none of you move, this is funny, isn't it? haha, but you do feel good, even thought you all get less space, because you all feel respected by others, and this is what we call "civilization".

• 13d

That's exactly why I asked the question :D. It would feel rude if I moved away from somebody but then again I wouldn't actually find it rude when they moved away from me.

• I sit in someone's lap

• You have nice lips mmm

• nowy

What Girls Said 4

• Haha you're right. It's so awkward. I stay seated.

• 13d

But then what if the person looks at you weirdly wondering why you aren't moving... (Is it because she's stalking me?)

Or even if the person looks at you creepily and assumes that you enjoy his company 😂😂😂

• 13d

That comment shows as one notification. How do you expect someone to read that seperately...

• 12d

@QooLipBite Damn! You are so difficult! Lol. Whatever. I don't even care. ThE point is I was being sarcastic in my very first comment. I am not that creepy. If you didn't get it... who cares? Haha
      I thought maybe you have sense of humor. You don't. Bye! :)

• if its someone i kno i might stay seated but other than that i move and sit elsewhere

• Depends... are they cute?
    Jk (not really...) I'd probably move.

• My gosh! I go through this everyday.