Should I transform it into a convertible car? is it possible?

I have a daewoo julliet , quite similar to this :
should I transform it into a convertible car? is it possible?
would it be possible to transform it to a convertible , would it be a good idea?

• yeah go for it
  • no you're crazy
  • uh who cares, show me the answers

What Guys Said 9

• Can it be done? Absolutely. Is that a smart use of your money? Not on your life! This car isn't worth it for the expense of cutting the top off and doing all the additional strengthening of the rest of the car. If you want a convertible, there are far nicer cars to own that are already made that way. A Daewoo? Seriously? This is almost as bad as a Ford Fiesta. SMH...

• That might 'work' in terms of style, but I bet it would cost more than the car itself! it might be more cost effective to just sell this car and get a convertible!

• Convertibles are heavily strengthened to account for the loss in body rigidity and strength from not having a roof. You'd need to do more than cut the roof off or you risk the car literally breaking in half.

Even factory made convertibles can be weird - I remember Top Gewr reviewing one (it might have been the Micra) and saying you could almost feel the whole car twisting around you.

• To much work, it's not as simple as just taking the roof off, the body would need to be resupported to keep the car from folding in half, would be costly, better off getting one that is already unless they never made them I guess if you feel like spending the money because it would be unique

• Depending on how much it costs to change it into a convertible, it might be worth it if you can afford it.

• if you cut the roof off it will snap in two. a body shop could add the strengthners it would need but it would cost so much you could buy a proper convertable that would look better

• Its possible, but it would be far more cheaper to buy a convertible.

• I have two convertibles and I love them.

• You can't do it legal because by removing the room your removing a lot of strength from the car so it will be way less ridged and will probably handle like shit

What Girls Said 2

• Consumer Reports will tell you the best used convertibles to buy in your budget - the latest reviews just arrived.

The money thrown at this idea will only produce leaks and uncomfortable winter driving. An engineer needs to certify it will be structurally safe once the top = plenum structure evaporates, need for a roll bar. Then adapt some sort of canvass top like the old VWs had that accordian as much behind rear seat as possible, since there's no trunk, not even a platform butt bach there.

e. g. and others s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...b91ccab129.jpg

• why don't you just sell it and buy a convertible