Why do people leave dumb answers to questions that have nothing to do with them?

If a question is asked like, what do you and your husband/wife do on date nights or what do you do with your family on Thanksgiving... why do people answer... I don't have a wife/husband or we don't have Thanksgiving in our country.

What is the point of answering a question like that which clearly doesn't pertain to you? I'm pretty sure people are aware Thanksgiving is not an international holiday or the question asker doesn't need to put down... what are you doing to celebrate Thanksgiving... in America... or only answer if you have a wife/husband to begin with. My favorite one had to be, what color is your car, and some girl wrote, I don't have a car.

Dumb... just dumb...

What Guys Said 11

• Because people are stupid, of course. Not gonna lie; I get irritated when I see those kinds of quasi-answers, too. However, I have answered questions that are targeted to a specific group of people but not to men, but I feel as though I have something to add.

• 11d

... but are you answering questions like, "what does it feel like to be pregnant?" I doubt it. I don't mind men answering a question targeted to women if they have another perspective on it from their POV, but when it's something so specific like the car thing, or the pregnant thing where you would have to be a woman... there is not point, and saying, but I'm a man I've never been pregnant is just stupid.

• 11d

Whoops. I typo'd. Instead of 'men', I meant 'me'.

Yeah, no, I probably wouldn't answer a question one what it feels like to be pregnant. At the same time, if it was a gender-specific question, then you could just ask the question only of females. There remains that option in the question setup.

Yeah. I agree. There is no point in saying "I'm a man. I've never been pregnant." or likewise.

• Because you get xper points no matter how bad your answer is, and you can use those points to get free stuff from the site

• 11d

Well, that makes perfect sense, because otherwise, I can see no valid reason for answering a question like, "what's your favorite ice cream flavor," with, "I don't like ice cream." One cannot have a favorite if one does not like it in the first place. SMH.

• LOL. Well you get points for answering and some people will try to answer any question. I don't think it's a big deal.

• Because you think too much about irrelevant problems oddly similar to the exact same people that are creating the questions you find stupid

• 1|0
    • 11d

You CAN also jump out of a plane with no parachute, but you don't do that. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should!

• 11d

@CancerianMan81 I actually haven't told anybody what I want them to do. I merely stated a fact. You can jump from a plane without a parachute, but you don't... meaning of course, just because you can do something, doesn't mean it's a great idea or you should do it. Now if you find error in that... and you would like people to jump out of a plane without a parachute, I can't help your level of insanity there.

• 10d

you ain't going to tell me any different cause I've seen all of you're comments on this MyTake and I know a fucking bully when I see one so nice try

• This forum/page/chat is build similarly to a role playing game. Its build on "advancement", "levels" and "experience points". Some people are "exp grinders" by nature and can't help it but flooding every Q in here with nonsense just to see their level change. They just feel good when they see their high level. "Pride". If you look around, this "grind" system is everywhere.

• "The question is on my computer screen, obviously the computer asked that from me, there is no one else in my room!"

• Dunno.
    Am I allowed to reply here by the by?

• Amazon gift cards.

• They think they are sassy and have wit.

• I totally get what you mean. It's really stupid. I think that kayla person does that a lot amongst others. They post the most irrelevant opinion and then abuse the questioner.

I don't know either. It's so dumb, that it makes me angry as well.

• 11d

Most of the girls here do that, but I agree she is a prime example.

• 10d

@Bandit74 Yep!

What Girls Said 9

• I know its so fucking annoying! Get off the question if you don't have anything useful to say. I know this site isn't to be taken too seriously, but some people are SO ridiculous with their answers.

• That's a way of accumulating Xper points.

• People are just answering for the experience points in those cases. I don't let it bother me. If they want to spend their time answering questions that don't pertain to them, so be it.

• Because they just do.

• perhaps for attention? or to feel noticed? who knows? i usually stay out of questions like that...

• Because tuna is not yellow

• I see a question. I reply to it, it is as simple as that.

• Because it's not against the site guidelines to leave dumb answers.

• Not forgetting of course that "It Takes One To Recognise One".