Do you feel like you have to protect others? If so, does it cause you pressure and stress?

I wouldn't know because I'm not expected to protect people, I'm weak as heck lol

• I don't have the feeling that I need to protect others
  • causes mild pressure/stress
  • causes moderate pressure/stress
  • causes a lot of pressure/stress
  • causes a great weight of pressure/stress
  • I feel like I have to protect others. however it causes no stress

What Guys Said 20

• You know I kind of do. I have the hero syndrome haha.

It all started when I was a wee lad who was bullied. I was literally, put in a situation where I was forced to watch my cousin and friends get brutally beat up and told if I moved they would thro me the same beating, or worst.

I watched and it still haunts me to this day. I wasn't held down or at knife or gun point and I let my cousin and friends get beat up from FEAR of a group of human douchebags. Just 4 douchebags, I should've bloody tried.

But I took martial arts and now im a badass in my mind and well I would say literally, but again that's my own perspective haha. I am a black belt in xingyiquan, taekwondo and equivalent in wing chin though :).

• I definitely feel some pressure. On average, it's pretty mild, but there are some pretty intense spikes at times too.

• I "want" to protect people or look out for people. But most people don't want me to so I don't get many chances to do it. So it doesn't cause me stress, just frustrations.

• I've got a very strong protective streak, especially for those I care about. I've always been that way, but I don't fight or resort to violence to solve problems. Just apply logic and go from there.

• I need to protect my son and ex wife. I say ex because I'm a dick and always mess up a good thing. Then I have to protect my sons mom because my son loves her and no one else will protect her. I live in a constant state of worry. Anyone who has kids understands this. Yes it stresses me out insanely. Any parent and sole provider is like this. But we adapt and take it on the chin. Plus having a good women helps a ton.

• No it comes natural

• Thats why im in GaG. To help/protect other people from making mistakes. No stress. No worries too. Im like a giant well that swallows others' sadness.

• I don't really feel like it's my responsibility to protect people but I always try to look after the people I care about

• I protect my family wife kids only etc so not much stress but a lot of stress on the way as they get older.

• Jeez, Do I have to also like, share and subscribe to this question as well?

• it depends. if they are being attacked yes, if its a friend who is on the verge of suicide yes, if its a rude person being rude to former UFC Bantaweight Champion Ronda Rousey than no bc she can whoop that ass her dam self with just her stare alone unless someone pulls a weapon for jumps her then *Deoxys Attack Mode Activated*

• I'm not a cop or in the military or in a relationship (almost as bad as the military) so only one I need to protect is myself.

• Instinctfully, I feel this way, but since women are "more than equal" now, I consciously resist the urge.

• 15d

Women are weaker than men so it's still justified.

• 15d

most feminists don't deny that men are stronger than women, either

• 14d

I have had a different experience with the being offended if you hold the door open, even though I hold it for dudes too.

• I don't have anyone to protect

• I can't even fully protect myself from suicidal thoughts. I can protect someone else

• I feel like I do and it does stress me a bit but that is one of the things you have to deal with as it comes with the job.

• I would take and carry the weight of the world if you handed it to me

• I always try to protect people around me especially people who don't seem aggressive or strong

• Most of the people as well as me are all tough people. We tend to fend for ourselves

• not really.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm very protective over my friends, my mother and my little brother primarily. It has caused me stress but I'd rather bear that cross than stand by if anybody tries to fuck with them.

• I always have dreams about zombie apocalypse and me trying to save my Family and put them in A safe place while sacrificing myself.

• I never felt the need that I had to protect other people. I have my own problems and things that I am dealing with in my life. I dont like that heavy burden put on me. It can be a lot for a person.

• Usually it's other people who feel the need to protect me. I do protect people I love though (when someone said bad things about them)

• I'm an extremely protective person by nature.

• Children. I hate when I'm in a store or something and see a neglectful parent! I feel really stressed out looking out for their kids.