How come some girls on G@G do not reply back to messages?

Does that mean they don't want to talk to me? Or what? I can see they are active but online but do not message back.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• If they don't message back then they are either busy doing other things or they are simply not interested. If you have messaged out of the blue then you have to respect that some people won't want to talk privately and that's their right. If you have exchanged a few messages with them but they stop replying then just assume that they don't want to continue messaging and move on.

There is no obligation for anyone to reply to your messages. That's life.

• 10d

I know but I was just wondering if it means they hate me

• 10d

Unless they have known you for a long time then they have no basis on which to hate you. Don't take it too personally, you never know why someone might not message back. They might be in a relationship and might not talk to other guys in private. They might be shy or nervous about communication. They might be antisocial. They might be too busy. There could be 100 different reasons that have nothing to do with you or your qualities.

• 9d

I agree, some people just message out of nowhere. Can be annoying!

What Girls Said 16

• we don't want your internet dick hahaha!

• Some of us have 80+ messages and can't answer them all or even read them all unless we stop going to work/ uni.
    The chances of getting a reply are even lower if you don't have a profile picture and/or you are a low XP member.

• Whenever someone is t forward r I start questioning their motives in speaking t me, it turns me away from them and I'm slower to respond. Sometimes if I'm not in a chatty mood, I would wait unit a another time when I am, to prevent being grouchy with the person which would be impolite. This is assuming the person is not a perv. I have a strict no-time-for-pervs policy :)

• 10d

*too forward or I start questioning their motives in speaking to me

• I dont reply back to messages. I didn't come to this site to date. I can on this site to read opinions, answer questions and to vent. Not read messages nonstop from young guys who are in high school. Thats a waste of my time for me. I have other things going on in my life.

• If the conversation turns sexual or starts off that way then I won't respond. I'm not entertaining that.

• I barely respond to any messages either. You have the biggest chance if you say something else than 'hi how are you?'. I don't feel like taking the effort to lead a conversation somewhere. Overall 90% of all the messages I got (if not more) were inappropriate or in any context sexual related.
    If you want a reply, start with a question, a joke, something they said in an opinion.
    Don't take it too personal. It's not because girls hate you, more that they have better things to do.

• Anything sexual or too personal and I don't respond, or if they start out great and chatty but start to slide little comments in that make me question their motive I'm out. There are seriously so many 😩

• The messages I get start with "hey Joy, or hey JoyGirl."
    Every time I see that, I suspect the person.
    I use to think oh, if the person just says hey, then there is nothing wrong with it. They just want to talk, but before I knew it, the conversation with the person with slowly drift to the most weirdest things ever.
    I don't reply hardly reply anymore, because half the people that message me are like wolves in sheep clothing. 🐑😏

• I barely ever respond. I'm just not a fan of pm on here.

• I will usually respond if I have a minute as long as they are not being sexual or saying crazy/weird things.

• Why is that surprising that some girls just don't wanna talk to you?

• 10d

Because i was just wondering if it means they don't like me.

• Because you are stranger and they don't know you most likely.

• because guys are creeps.

• Depends on what you're talking them about :P

• Don't take it personally. People get harassed on here all the time. I remember back to when we had IM, it was bad for that. I don't mind talking to some people. But I'm a busy person. And I'm sure many of us on GAG are too. We come on here during our spare time to answer questions and help where we can. No one is obligated to message you back. Please remember that this site is free, and the people giving advice are humans with actual lives and do not really get paid for their time other than Xper points. But for the most part, people have obligations outside of GAG to attend to.

Plus when so many people are messaging you for advice or with their problems, well that starts to wear on you after a while. We are human! Some people are very demanding with other people's time and they keep messaging even after they have given advice. Because sometimes the person comes up with new details to counter the advice, every time!

The advice here is free, remember that. Because plenty of people seem to feel that they are entitled to other's time. So even though you may not have done anything wrong, people sometimes just don't have the energy or desire to respond. It has pretty much nothing to do with you as a person.

• because they are really girls

What Guys Said 7

• Most girls on G@G are inundated with tons of messages (most of them are inappropriate). This wears on them so it makes them less inclined to respond back to messages - even if it's friendly in nature.

• 10d

Oh I see I guess. I didn't send anything innapropriate

• Yeah, basically they don't wanna talk.

• Their PM box is full

• Who cares what random people online think if you? You should ideally use the website to better understand social dynamics, and try to meet more people offline.

• They have too many messages, don't read their messages, don't know you so they don't reply.

• You've gotta be a beast like me to have a chance of getting a response

• 10d

Teach me your ways all mighty god!

• Because they are stuck up bitches who think they are better then certain men because of XY and Z. You know what i mean.

• 10d

No its because some women are sick of being harassed by men online and are too scares that if we reply to messages eventually it will happen again

• 10d

@Short_girl 'scares'. *scared*

• 9d

Thanks for the correction, replied at 1am without glasses on so bound to have a few typos