Have you ever lived by a wildfire?

Currently there is a couple of wildfires near where I live. The smoke is terrible here, but I heard it is worse in other parts of the state. Last time I checked Knoxville is under a code red air quality advisory, while we are on a code orange.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. The fire wasn't close enough to put us in danger, but I could see the flames in the mountains from my house, and the smoke reached home and well, to the beach too.

What Girls Said 2

• There are some in Virginia as well, in the counties bordering mine. So, I'm not too close to it but if it continues to spread I may start to feel uneasy about it. All of the surrounding county firefighters are working hard to contain it though.

• Never. Scary seeing the news reports.

What Guys Said 8

• not especially close but there are some in new jersey right now so thats about as close as i've ever been

• We don't have wildfires here in Latvia. At least none of the same scale.

• Yup, i lived by lava in hawaii too. The sulfer gas is way worse than any burning fire out here on the mainland.
    School, practices, were sometimes canceled and the police would hand out masks.

• 17d

I already had some masks because of my dad's business. By law he is required to have them in case of a spill.

• 17d

That's good, or you could pee in a rag and use it as a bask too.

• Here in Belgium there are so few woods (tightly populated country) that there are no wildfires whatsoever.
    The closest by are in the South of France or in Spain. Often lit on purpose by farmers who want the ground for other purposes :o

• Looks like we got some drought and a few arsons. Hopefully it will clear up soon or at slow down

• No, but I used to live in the OC, where there was lots of forest fires.

• Well I do live in a farm state so crop burning is pretty common here and you can smell the smoke in town we only really have wildfires when crop burning get out of control.

• 16d

In some places they had a code purple for air quality.

• 16d

Well the air here is clean this is only something that happens 1-2 times a year here and we don't really have codes for it. It's just o there's a crop burning * goes about day*

• I live in so cal where wild fires are a regular thing. Once the smoke was thick enough there was a noticeable lack of oxygen which is disconcerting.