Did you vote Trump only because of the Islam problem?

• Yes
  • No
  • Also

What Girls Said 6

• Because of the Islam problem? What Islam problem? That's like asking because of the Christianity problem, or the Catholicism problem, or the Atheism problem, or the Judaism problem. What problem dude? There is no Islam problem.

• America has a terrorist problem, not an Islam problem. President Elect Trump has chosen to equate terrorism with a religion, instead of a mindset. People who have hatred in their hearts become and have the propensity to be terrorists. Islam is a religion of peace that has been demonized by ignorant people looking for someone to blame. I believe that many people voted for Trump because of the fear in their hearts that has been instigated by false information and ignorance. I only hope that the truth will become apparent to these individuals before more Muslims become victims of unjust violence.

• 16d

Well you're right I agree with you in some things. But a president with your ideas about Islam, I think we all can see the results just look at Europe. So your ideology is not a good way to handle terrorism.

• 15d

Or maybe i said something you dont have an excuse for...

• 15d

no your just being obstinant... if I can't use facts to persuade you then I can't help you

• I didn't vote for Trump, but I do believe there is problem. And hopefully he really does something about this shit as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtihdolLHY

The only thing I've ever agreed with him on. Building that wall.

• Good lord no that wasn't the only reason

• I didn't vote because I don't live in America

• I didn't vote for either candidate, but most people I know who voted Trump did it because of health care costs and Democrat "tax and spend" issues.

• 16d

I also have many people I consider friends who voted for those reasons. Supreme Court Justice, Taxes, Healthcare and other reasons such as those are good reasons to vote for your desired candidate; however, xenophobia, Islamaphobia, racism, and fear are not good reasons to vote for a specific candidate. Donald Trump, unfortunately, perpetuates most of these ideas.

• 16d

I completely agree. Hillary Clinton was not a perfect candidate either. She said one thing but did another behind closed doors. In her defense, she is not alone. This type of behavior seems to be a politicians uniform, but in her case the scandal of it all destroyed her chances at being president (along with a 3rd party candidate). I'm hoping in 4 years that America can produce real candidate ready to handle real issues for the betterment of all Americans and even those who live here with out citizenship. How can we lecture other countries (even wage psuedo war on other countries) because they dont demonstrate human rights the way we do, and then turn around and not demonstrate those same morals in our own country?

• 16d

For real! 👏👏👏

What Guys Said 12

• I would say it breaks down something like this. Not exact, but the general idea.

1) A big chunk of people vote strictly by party, either Republican or Democrat.
    2) Issues - they voted on some mix of issues
    3) Everyone else
    3A) Huge anti-Hillary vote - HUGE
    3B) Anti-extremist liberal vote - This vote goes beyond the regular liberal vs conservative vote - it's about the off-the-chart totally crazy extremism that's been happening.

I think 3A and 3B are what swung this election. They are what caused very large numbers of people to show up and vote, and swing it opposite to what all the polls were showing.

The people who vote almost entirely on issues and policies are rarely one issue voters. There are some exceptions, but it's usually looking at the big picture. I'd say that there are extremely few people who voted for Trump for just that one issue. I'd be very surprised if it was as much as 1%. It's probably some very small fraction of a percent.

Keep in mind that party voters are really issue voters, but it's the whole package, not just one issue.

As for myself, Islam was not a factor, not even a small factor. I never even considered it. It's not about Islam anyway, it's about terrorism. I think there is little that a president can do other than what's already being done. I don't really expect Trump to do much differently. He'll get briefed on it and receive reports from the same people who are briefing and sending reports now. He might make some tweaks here and there, but I don't expect any major changes.

• i didn' vote for him and his lack of experience in foreign affairs. lack of knowledge of history, people, places, and goings on in the middle east plus his hot temperament were specific reasons i didn't think he would be able to adequately handle the issue of terrorism

• No, I voted for Trump for more than that. Not that his position on radical Islam wasn't important for me because it was. I also voted for him because of his positions on immigration and trade and the promise he made to put the interests of the American people first were he to be elected.

• I did not vote Trump.

• I'm just waiting for the guy to crash the economy the way Bush did by fueling another financial bubble. Can't wait for the right moment to short the S&P500

• I think a lot of people voted for him because of the SJW problem.

• That was part of it.

• Trade, debt, and illegals primarily along with getting rid of corruption.

• couldn't vote

• I had a couple of reasons to vote for Trump, one of them is because of gun rights.

• I voted for mostly because he wants to stop the free trade with China. My second most important reason is the wall to stop some of the drugs coming into the USA. The people that came here, as long as they didn't commit additional crimes, I would be fine with them paying $5,000 fine and be allowed to stay. But I want as much of the drugs stopped as possible.
    My third reason is the Muslim ban.
    So, pretty much I want jobs available here, no drugs, and I want it to be safe for people too.

• 16d

just to address the drug issue. the US military, ATF and DEA estimate that 95% of drugs from Mexico are shipped into the US via shipping containers of sea vessels. then consider the some 150 tunnels that are reported to be on the borders, the drug war will not be won with a wall considering the kind of weight mexican drug cartels move into the US simply isn't by land routes

• 16d

@madhatters4 Everything coming into the USA should be inspected for drugs. I hate drugs and what it does to families. I wish there was a death penalty on dealing drugs if it could be proven in the act on visual and audio recordings.

• 16d

oh i hear ya man. the illegal drug trade is a true poison on society. i just know from friends in ATF that most in the law enforcement of the drug trade know that a wall won't stop drugs as the vast majority of drugs don't cross land borders

• ı didn't vote