How would you react if you found out an ex (who dumped you) ended up in an unhealthy relationship?

In my case, I feel bad for him. He seemed like such a no nonsense person when we were together, it's sad to hear what he's dealing with now.

what about you?

What Guys Said 21

• At this point, I'd feel sad and happy at the same time. Sad because that sucks for her and I do want her to be happy. However, knowing how much of an effort, care, and love I put into our relationship and her and her telling me I was the best guy she's ever been with to then dump my ass suddenly because "there were never any sparks and I never loved you" or maybe because she just wanted to bone other dudes and wanted to downplay a one year relationship, whatever, knowing all I know now I'd probably find it absolutely hilarious and would make me appreciate karma so much more. She'd actually deserve it, so yea I'd just find it fucking hilarious.

• My first wife did this, and while I no longer have any of the details behind their relationship, I don't get the feeling they are in paradise. I honestly believe that you reap what you sow, so she left me for him, and as I understand it, if she leaves him for someone else (like she did to me) he will kill her. At any rate that is now her cross to bear so I really don't have any feelings about her relationships.

• There's nothing I can do. She's married to him and I am married to someone else. He's a douche who estranged himself and her from their families. He's like a cult and she got sucked into it.

• I couldn't care less. It's an ex

• Brought it on himself, sadly. Hard to feel sorry for that. My bad if I sound harsh, but it's true from my pov.

• Considering I don't hold grudges I would be there for them as a friend if they needed me to. At the end of the day I once loved that person and throwing them away like they did you doesn't make things even. Why hold resentment to someone that's just like you, human? Humans make mistakes and you'll see that in life.

• It is sad. You feel bad but I try not to focus on it. It's their life. You can't control it or do anything about it. No point in worrying about it.

• Don't care it was her decision to get in that relationship, so it's up to her to get out.

• I'd spend a few minutes thinking how that is terrible, then I'd remember this was their doing and move on.

• That would suck for her and I hope she finds someone better than her current partner

• good karma

• I wouldn't feel good. It's not good to be cynical. And seeing someone in pain even if they dumped you isn't my idea of "feeling good" about it. We should uplift one another.

• That's there own fault. I guess it would be a little sad but not much

• Karma will come home to roost. It always does, good, bad or indifferent.

• Laugh for a few seconds and then carry on with my usual business

• Well, personally, I got married to who I thought was the one for me a few years ago. Two months after saying "I do", she left me for some one who she met at work. I came to find out shortly after that he ended up being a total nut job. As In, he didn't see her at work on day, and proceeded to drive to her house and bang on her window to see why she didn't come into work, or at least call him to let him know.

Needless to say, I didn't feel too bad about it.

• 10d

Malaka, my ex did something similar. There was a period of about 2 months that she was pulling away and I tried fixing things but I couldn't do anything since she spent most of her time at work with dumbasses and hoe bags. Her best friend at work was this girl that was in a 3 year relationship and did nothing but try to cheat on her boyfriend who was soooo much better than her in literally every way. Anyway, she started her new job and that's when all the problems started cropping up. Some guys were into her and she LOVED the attention, that's all she would talk about and when I told her I didn't think was a good idea to be leading them on by constantly texting them, suddenly I'm this controlling monster. I guess I was wrong to think that my girl was a hoe deep down inside, oh wait nevermind. There was a VERY VERY questionable night and "nothing" happend though. I guess slipping up and saying that your cock is bigger than another work guy's dick is "nothing". These bitches ain't loyal.

• 10d

Holy shit dude, that's seriously some fucked up shit. I completely feel you on that. Yeah it's always hard to trust the signs that your gut is telling you when you're in love (or think you're in love). In the end though, people like that get what's coming to them bro. We just gotta not let that dark shit take away from what we have to offer to the world. I'm for sure as fuck better off now than I was before, and I'm sure you are too. Stay up my brotha! Appreciate the words

• 10d

Thanks dude and you're right about the gut feeling. I had a gut feeling that something was off the day after the questionable night and wouldn't have even found out about it if I didn't look through her phone which I know was wrong but it was the first time I've done that with any girl I've been with and to be fair my gut wasn't far off. She still won't admit to cheating, but I know what happened. All I've learned from this is that you should be sure she's a good person (flags always pop up in the beginning, don't ignore them) before you allow yourself to fall in love because love really fucks up your head and you can't trust your judgement at that point. Yea I'm better off, I've been dating a new girl who's really into me. Good luck fellow greek :)!

• story of my ex i think.

in a long distance relaitonhip. wth is she thinking lol and she felt some sorta way when she found out i m doing ok for myself.

• Meh. It's their decision. I have never been in a relationship but always see my mother make such stupid decisions. I feel sorry for her but it's her fault.

• I would think well she loss what she had good. Karma came and got her.

• If that's what she wants then that's what she gets... It was good for a few laughs though...

• Depends if you still care about them slightly.

What Girls Said 11

• Ex is causing problems in his relationship by online dating... not my business don't care what I care about is his putdowns of me and belittle ment... and tryin to dupe me into meeting him when his girlfriend just had his baby...

I think whatever happens to him he has only himself to blame.. again not my buisness as long as he stays away from me and don't involve me in his drama...

Stay away from ur ex... mind your own buisness and let him learn from
    Mistakes made... he made his choice he now has to learn from it and it should not affect you be glad you have nothing to do with it anymore. Honestly just worry about yourself forget about him

• I care about few men in a romantic way, so I'd feel bad for him and want to help him. But seeing as things ended on his terms in said scenario, it'd be up to him to reach out.

• he did end up in an unhealthy relationship, with his own sister. and to be honest, i don't feel sorry for him because he is allowing a crazy b*tch, who literally needs to be put in the mental hospital, to manipulate him into raising a child who happens to be his own niece. and instead of thinking about the damage that this could do to said niece, he is thinking of his own selfishness. so no, i don't feel sorry for him.

• If he knows he is in an unhealthy relationship, he should consider leaving, but there are reasons unknown (for whatever reason) on him staying. He does have a choice, it's just meh to me.

• no reaction

• He was toxic and emotionally abusive towards me so I don't really care.

• feel bad for him.

• Its not that I hate him buy he probably had it coming. :/

• I wouldn't feel sorry or even care.

• If he lefted me for someone else and broke my heart. Slightly happy!

• I wouldn't feel bad for him what goes around comes around. Though he just might want to leave that relationship.