Is it bad to randomly text a girl you've had bad history with?

I'm a person who doesn't hold grudges for very long. If I'm mad at a person (like really mad), it'll only last at most a month or two, and then I'm over it and willing to reach out to the person again. You only live once, and love is much better than hate. I still keep in mind that the person betrayed or hurt me and protect myself, but I believe in second chances. This girl and I used to be friendly, she's really smart and athletic. I think I may have overextended and asked her to go out with me when it wasn't necessarily appropriate and she took it too seriously. We haven't talked in months, and I tried to reach out to her at the beginning of the school year. I had a couple of drinks and though about her for the first time in quite a while, and maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to reach out to her. It's around Thanksgiving and I'm in a better mood than I've been in a while. Maybe I should reach out to her and say I think she's a good person, or apologize, or maybe forget about it? I really want to find someone to spend more time with on a more romantic level in the near future but have never been able to do so

What Girls Said 1

• It doesn't sound like she's interested. Spare yourself the misery and delete her number and find a girl who is enthusiastic.

• 10d

Probably after college :(

• 10d

Yes! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

• 10d

It sounds like your initial instincts are good, but then you worry about messing up and that holds you back. Keep pushing past that self doubt.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like you just need to talk to more girls. When you have more options, you don't think about contacting people that you don't get along with, which is obviously a bad idea.

• 10d

You're right, I don't have any options though. Just girls who are likely not interested :(

• 10d

You really think making a tinder profile with a good picture of myself is a good play to get some? I might try it for the heck of it, standards aren't really that high at this point.

• 10d

yep, ideally you'll have a good quality face picture as your profile pic (statistically, guys do better with more serious expressions and not looking directly at the camera), a picture where you're being social with other people, and a picture of you doing something interesting. Keep your bio short and funny, and message girls more unique than just "hey, how's it going" so you'll stand out