Is humility a virtue of past?

Like in today's world, having humility is considered something not so good trait. People who are other way round (lack humility at all) seem to be the ones who get their way.

PS- Humility and lack of confidence are two different things in my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaps and with the coming generations it's only going to get worse. With that being said, valuable gems are the hardest to find. Never give up on your virtues just because the rest of the world feels like traveling south. I'd rather be the odd ball than part of a negative in-crowd.

What Guys Said 12

• In the media spotlight, it is this way of course. In the USA, where humility was never that value in the first place, it was always a race to grab the spotlight..

• I see where you're coming from. You are correct in saying that you can be confident and humble. Arrogance is appealing in my opinion.

Humility should be something seen as a great virtue, attractive and something to be admired. It's probably a case of the silent majority as I believe being humble and good is a good thing over the opposite.

• "is considered something not so good trait"

I think a more correct statement would be that a lack of humility is not frowned upon as much as it used to. But it is still considered a good trait in most places in my opinion.

• 10d

"I think a more correct statement would be that a lack of humility is not frowned upon as much as it used to"
      - I agree

• no. there seems to be social engineers in the hierarchy of society... they glorify destructive things...

the design of our minds and laws of life dont change...

this is why the result is devastating and people are high living in this degressing pop culture.

• yeah. it´s definitely a thing of the past. sadly... people always confuse it with lack of confidence -.-
    ps. i like your name XD

• humility is not a weakness. I often find that the more aggressive person is the one who gets what they deserve in the future.

• Humility is gone because of the rise of the self centered ideal we live in.

• Because we should be wolfs not rabbits.

• no, and I agree that "Humility and lack of confidence are two different things".

• It's still there although not like how it used to be

• Glorifying humility was a way to keep people humble and begging.

What Girls Said 2

• Humility and lack of confidence are two different defintions. Some people are quietly confident , but humble. Yet others are confident , but very arrogant and egotistical.

Humility is a quality I look for in a guy, and in a friend too. It's a beautiful quality to have.

• I think humility is a wonderful trait though.